Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why This Kind Of Event?

KamaNightfire

Hello.

Yesterday I created a thread say how much I disliked the way this event was being put forth, that it was far too dependent on EVERYONE pinching in to get anything of value from it. I didn't enjoy the fact that only 100 of the top " farmers " in solo games would get an early access * hopefully in the loot-table later* to a mod, not because they have a chance at having the mod, but that it wasn't a 100% promise to them, if the community itself didn't help reach our deadline, those long hours they worked hard to get in those tops ranks, would be for nothing.

A lot less people are farming for these now, since the hype of the event has died down. At first everything seemed to be going fine, a lot of people were rushing to get as many kills as possible, but as expected the bar began to fill up slower and slower, only the hardcore player staying up overnight to continue. This afternoon I'v noticed the bar hasn't jumped much, and I doubt we will reach the quota.

This is from either A) everyone got their 20+ kills , B) They realize just how much time they were spending alone in an event that required either clans or a HUGE investment of time to get a majority of the rewards, and stopped caring, or C) they didn't find the rewards worth investing time into the event for, therefore screwing EVERYONE else over from their own rewards.

I think a much better " secondary " reward should have been put forward if we DID achieve the quota as a group, and that everyone whom participated in the event would get it by reaching a somewhat low number of kills, say 100 * plus of course those whom got 20+ kills would receive their Snipetron* The problem with making it a " give all or get nothing " event is that now it depends on everyone else whom doesn't care for the event to contribute regardless. If some of the players didn't care for the rewards, they wouldn't help, and would end up punishing the ones that did care, and especially those whom spend the last few days farming night and day, only to get nothing.

This should have been a fun event for everyone, it may not be about the items for some, but when we don't reach that quota by the end of it and we fail, it's a failure on the entire community, not on just the ones that contributed.

Exactly me Ive got somewhere near 300, and its incredibly boring doing this, and i would be incredibly disappointed if all of it was for not. Other then i finally got my split chamber drop during all of this, still though....

Well, there is hope. The bar went up by 30% in around 12 hours plus. And in the few hours I was on last night it went up 2%.

How is that hope? Beating the event would just prove that people play the game no matter how boring and stupid the event is.

The event is fine how it is.

The only PROBLEMS i found are 2. Which make the event going to fail.

1st - They only appear on Grineer levels (weird isn't it? if they are spying drone, why spy on their own base?)

2nd - They only appear on asteroid missions. I've done over 100 missions "testing" this, and all missions where i'm inside a ship or a galleon, either i am unlucky and didn't find any, or they're not there at all, therefore, Drones are in a very LIMITED number of missions.

For this event to actually have success, they had to implement them in ALL factions, could maintain the level restriction, but at least add them to corpus, not going to ask for infested, although, they could spy on their behavior or something.

About losing "time" in the event, not a solid argument. No one makes you play countless hours for that. You're there on your free will, the fact that you like it or not, does not change a bit.

Hello.

Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine. I'm lazy I'm lazy I'm lazy I'm lazy. Bullcrap Bullcrap.

Where does the " I'm Lazy " part come in? I already got my 20+ kills, I have a clan but i'm the 4% that's alone, and I'm not going to spend 20+ hours of time working to get 1 mod I'll more then likely get later. I talked about the community as a whole, not myself in this event.

The biggest problem with this event is not the grindy nature of it, but rather that it decentivizes group play:

The goal of a Coop-Game is to foster group play.

This event however does the exact opposite:

1.1) Kill stealing isn't fun, therefore if you want to get your 20 kills done in a short time frame (lets say you have some Real-Life events to attent to) you have to do so in Solo Missions.

1.2) When playing with others skills can sometimes trigger the drones and you can't do anything about it (looking at you Level 9 Ember with 24/7 WoF)

2) The best way to push the bar to 100% is if everyone over the course of the weekend would Solo Grineer Missions, better yet, everyone go solo Kela! She is the easiest to kill and sometimes you exit a mission with 18+ Drone kills

This event could have been fun, but if you ask people to split up into solo missions for optimal play you have shot yourself in the foot... in both feet really... maybe the arms, too!

It went well with the Fusion Moa event. It's a great way to introduce a new enemy into the game, however, the execution was, indeed, poor this time. This comes down to the type of the enemy.

• The drone is too vulnerable to get away by someone else's mistake.
  • You need a specific weapon to participate (though there are many that qualify)
  • The spawns are quite spread out. It promotes exploring, but it's still faster to jump into a new mission with new drones.
  • There are no stretch goals for a more casual type of player. No casual player will get into the top 100, 20 kills is enough for them. No point in going on further, especially since running through the same mission over and over gets really boring, really quickly.
  • The cloaking after damage promotes solo play in a co-op game (as mentioned many times).

SImply put, these foes are quite useless. When i first encountered fusion MOAs i was like "wow wtf oh waw keeewl!!!" and even today when i see one i know he can be  a potential threat. MOAs were fun to hunt cos they were stronger and different then most other units. Now this time, my reaction was like "no, wait, really ?? that's it ? waw ..." There's no incentive to find more of these things 'cos they pose no challenge whatsoever. They just float there and do nothing. They're extremely easy to find and kill, so not much of a spy drone really. More of a softened version of a disruptor but w/o any real threat as they don't take away your energy ...  All they do is scramble your mini-map "ooh nooo, run for coveerr !!!!" xD Anyhow, i i'm always glad to see more content, not sure this was worth an event but hey, i'd still rather have a cheesy event then no event, i guess :D

• There are no stretch goals for a more casual type of player. No casual player will get into the top 100, 20 kills is enough for them. No point in going on further, especially since running through the same mission over and over gets really boring, really quickly.

^^ This. So much.

And of course only one player gets the kill count = go play solo.