The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Maybe) A Solution to Sentinel/Pet Survivability

Dijn11

Right, so in higher missions, your companions will bite the dust usually pretty quickly. But what if you made them the way you made Clem act when he's a companion in the "Help Clem" mission? Yeah I know, "who plays that" right? Assuming I was not mistaken, Clem can get downed and taken out of the fight. But even when the player does not attempt to revive him, eventually he'll get back up on his own. (Even if I am mistaken and that isn't the case, I still stick to my suggestion.)

Maybe that could be implemented into the behavior of companions? So kubrows and sentinels won't die. Sentinels would just be disabled for some time while still following you around, and kubrows would take a longer time to get up than if you were to revive them yourself. Admittedly, this won't change the fact that they keep dying, but then at least they will have a chance to pop a few of their abilities before eating it yet again.

Thoughts?

What about this two new survivability mods:

"Field repair: Sentinels will deactivate upon taking lethal damage and remain inactive on the ground for 6s until they die or are revived by a player"

Essentially a mod that adds Bleedout timer to sentinels.

"Survival instincts: Allow Kubrows to continue attacking when downed. If a Kubrow kills a unit while in this state they will get back up"

A mod that allow dogs to continue biting and mauling enemies while Bleeding out and revive themselves if they kill an enemy.

11 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

"Field repair: Sentinels will deactivate upon taking lethal damage and remain inactive on the ground for 6s until they die or are revived by a player"

Essentially a mod that adds Bleedout timer to sentinels.

as a passive sure...maybe then i would actually stick to sentinels.

Pets don't survive because we can't control them. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Warframe has the worst implementation of a pet companions in video game history. It's probably the only game where the pet cannot receive real-time commands, even the most basic ones like wait and follow. Fix this and I might start using them beyond mastery fodder and collection. Then we can see how long they survive in the hands of decent handler.

This also comes down to a control issue, though. Even if we could control them it would probably be an unintuitive, awkward setup because the game is now considered for gamepads. They can't fit that many commands for a pet on a gamepad. KB/M would have that no problem but DE have yet to even bind a walk button let alone a new string of commands for another input entity.

Edited by MrDaylight

when the sentinel die regen should make it come back with a cooldown time and prime regen should make that cooldown time shorter than normal regen at least that way it would be more usefull if the regen time at rank zero was 1 minute, and with max primed regen it could go to 30 seconds or less 

Edited by ninjadeboxers