Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Limbo?

(PSN)WastedKami

Question

1 hour ago, KeLaRo said:

is a good support, but alone is very weak.

good for spy mission, and maybe for static defense.

an ability similiar to Nezha and its circle (shoot and teleport) could be cool (using the hat instead)

with that hat will be cool if he will be able to throw it and kill enemies xD

I use my limbo nearly every day.  He's indespensible for sortie defense and Kela de Thaym assassination.  He's also good at Rescue, spy or ayatan laser based obstacle courses, and as an unkillable medic.  Otherwise, he's squishy and his powers don't help much.

I build him for max duration with about 50 percent range.  You don't want a huge Cataclysm because you can't fight that many enemies at once on higher levels.  His casting animations are very slow so he needs Natural Talent, which takes up a slot that could be used to help his squishiness.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I use my limbo nearly every day.  He's indespensible for sortie defense and Kela de Thaym assassination.  He's also good at Rescue, spy or ayatan laser based obstacle courses, and as an unkillable medic.  Otherwise, he's squishy and his powers don't help much.

I build him for max duration with about 50 percent range.  You don't want a huge Cataclysm because you can't fight that many enemies at once on higher levels.  His casting animations are very slow so he needs Natural Talent, which takes up a slot that could be used to help his squishiness.

Same for me, I max duration and minimise range, this way you can use Cataclysm on a defense mission and make the objective virtually unreachable by anything else than melee attackers. I think I've sacrified some power though, since I don't usually look for damage when playing as Limbo.

Natural Talent is a must, otherwise you'll enter the rift too slowly and get shot down. If you play safe, you shouldn't even need vitality and redirection, so that's two free slots. Also, bring a fast-firing weapon (Tigris is good for that) so that you can assassinate priority targets as soon as you send them in the rift.

He is also pretty good on some spy missions, as long as there aren't too many drones/cameras. There's one grineer frigate spy mission in particular in which he's awesome, the one with the conveyor belts, since you can't use Loki's decoy to pass the laser gate at the beginning anymore, Limbo allows you to walk through it. Loki and Limbo make a fine duo.