Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Feedback

Cray

DE,

I have a few thoughts on this event that I'd like to share with you.

This setup is a mistake. It places way too much emphasis on collaborative effort for too little gain. It amounts to "If we all work overtime, this small group over here will get an awesome reward, while the rest of us get what feels like a simple pat on the back." I have some suggestions that might help eliminate this problem for future events like this:

1. Guaranteed rewards.

If you have unlocked a reward, you should get it, even if the event was an overall failure.

2. Don't give exclusives as a reward to the 'winners' when success depends on everyone.

I must confess, I'm unable to find words to describe my feelings on this one. I will say though, I won't be surprised if 90% of the playerbase winds up resentful of both the winners and yourselves.

Try platinum instead. It's a more appropriate reward for a competition. Alternatively, try something along the lines of the clan rewards, only on a personal level. (Because the top-clan rewards are actually a good idea.)

3. Multiple rewards.

This one's pretty self explanatory. As you do more work, you unlock more and better rewards.

4. Collaborative efforts should be more rewarding, and for everyone.

Take the new module that will be given to the competition winners. This would be an appropriate reward for collaborative effort.

This is all I have at the moment. I might write up some more later. Also, word of advice: Damage control. Given what I've seen in-game and here on the forums, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure that whatever happens, that progress bar is guaranteed to hit 100% before time is up.

I agree wholeheartedly with #3. Tiered rewards would give more incentive for people to work towards the total goal, rather than the masses quitting after getting their 20 kills, which is by far the largest issue.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

I started pretty much the exact same topic and took a lot of verbal abuse from morons for it. Fair warning. But I completely agree. It was pointed out to me that the mod will most likely not be entirely exclusive and will be added as a standard rare farmable mod in the future. If this is true then my problem with the reward system is null and void. The way this event is set up, however, pits Tenno against each other rather then bringing them together towards a common goal. 

I seem to recall a great many Grade School Fundraisers being served quite well by the Tiered Rewards tactic.

DE attempted something along those lines with this event, but they have to deal with the problem of a global community. Things that work well for some are anathema to others, and they're left with the unenviable job of trying to kludge something together that nobody will hate too much.

When the best case scenario is "minimize the impulsive ragequits and founder's remorse," I understand their decisions a little better, even if I think they smell.

Do I feel like DE is marginalizing the wants/needs of a working adult Western audience? Maybe a little. They're juggling a lot of stuff here, and I don't stand in a very good position to know their reasoning for decisions like this wacky target practice event.

5. Events should not mimic normal gameplay if it can be helped.

Special events are, well... special. They should stand apart from the rest of your time in the game. A good chunk of the game involves The Great Grind, so making an event that requires grinding diminishes its significance and value.

So what the top 100 get reward....-..- and??

The bigger prob for me is,that this event is boring as hell!!The last eventmob atleast fight back,but this time is just nothing

And all for a Weapon that was part of the game already..blablabla prime or not this is lame!

I really hope the next event is a little more than just kill xy over  an dover again...........De a killing event,is that all u  can do?

I BELIVE NOT