Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Introductions

Wuzzems

I remember when I first started playing Warframe that when I went to fight a boss, I usually had no idea who this person was. I usually thought that I missed some mission that should have explained more. Vor was ok since we knew him from the start and everything built up so that we could go and fight him.

The lotus gives a small summary as soon as you start the missions of the bosses but there's no build-up to that boss as was done with Vor. The same for the different factions. We would start a new mission and then we would see that we're fighting completely new enemies with no clue as to who they are.

I would like to suggest that we get introductions to the different bosses as well as factions at the start of the planet as soon as we complete the junction

For instance when we unlock Jupiter we could get a cinematic kind of introduction to Alad V, who he is, what he has done and why he needs to die. This can all be voiced by the Lotus. It doesn't need to be fully animated scenes of them (although that would be nice). But even still shots could work, like the way Archeage explains its story.

9 minutes ago, Wuzzems said:

I would like to suggest that we get introductions to the different bosses as well as factions at the start of the planet as soon as we complete the junction

Infested already have a junction-unlocked quest (Once Awake) to introduce them, but otherwise I agree, there could really be a better introduction and build-up of bosses as you go along and unlock the nodes of a planet.

Got an idea: Re-vamp all the bosses into quest-like buildups within the planet they are on. Also use this to give the warframe parts as a reward for the quest, with the boss being left as is and still accessible for players after the quest is completed, for farming.