Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Paris Prime DPS

-NEP-hypernepmension

Question

Hey guys, I have a question about building my paris prime. I rerolled a Riven Mod and I got one that gives me +195 % Crit Chance, +51% Damage against Grineer and -27% Damage against Corpus (I believe^^^). This is pretty cool because it has now 200% Crit. Chance with Point Strike, so Red Crits all day long. :) However I was always using my Paris Prime with Corossive Damage but now that I have 200% Crit Chance I was wondering if I would do more damage with mods like Hammer Shot to increase the Crit. Damage than an additional elemental Damage. Of course it depends on things like which enemies I am facing, but I was just looking for an overall answer. I hope someone can help :)

11 answers to this question

Stick with corrosive (or rad), having 190% of an element with a 75% damage bonus and a marginally lower crit multiplier will still be exponentially stronger.

The exception usually being toxin damage vs the corpus, I guess you could switch out one element for hammershot there, but thematically, it being puncture AND having reduced faction damage to the corpus, I just wouldn't use it against the corpus at that point :P

Edited by rapt0rman

12 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Stick with corrosive (or rad), having 190% of an element with a 75% damage bonus and a marginally lower crit multiplier will still be exponentially stronger.

The exception usually being toxin damage vs the corpus, I guess you could switch out one element for hammershot there, but thematically, it being puncture AND having reduced faction damage to the corpus, I just wouldn't use it against the corpus at that point :P

Okay my build looks like this now:

a3d568-1484589794.jpg

5 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Hammer shot is pretty much always a loss in DPS unless you have unusually high stats on both status and crit and have a really high firerate (I don't know of such a weapon personally)

Yeah that is what I was thinking too as far as I remember, just thought it might be different with such a consistent red crit rate.

Edited by LightningAWG

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I always forget that not everyone has argon scope or bladed rounds. Unless you really, really want to keep it, replace heavy cal with with hammer shot or nearly anything, some people love it, but I personally can't stand heavy cal on bows, up to you though.

Haha yeah I also heard that alot but I really have no problem with the lower accuracy. Of course it makes sniping enemies more difficult (or you could also say more random lol). If I would replace it with Bladed Rounds, how much dps would I lose?

So I put your build into warframe-builder.com to test on paper dps and damage. If you replace point strike with any of the two fire rate mods, you will get a lot more damage on paper.

with point strike

- dps: 54k

- damage in 1 shot: 54k

with speed trigger (instead of point strike)

- dps: 84k

- damage in 1 shot: 38k

with vile acceleration

- dps: 103k

- damage in 1 shot: 37k

PS: if you replace heavy calliber with vile acceleration you will still have higher dps than before (88k)

Edited by gkuoni

10 minutes ago, LightningAWG said:

Haha yeah I also heard that alot but I really have no problem with the lower accuracy. Of course it makes sniping enemies more difficult (or you could also say more random lol). If I would replace it with Bladed Rounds, how much dps would I lose?

Getting consistent headshots by itself is already a massive boost, as said by others charge speed is also a really helpful option.

3 minutes ago, gkuoni said:

-snip-

Woah woah woah woah, no, don't replace point strike. increasing charge speed is great and all, but if he's going to be dropping anything else, heavy cal really is the weakest link.

Edited by rapt0rman

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Woah woah woah woah, no, don't replace point strike. increasing charge speed is great ant all, but if he's going to be dropping anything else, heavy cal really is the weakest link.

I just tested the on paper dps and replacing point strike gave the most dps boost. However if he wants to keep it in instead of heavy cal it also works. That is why I also added the edit at the end.

4 minutes ago, gkuoni said:

I just tested the on paper dps and replacing point strike gave the most dps boost. However if he wants to keep it in instead of heavy cal it also works. That is why I also added the edit at the end.

That's the thing about paper dps though, between accuracy loss from heavy cal, inconsistent crit chance from not having that perfect %200, and that ever present annoying 10% chance to not trigger split chamber, there's too many variables.

In the end, it performed just fine before acolyte mods, rivens, ect. were even a thing and it'll wreck face either way, but it would drive me bonkers personally.