Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build feedback

Seir

Question

14 answers to this question

2: galatine what play style you going for?

normally I dont really need maiming on it if its straight melee, bloodrush and body count or drifitng contact amp it up fine 

prime pressure would help buff it

with my G prime i have 

slash + corrosive and everything is a made of paper then ... for me but like i said whats your play style for slide melee

having just bloodrush+drifting+maim = HUGE red crits on slide

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

2: galatine what play style you going for?

normally I dont really need maiming on it if its straight melee, bloodrush and body count or drifitng contact amp it up fine 

prime pressure would help buff it

with my G prime i have 

slash + corrosive and everything is a made of paper then ... for me but like i said whats your play style for slide melee

having just bloodrush+drifting+maim = HUGE red crits on slide

I don't particularly have a specified play style with the Galatine prime, I normally just slash groups of enemies and being a Valkyr main I can Warcry and demolish everything in my proximity. But that's about it. I am currently leveling up Primed Pressure point and Bloodrush to try different builds, but it takes a while. 

Just now, samuel3417 said:

I don't particularly have a specified play style with the Galatine prime, I normally just slash groups of enemies and being a Valkyr main I can Warcry and demolish everything in my proximity. But that's about it. I am currently leveling up Primed Pressure point and Bloodrush to try different builds, but it takes a while. 

ok so your a valkyr on this weapon, id still suggest a status element as she can proc it, but look into primed reach 

-normally i use sancti magister on my valkyr-

but basis for her is she can do finishers and maim dosnt effect her at all if memory serves 

my build usually is something like

-Primed Reach | Primed Pressure | Primed Fury or Berserker | Voltaic strike | Fever Strike | drifting contact -

leaves you two slots to work with , but on valkyr on higher lvl utilize her charge claw in hysteria to do finishers 

ok so your a valkyr on this weapon, id still suggest a status element as she can proc it, but look into primed reach 

-normally i use sancti magister on my valkyr-

but basis for her is she can do finishers and maim dosnt effect her at all if memory serves 

my build usually is something like

-Primed Reach | Primed Pressure | Primed Fury or Berserker | Voltaic strike | Fever Strike | drifting contact -

leaves you two slots to work with , but on valkyr on higher lvl utilize her charge claw in hysteria to do finishers 

I switched Rending strike and Jagged edge for Fever Strike and Shocking Touch. And Maiming works on Valkyr if I understand correctly, as her ult scales depending on her weapon. I do have Primed Reach and Pressure, but not Primed Fury. So I can't really use those because they are not maxed out and I want to have more damage than reach. 

Soma Prime

No issues here.

Galatine Prime

I'm going to assume the reason you're not using Body Count and Blood Rush is because you don't have them.

If you don't have Body Count, farm for Drifting Contact, which does mostly the same thing. Replace Rending Strike.

If you have Blood Rush, replace True Steel.

Replace Jagged Edge with Organ Shatter.

Adding more Slash mods gives you diminishing returns, not just because the numbers on the mods get progressively lower but also because these mods are additive to each other instead of multiplicative. You can hit harder by focusing on another aspect, such as critical damage (Organ Shatter), melee combo (Body Count and Drifting Contact), or elemental damage, all three of which have multiplicative effects relative to other equipped mods.

Tigris Prime

Your Tigris Prime build misses the entire point of the weapon. If you aren't using a 100% status chance build on it, there's no reason in using it over the Sancti Tigris.

The standard build for the Tigris Prime is:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods
  • One of:
    • Fanged Fusillade or Chilling Reload if using Viral-Radiation
    • Charged Shell or Contagious Spread if using Corrosive-Blast
    • Blaze or Chilling Reload if using Magnetic-Gas

Akstiletto Prime

Replace one of the elemental mods with (Primed) Target Cracker. Work on getting the Primed versions of Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker if you want to push this weapon even further.

I prefer to use Seeker over an elemental mod in the last slot to mow down groups, but that's just my own personal preference.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

He says he prefers to use Warcry. Maiming Strike doesn't affect Hysteria, but that point doesn't really matter if he's not using Hysteria a lot.

2 minutes ago, samuel3417 said:

I switched Rending strike and Jagged edge for Fever Strike and Shocking Touch. And Maiming works on Valkyr if I understand correctly, as her ult scales depending on her weapon. I do have Primed Reach and Pressure, but not Primed Fury. So I can't really use those because they are not maxed out and I want to have more damage than reach. 

range => headshots = [+ damage  ] 

maiming dosnt work as its not triggered in hysteria , drifting contact can work though [though its a bug ..] 

3 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

He says he prefers to use Warcry. Maiming Strike doesn't affect Hysteria, but that point doesn't really matter if he's not using Hysteria a lot.

yeah but slide spam with valkyr isnt as fast as rapid swings at that point with warcry  up , hits per second is key 

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Soma Prime

No issues here.

Galatine Prime

I'm going to assume the reason you're not using Body Count and Blood Rush is because you don't have them.

If you don't have Body Count, farm for Drifting Contact, which does mostly the same thing. Replace Rending Strike.

If you have Blood Rush, replace True Steel.

Replace Jagged Edge with Organ Shatter.

Adding more Slash mods gives you diminishing returns, not just because the numbers on the mods get progressively lower but also because these mods are additive to each other instead of multiplicative. You can hit harder by focusing on another aspect, such as critical damage (Organ Shatter), melee combo (Body Count and Drifting Contact), or elemental damage, all three of which have multiplicative effects relative to other equipped mods.

Tigris Prime

Your Tigris Prime build misses the entire point of the weapon. If you aren't using a 100% status chance build on it, there's no reason in using it over the Sancti Tigris.

The standard build for the Tigris Prime is:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods
  • One of:
    • Fanged Fusillade or Chilling Reload if using Viral-Radiation
    • Charged Shell or Contagious Spread if using Corrosive-Blast
    • Blaze or Chilling Reload if using Magnetic-Gas

Akstiletto Prime

Replace one of the elemental mods with (Primed) Target Cracker. Work on getting the Primed versions of Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker if you want to push this weapon even further.

I prefer to use Seeker over an elemental mod in the last slot to mow down groups, but that's just my own personal preference.

The Galatine build I changed it to a more elemental approach (corrosive) and as for Bloodrush I do have that one but I am not a melee player, I am a primary weapon user, so I don't really go for combos. Unless I am using Valkyr, in which case I do go for combos but I don't do it often. I use my melee for getting enemies off of me. 

As for the Tigris, I have very few Shotgun mods, so I am missing a lot of the dual elemental mods, which is why I am not using them. 

As for the Akskilleto, I will try and get Primed Target Cracker. Thanks. 

maiming dosnt work as its not triggered in hysteria , drifting contact can work though [though its a bug ..] 

yeah but slide spam with valkyr isnt as fast as rapid swings at that point with warcry  up , hits per second is key 

I will try using Primed Reach and see if I like it. Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Actually, the more important part is that increased range allows you to hit more enemies with each swing.

It's the same argument as with punch through on ranged weapons. If you hit two enemies with one swing, that's effectively double your damage, but you're obviously not guaranteed to always be hitting two enemies with each swing.

In the end, it comes down to play style.

43 minutes ago, samuel3417 said:

I want to see where I can improve my builds for these weapons

2. Galatine Prime

http://imgur.com/3leqFvo

3. Tigris Prime

http://imgur.com/lNDnhTh

4. Akskilleto Prime

http://imgur.com/g8XsO3X

You can start by changing Galatine to Blood Rush because Maiming Strike doesn't scale even remotely as well as Blood Rush does.

Spoiler

KIUxmmU.jpg

You only need 1 forma in this build so ignore how many I do have in it. Refer to the link below for my build on Warframe-builder.com. Set Berserker to 3x and set combo counter to 3x as well for most average you will be getting out of it.

https://goo.gl/se1Icq

Fury is fine of course, just use that since most players do not actually own Primed Fury

Ok now for your Tigris build. You can keep using that if you like it, personally that's fine for infested but, nothing more. Check the spoiler below for what else I recommend.

Spoiler

mi8oddY.jpg

https://goo.gl/gzBJeV

Ignore how many forma I have in my Tigris Prime, I too use a different build for normal play and different for high level Grineer and Corpus.

You have to use have 100% status chance on this build or it won't work because status chance on a shotgun is much different in how it works vs rifle. If you have anything less than 100% without hell's chamber you will get a status chance on 1 pellet only. With 100% status every single pellet will hit with status chance. So you'll get slash to bleed enemies out, and viral to 1/2 their health and radiation to confuse them and enemies shoot them. This is for Grineer.

Akstiletto Prime does best as a critical+status weapon, you'll output more damage that way than any other build you can use. Stats on paper won't be the same as actual usage with these mods.

Spoiler

N7vPbsa.jpg

Please note: If you do not own all of these mods, try to gather all of them, or substitute the ones you can, but for best results, you should get them. It's just something to work towards for your builds. You'll enjoy them when you get there.

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, Alcatraz said:

You can start by changing Galatine to Blood Rush because Maiming Strike doesn't scale even remotely as well as Blood Rush does.

Reveal hidden contents

KIUxmmU.jpg

You only need 1 forma in this build so ignore how many I do have in it. Refer to the link below for my build on Warframe-builder.com. Set Berserker to 3x and set combo counter to 3x as well for most average you will be getting out of it.

try maim + blood rush + adrift or body the 150k hits are ridiculous , ive gone up to 350k fast  

AAAH people post too fast.

5 minutes ago, samuel3417 said:

As for the Tigris, I have very few Shotgun mods, so I am missing a lot of the dual elemental mods, which is why I am not using them. 

If you have the Sancti Tigris, use it instead of the Tigris Prime in the meantime while you're working on getting the status-elemental shotgun mods. With the build you're currently using, you'll get better mileage on the Sancti Tigris due to having comparable damage output with a noticeably faster reload.

2 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Reveal hidden contents

KIUxmmU.jpg

Fury is fine of course, just use that since most players do not actually own Primed Fury

Ok now for your Tigris build. You can keep using that if you like it, personally that's fine for infested but, nothing more. Check the spoiler below for what else I recommend.

Reveal hidden contents

mi8oddY.jpg

https://goo.gl/gzBJeV

Ignore how many forma I have in my Tigris Prime, I too use a different build for normal play and different for high level Grineer and Corpus.

You have to use have 100% status chance on this build or it won't work because status chance on a shotgun is much different in how it works vs rifle. If you have anything less than 100% without hell's chamber you will get a status chance on 1 pellet only. With 100% status every single pellet will hit with status chance. So you'll get slash to bleed enemies out, and viral to 1/2 their health and radiation to confuse them and enemies shoot them. This is for Grineer.

Akstiletto Prime does best as a critical+status weapon, you'll output more damage that way than any other build you can use. Stats on paper won't be the same as actual usage with these mods.

Reveal hidden contents

N7vPbsa.jpg

Please note: If you do not own all of these mods, try to gather all of them, or substitute the ones you can, but for best results, you should get them. It's just something to work towards for your builds. You'll enjoy them when you get there.

The only mod I am missing is the "Shell Shock" without it I can only reach 98.2% status. Will see where I can find it.