Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Archwing Suggestion Thread

AshenHaze

So I had an idea for Archwing based missions and concepts (besides remove it from the game) in order to promote the idea and make it a more interesting side-mission concept.

You know how Uranus is pretty nice with submersibles and the like? Well why not have a planet like Jupiter (that's basically 80% gas) to have platforms and stations that lead to one another where we gotta hop up and enter a secondary, transitory state from station to station? Honestly, it would be more of War Within "enter space station on archwing, disembark and do mission." sort of vibe.

Also would it be too much a trial to add more relics to Archwing defense/intercept/mobile def missions?

Plus I would think it would be pretty fun to have a land-based randomized tileset where players are darting on these personal-sized aircraft to chase after a capture target. Zooming between trees like those speeder scenes from Star Wars.

14 minutes ago, AshenHaze said:

Well why not have a planet like Jupiter (that's basically 80% gas) to have platforms and stations that lead to one another where we gotta hop up and enter a secondary, transitory state from station to station?

That would be a really nice thing to have, yes. Another thing I'd like to see: An area in the inner asteroid belt that works similarly to the void with 2-3 threads of missions with different enemy level, so we could have more "pure" archwing missions in general.

Just now, czcbibliothekar said:

That would be a really nice thing to have, yes. Another thing I'd like to see: An area in the inner asteroid belt that works similarly to the void with 2-3 threads of missions with different enemy level, so we could have more "pure" archwing missions in general.

asteroid_belt.gif

My reading comprehension derp'd your post and made me think "Asteroid Belt" as an unlockable 'planet' where it would be Corpus mining ship tileset, Grineer asteroid tileset, and open space between it all to hop from place to place on archwings. "Crossfire" based missions and "Sabotage" based missions with intent on disrupting logistics (of obtaining raw resources).

Adding the asteroid belt with Archwing mission nodes going all around the solar system would be a cool addition and visual in the navigation. But Jupiter makes a lot of sense as well.
I just hope they clean up the controls. Though I've gotten a bit more used to the new way archwings handle, I still think the old controls were more intuitive, fluid and less disorientating.
Also, pimping again like a horrible person my fantasy of an archwing invasion mission type that would feel a bit like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 space battles felt like: