Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow....

Doforcash

i made a thread at one point, suggesting the very same thing. have some kind of indicator that the next shot will explode. that way we can plan around it and make use of it.

but considering the nerfs. how and the overall effect it has on bows, i took it off. and ill probably never use it again.

waste of a great idea.

It's by chance. Just hope the RNG gods bless you.

If they were to implement an indication based on whether or not your next shot will blow, it'll need to constantly do maths every time you draw your arrow. This can negatively impact performance.

A better way to do it is to just rework Thunderbolt entirely.

If they were to implement an indication based on whether or not your next shot will blow, it'll need to constantly do maths every time you draw your arrow. This can negatively impact performance.

Do you realise how little processing power that will take? One little calculation.

A CPU is generally rated on its calculation speed. I.e 3GHz means 3 billion calculations per second. You don't think there's a process to spare, in that one second?

Do you realise how little processing power that will take? One little calculation.

A CPU is generally rated on its calculation speed. I.e 3GHz means 3 billion calculations per second. You don't think there's a process to spare, in that one second?

Assuming they can program it properly.

Also, lot's of F2P players don't exactly have... adequate computers. So, if they screw up the programming on that, S#&$'s gonna happen.

FYI, my specs are:

i7-3770@3.3GHz

HD7870 2GB Pre-OC'd

8GB of 1600MHz RAM

Asus P8H77-I

I posted the above because I'm bored and want to prove I actually know what you're talking about.

I see the indicator as somewhat of a player want, not need. An indicator wouldn't change anything, but make players aware of when the explosion was gonna happen.

If anything make it a mod like Eagle Eye, zoom mod, some people want to use it, but not make it a default feature.

Thunderbolt as is, is use at your own caution, that seems to work fine. Aim too close, you'll learn your lesson.

Edited by OrokinNoob

I think Thunderbolt works fine as it is. But it could be a lot better, that's for sure. Having an indicator could make it better, as I know the pain of shooting a wall to hope to get some collateral damage on a group of enemies.

Assuming they can program it properly.

Also, lot's of F2P players don't exactly have... adequate computers. So, if they screw up the programming on that, S#&$'s gonna happen.

FYI, my specs are:

i7-3770@3.3GHz

HD7870 2GB Pre-OC'd

8GB of 1600MHz RAM

Asus P8H77-I

I posted the above because I'm bored and want to prove I actually know what you're talking about.

I'd just like to point out that the algorythm that decides if your arrow will explode or not is already in place. Placing that proccess before the arrow flies off, and binding it to a small led light on the bow wouldn't exactly require a programming genius, or for that matter any kind of measurable pc recources.

if(arrowExplodes == true)

{

bowLight = "on";

ChangeBowLights();

}

It's about that easy, considering what we already have in place. Sure you have to write the ChangeBowLights method, but if we can have lights for charging melee weapons, we can easily have lights for the bow.

I imagine people with inadequate computers would have their graphics turned down, so this code may never be executed for them anyway.

if(arrowExplodes == true)

{

bowLight = "on";

ChangeBowLights();

}

It's about that easy, considering what we already have in place. Sure you have to write the ChangeBowLights method, but if we can have lights for charging melee weapons, we can easily have lights for the bow.

I imagine people with inadequate computers would have their graphics turned down, so this code may never be executed for them anyway.

Well, the logic behind it is that easy... as far as the modeling for it, we all saw how simple water went terribly on outer terminus, lol

Also, you're calling a function, which presumably has more than 4 lines to it >.>

Edited by lstalri

Well, the logic behind it is that easy... as far as the modeling for it, we all saw how simple water went terribly on outer terminus, lol

Also, you're calling a function, which presumably has more than 4 lines to it >.>

I did mention that in my post. Also, give DE some credit, they made this game after all.

I think he meant by his own bow arrow that use explosive and he had it mix with eletric ability with random stuff I don't know what he put his artifacts, he probably went off going on his rampage mode killing everything.  Done that, he probably so happy that he must kept on using that bow alot unless he is upset that discovering using the explosive accidently backfired that cause the artifact backfired against himself by shock, burn, stun, freeze, crit, muility, and punctured.  How I know?  Umm...accidently shot near by grunt and he was about 2 feet away from me...yea that impact nearly killed me which cause me burn, shock, and all random effects stuff.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

It may be possible.

Assuming the Split Chamber effect is calculated once a new arrow is drawn, then Thunderbolt may take it's turn prior to launch. However, if split chamber needs the projectile to be fire in order to determine the if it will fire an extra arrow or not, then Thunderbolt would have to wait until the impact of each individual arrow to determine if it goes Boom or not. If the latter is true, it will not be possible.

Doesn't thunderbolt suck anyway?   :P

I did mention that in my post. Also, give DE some credit, they made this game after all.

More accurately: they borrowed an "engine" (I don't even know what type of engine it is) and attempted to adapt a game to work on it.  You can see how well that's working so far.  #betaframe

It may be possible.

Assuming the Split Chamber effect is calculated once a new arrow is drawn, then Thunderbolt may take it's turn prior to launch. However, if split chamber needs the projectile to be fire in order to determine the if it will fire an extra arrow or not, then Thunderbolt would have to wait until the impact of each individual arrow to determine if it goes Boom or not. If the latter is true, it will not be possible.

Doesn't thunderbolt suck anyway?   :P

Actually, with the new "primed charge" mod or whatever (first shot does more damage for snipers), I'm assuming there's some sort of checks being done before shots are fired. 

Edited by lstalri

More accurately: they borrowed an "engine" (I don't even know what type of engine it is) and attempted to adapt a game to work on it.  You can see how well that's working so far.  #betaframe

They made the engine themselves. It's the Evolution Engine.

They made the engine themselves. It's the Evolution Engine.

I'm sorry.  I was horribly misinformed.  After doing some personal research, I'll refine what I've said:

More accurately: they borrowed an designed for previously developed games (built to much older standards) and attempted to adapt this game (warframe) to work on it.  You can see how well that's working so far (it's kind of the reason why almost every version of Halo comes out with a new engine... same concept, but in order to improve you almost always have to start from the ground and work your way up).  #betaframe

Edited by lstalri

...some people said that the graphic may prevent people to see the bow light....and this idea could be terminated in the furture...but if you use Rage mod and u see your wepon shire.....you MIGHT think otherwise :D

Edited by Doforcash