Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Going Off By Themselves Killing Things Miles Away

SmallPaws

a) l that is true it might not work but u get that what im saying tho it seems. if we can make some kind of thing that requires all members to do it, like maby somthing like in darksiders 2 after u get he soul spliter ability you got tose puzzles that require both versions to cooperate to get past some complexed puzzle, maby somthing like that would be a good idea, tho anothing thing i thought of like in army of 2 how sometimes ull get into a situation where u got a ton of fire comming for everywhere and u realy cant move at all and you gota rely on ur allies to take out some of the fire, and it can be changed to where depending on the level of the person who is pined down in the "cage" the more enemys that come out to compinsate for his overpowering abilities making it so even lvl 30s on like a lvl 1-4 planet can get into a situation to where thay cant even just rush though that thay need to take a minute to fire and call for help to get them out of there. 

b) also since ur the only one who seems to be civilized and hasnt flat out called me a morron in responce to one of my posts i would like to ask you, i had a idea for a change to the elimination missions for many lvl 15 and up where instead of there being just a limit to the enemy there is also doors you have to find and hack shut or more enemys will keep comming out  in waves like maby 3 to 5 every 2 minutes or so idk what you think of that idea Aedwynn??

a) That can be solved for downscaling rushers to match content. For example if you enter lvl 4 mission with lvl 30 frame/weapon, it's scaled to lvl.4

b) Nice idea for new mission type. Extermination as they are are good place to go solo and test your skills/ setup vs adequate enemy lvl.

VOTE KICK IS OK but player that is being kicked should not get MISSION FAILED he should be like migration to solo and continue mission alone. if you add kick dont kick from the game just move player to a solo mission and not start over but Continue where you were kicked from last point.

VOTE KICK IS OK but player that is being kicked should not get MISSION FAILED he should be like migration to solo and continue mission alone. if you add kick dont kick from the game just move player to a solo mission and not start over but Continue where you were kicked from last point.

Vote kick can and will be abused. You wanna get Vote-kicked right be4 you ended mission with tons of mod/resource drops just for someones sick joy?

If player is moved to different game, it has different map. How can system evaluate where to put you to keep your progress?

Tldr - IF YOU DON'T WANT RUSHERS, PLAY INVITE ONLY OR SOLO.

That's backwards.

I'd be more logical for rushers to play solo. Unless of course they want to show off to others how fast they can do the mission...

• 2 weeks later...

That's backwards.

I'd be more logical for rushers to play solo. Unless of course they want to show off to others how fast they can do the mission...

Rushers for some reason don't use solo. I think its far more BACKWARDS, for someone to play in online and expect others to play the same way they do. 

I RARELY rush any mission, even when i set out to rush a mission, i usually end up slowing down and killing everything. 

That being said, I have ZERO issues with rushers, cause i dont let them join my game. < PROBLEM SOLVED. 

If you really dont want rushers, play invite only or solo, its very simple. And no one can say they won't be able to find a squad doing this, just post it region, its really not that hard. 

The original idea of this Thread, would punish far more people than Rushers. Me and my friend would have to Duo missions entirely differently, for no reason. 

Standing next to everyone in a small group is not teamwork. 1-2 people killing while other/s check crates for resources is far more team based imho. Sending one player ahead of bottleneck a group of enemies while you unlock a door, that is somehow not team play? and one of those two players would be punished for it? NO

Go break a different game

Edited by Ragewolf

I see this get brought up a lot about the affinity sharing, especially when talking about defense maps. I really just don't get what the issue is. If the issue is about the affinity sharing, then we have some kind of entitlement issue where people feel that every kill made on the map should benefit them in some way, which is just childish. Want some affinity? Keep up.

The only real issues in this argument are when a player is left behind at the end of the mission (timer counts down to end) or when a player goes ahead and leaves nothing for the rest of the team. The solution is not to penalize people for going ahead, but to reward them for staying together. Maybe loot drops more often when more players are present, maybe affinity is multiplied on shared kills, etc.

I've had it spit in my face before, so I'll spit it in yours :) "Don't nerf X to be as bad as Y, buff Y to be as good as X"

• 2 weeks later...

I see this get brought up a lot about the affinity sharing, especially when talking about defense maps. I really just don't get what the issue is. If the issue is about the affinity sharing, then we have some kind of entitlement issue where people feel that every kill made on the map should benefit them in some way, which is just childish. Want some affinity? Keep up.

The only real issues in this argument are when a player is left behind at the end of the mission (timer counts down to end) or when a player goes ahead and leaves nothing for the rest of the team. The solution is not to penalize people for going ahead, but to reward them for staying together. Maybe loot drops more often when more players are present, maybe affinity is multiplied on shared kills, etc.

I've had it spit in my face before, so I'll spit it in yours :) "Don't nerf X to be as bad as Y, buff Y to be as good as X"

^ this guy gets it. Punishing players won't end well, offering a reward is a safer and and more productive solution.

Garbage. someone delete this thread before the DEVS get the wrong idea.

Who are you to judge this a "garbage" ?

This is in the GAMPLAY FEEDBACK section and everyone has the right to voice their ideas/opinions. No?

To OP, i guess this post isnt going anywhere. 5 pages of replies ..cant seem to find a common agreement. Besides, this topic has been raised & discussed many many times before. For now, it's best to play under "solo" or "private" to avoid further agony.

While i feel your pain..i mean who hasnt gone through such situtaion right? but its kinda unfair to penalize someone due to their habit/behaviour. I dont think there will ever be a solution for this..because people will do it - if they can - regardless of whatever reward/penalty system you introduce.

I say leave affinity/xp gain alone.  Instead apply a small, but noticeable, multiplier to the quantity of material dropped.  So lets say base material quantity is 20.  If you're by yourself when you kill the enemy that dropped it, then mat is only worth 20 quantity.  If however, you have one or more team mates in range, you might get 30, 40 or 50 quantity.

this would be &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;.

say you run rhino or frost and you cant keep up with everyone then you lose exp with no real fault on your end. you are just playing a frame that you enjoy that just happens to be slower than everyone else.

and for the solo play. it would highly affect the amount of exp the person would get if one enemy ran to lock the doors and went just out of range.

agree with what Winterbraid said

Here's what I would change about the game to address this:

1) Since people who rush through seem to believe slower frames, or people who like to explore or kill everything are all n00bs - then give them a challenge. Make the game generate more pressure on a player based on his position and vicinity to other players. Factor in the players level also. Your level 60 rushing through Terminus, getting far in front other squad members - leaving them behind. You open a door and are faced with 50 level 65 - 100 enemies to deal with all by your little bad-&amp;#&#33; self... or you can wait for the others to get to you. Meanwhile the others are experiencing normal numbers at normal levels.

2) Require all team members to participate in puzzles, instead of one. The area locks down, you all have to do the cipher.

3) Require all players push buttons, like the locked doors and elevators - there are abuses there that will sop too - and it will inhibit unfair rushers and people who like to leave others behind,

4) Make the enemies grow more powerful after a someone dies, and even more powerful / numerous if someone dies and a player is creating distance away from them. Make them target the rusher and chase them down!

5) If a player has rushed ahead, and there is a lockdown, disable that player's ability to proceed until the other players release him. make lockdown an assembly point.

6) Make the extraction point a dangerous place to be alone, with the threat decreasing as more players are there. Any player sitting there alone while other players are a specified number of rooms away, or a specified distance will have to contend with higher level enemies in numerous masses - waves of enemies until the other players are in the same proximity. Just like an extraction point in a real war-zone - the extraction point should not be a place of rest, but a place of total chaos.

7) Add a new enemy to the game, a very difficult to kill creature who will hunt down the Strongest + Fastest players. A creature who cannot be escaped, even with Volt's speed ability. A creature who cannot be sneaked around, cannot be knocked down, stunned or otherwise slowed down. This creature won't appear unless a player gets far away from the group - and will totally occupy that person, giving the group a chance to catch up. You can even make this monster un-killable unless the group attacks it together.

8) Give special rewards for team actions, like reviving, saving, coordinated kills, etc. Nice rewards that you cannot get any other way.

This way a person can still go ahead and abandon the "n00bs" all he wants - but they must be ready to face the consequences. Even Ninjas work together (no, Ninjas did not work alone - they worked in sequence to a plan - and were very good at it).

- Automatically rank down people's modules and frames when they enter low level maps. They'll be much more cautious when their Serration drops down to rank 1 and their shields and health get cut down to 200.

gw2 does this .. and its a pain it always makes you feel like you made no progress from when you started this does not attract players especially in f2p or shooters it repels them (gw2 is retail not f2p you have to pay a one time fee) if this were ever done in warframe i would immediately leave and never recommend the game to another person or buy anything for the people i know playing this game most people dont play games for a constant never ending challenge from the main game thats the purpose of end game not the path that leads there if this were instead a nightmare mode suggestion then it wouldn't be such a bad idea