Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax build: Maiming strike or not?

Kronxito

Question

I have heard about this weapon and finally decided to try it.

My actual build is:

Primed reach

Primed pressure point

True steel   <---- (may change this for another 60% damage/status mod)

Organ shatter

Blood rush

Body count

Berserker

60% damage/status mod (cold)

Im asking for improvement on this build or another one even more devastating.

Edited by ArionLightning

37 minutes ago, ThunderZsolt said:

Thanks for answering again, it seems like I've run out of questions regarding this topic!

The tigris is another story, because you need 100% status chance for each pellet to proc, therefore you have to use all 4 60/60 mods, and out of viral+radiation, magnetic+gas and corrosive+blast the first one is the most useful combo with that low fire rate (although blast is really fun)

Corrosive / Blast actually starts to beat Rad / Viral around lvl 150. That was what I mean by using that comparison.

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Corrosive / Blast actually starts to beat Rad / Viral around lvl 150. That was what I mean by using that comparison.

Tested in the Simulacrum, (although only on lvl135 corrupted bombard eximus) and only the bleed effect dealt significant damge either way. Since the bombard eximus died in 3 duplex shots in both cases (2 would have been enough if I waited), I don't see how you shoot the lvl150 ones so much more that the corrosive effect surpasses viral - the initial up front damage from the shot is negligible against that amount of armor anyway

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Lasting String will double the duration of your Bleed procs which results in double the damage over time from them. The trick is you need to allow those bleed procs to do their damage which requires an enemy with enough raw HP. It also helps to have some discipline in knowing when to leave an enemy to die of bleeds as continuously beating on an enemy with any bleed spec is partially wasting your potential.

Lasting Sting is a better option for shorter Reach weapons like Prisma Dual Cleavers or Venka Prime. It's difficult to justify ditching Primed Reach on Atterax.

Maiming Strike adds directly to your base crit chance. If you have 20% base crit, your slides will have 110% modified base crit.. True Steel is multiplicative with your unmodified base crit. Even if you were to build with True Steel and Maiming Strike. True Steel would improve your base 20% and not the modified 110%. Blood Rush improves both of these however True Steel cannot catch up with Maiming Strike in current conditions.

Yea, melee has 5-6 staple mods these days. It's really not very interesting to build a melee weapon because you only have 2 slots most of the time to work with.

Tested the slash build with Maiming yesterday and it is really ridiculous. I didnt even use naramon, sleep etc... 

It gets to a point where if you are going against ultra high level enemies, just the maiming + slash proc build is absolutely the best.