Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost nerf?

Starbush

Question

So I played frost today for the first time in the week and noticed a rather worrying change. Firstly, the globe has a different texture... one that makes it practically impossible to see out of it. Next is something I am unsure of. I'm not sure whether it is just me being stupid but I remember the globe taking reasonable damage for up to level 80's and sometimes above, however, it was now failing in just a bit of damage from level 20's... What this a part of a patch? Sorry if any of this is misinformed and I do appreciate any responses!

8 answers to this question

Your globe's transparency may be related to your energy color: darker colors, specifically black, are easier to see through when it comes to frame abilities.  Neons and bright colors tend to be tougher to see through.

As far as your globe feeling weaker, I have to agree with jmthebigman, it's probably related to how your Frost is modded.  Did you choose an empty loadout by any chance?  I've done that before after forma'ing a frame.

1 minute ago, Starbush said:

Just a side note, I have modded frost well but thanks for the response anyway... I only started playing again recently so changes are just a bit disorientating.

Thanks!

Only change since the snowglobe rework was the texture last night.

Do you got all armor mods and a heft amount of power strength?

no frost hasn't been changed or nerfed.

the only change is the new texture on the globe (and i think on some of the other powers) the problem is the globe now looks like crumpled or heated plastic and not ice, the fact its clearer to see the globe once inside it is good, (I didn't find it hard to see out off but that might be down to energy colour or just me???)  but from the outside its much darker and harder to spot. it looks sh*t overall.. 

Just now, jmthebigman said:

Only change since the snowglobe rework was the texture last night.

Do you got all armor mods and a heft amount of power strength?

This is my current build... It has just occurred to me that I wasn't all too adept in modding then but it has worked for me nonetheless: 

Physique, primed flow, chilling globe, stretch, intensify, Transient, Redirection, streamline & steel fibre 

21 minutes ago, Starbush said:

Firstly, the globe has a different texture... one that makes it practically impossible to see out of it.

That's odd since the first thing I did after the update was to grab Frost Prime and hop into a Defense Alert that was running and cast Snow Globe.

And I could hardly even see the Globe at all using his default Energy Color.

I used the default specifically because I wanted to check out the new f/x.

And one funny thing was that right away someone asked me what energy color I was using because they really liked it and they were unaware of the graphic update to it.

One thing I seemed to notice and it could just be my imagination but it seemed that when you first cast Globe it has more particle effects that seem to die off after a few seconds.

My guess there was that this was present during the "invulnerability period" which I think is kind of a cool idea.

Overall I really like the graphics update to his powers.

Now if we can get DE to change the Snow Globe vs Nullifier Bubble interaction to decay like Nidus mutation stacks (instead of just getting wiped), that'd be super! ;-)

Anyhow, my best guess is also that it might be your Energy Color... ? Maybe try using one of the darkest colors you have access to that you like, or just try it on default and see how that works. 

Cheers!
~R~