Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting back to Warframe

ru_raaaaa

Question

I played Warframe on PC quite a lot about a year ago, but then it just got boring for me and quit playing. Now I got the feeling that I should start playing Warframe again and if someone could help me with the new stuff that'd be nice. When I quit, I was around 8-9 Mastery rank, I had some prime stuff and I have completed The Second Dream quest. I have been following the Warframe updates a bit, but not a lot so I do not know ALL the new stuff. How does the new Void system work? Any new quests that I should do? Those are some of the questions I can think of now, so if someone could tell me a bit more that'd be nice. Thanks

6 answers to this question

The void system is deceptively simple. Items come from relics, each relic has a pool of items with their own drop rates.

You find a mission with a void fissure (in a list on the nav map, conveniently), choose which relic to take, then in the mission you kill stuff, pick up 10 big gold orbs, and you're done. Your reward is chosen from the pool of the relic you selected. You can change the chances of rarer items dropping by upgrading the relic using void traces, which you gain from doing fissure missions.

If it's confusing, just try it; pick the mission, pick a relic, do the mission. They function similarly to keys, and acquisition is roughly the same.

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The void system is deceptively simple. Items come from relics, each relic has a pool of items with their own drop rates.

You find a mission with a void fissure (in a list on the nav map, conveniently), choose which relic to take, then in the mission you kill stuff, pick up 10 big gold orbs, and you're done. Your reward is chosen from the pool of the relic you selected. You can change the chances of rarer items dropping by upgrading the relic using void traces, which you gain from doing fissure missions.

If it's confusing, just try it; pick the mission, pick a relic, do the mission. They function similarly to keys, and acquisition is roughly the same.

How do I get my first relic? I looked at the wiki and said the same thing you did: "choose which relic to take". How do I get the first relics?

5 minutes ago, Notso said:

How do I get my first relic? I looked at the wiki and said the same thing you did: "choose which relic to take". How do I get the first relics?

You get them from a mission, like keys. The wiki page lists where. If you had keys before the new system was added, they were converted into relics.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

You get them from a mission, like keys. The wiki page lists where. If you had keys before the new system was added, they were converted into relics.

Ah! I see. I totally missed that bit of the page because the table started collapsed... [':

5 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Rydian made an amazing thread keeping players up to date with the huge/little changes of the game I'd recommend checking it out.

edit- if there's something you still have questions about that isn't answered in the thread I'd be happy to help you out.

First off, thanks for the quick response and that thread should at least help me get started again. I'll ask more questions if I need to