Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Build - Guns

(XBOX)BLU3 PENGUiN

Question

10 answers to this question

7 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

For your secondary:

- Staples: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Difusion, elem 1, elem 2, Crit chance, crit damage

The mods above are absolutely mandatory IMO.

In the last slot I use Primed Heated Charge for the damage increase but it is up to preference.

Cheers for replying, what about weapon wise?

I'll go for a crit chance/damage build i can imagine!

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)BLU3 PENGUiN said:

Crit damage/chance is usually a good way to go although what you pick for your secondary weapon and its build might be based on what you want to do with Mesa.  If you want to go with a Peacemaker build keep in mind that Peacemaker scales off of secondary weapon mods.  For those that do it's common to add mods to their secondary for the benefit of Peacemaker rather then modding for the benefit of using their weapon.  Since Peacemaker is not affected by some secondary mods this might be worth looking into for you.  The last time I read up on it you could easily find builds for Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok/Peacemaker online.  I believe the buff from Dual Toxocyst still effects Peacemaker which might be worth looking into if you're good with getting headshots before you use Peacemaker.  These weapon choices and mods may not be available to you depending on your MR/access to resources and plat, etc.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)BLU3 PENGUiN said:

what about weapon wise?

Hello Tenno,

The build is good so I'll just talk about this^

Mesa's secondary, much like everything else in Warframe, is mostly personal preference.

2 of the main contenders are also 2 of what also tend to make up the Top 5 Secondaries; Lex Prime and Akstiletto Prime.

In part because both are really good weapons (thus being in the Top 5) and also in part because- 

Lex Prime - it's base stats are pretty close to those of Mesa's Peacemakers so the best mods for it are also the best mods for them. 

Akstiletto Prime - really good stats so the mods match up well there again, and my own personal preference due to "functionality". Being dual wielded full-auto pistols I find transitioning back and forth between them to be very smooth. 

Other good options are-

Vaykor Marelok - sometimes called a "budget Lex Prime" but that Syndicate Proc helps boost up the difference in stats to keep them on par.

Dual Toxocyst - this one is, imo, very personal preference. It's mechanically strong in that when you get the headshot proc with it that proc carries over to the Peacemakers. Personally, I prefer the more steady and reliable weapons mentioned above.  To each their own.

Other than that it really would just depend on how much you plan to use the Secondary vs just being a "stat stick" for your Peacemakers. Because if you're not going to actually use the weapon it doesn't matter if mod-ing for Peacemakers is actually good on the weapon. 

Aksomati are good with those mods, I don't care for the bullet spread though.

Twin Grakata are good but are ammo hogs with a long reload animation. 

Staticor could use those mods although it really benefits being used for Status.

Sonicor is always hugely popular and Fun.

Rakta Ballistica works with those mods and again has a nice Syndicate Proc, it just depends on how you feel about the shooting animation. 

OK so that's probably plenty to consider there.

Cheers and Happy Hunting.
~R~

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)BLU3 PENGUiN said:

Wondering whats everyones build is for mesa in terms of guns and mods

Gonna be rocking a karak and aklex for a while but I want to work towards new weapons

So whats your build?

(also feel free to message me on xbox one for a few survival/defend games [ BLU3 PENGUiN ] - age 20 - uk based )

Friend has a mesa and he and I both will be running

Sancti Tigris and Akstiletto Prime

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)BLU3 PENGUiN said:

4 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Hello Tenno,

The build is good so I'll just talk about this^

Mesa's secondary, much like everything else in Warframe, is mostly personal preference.

2 of the main contenders are also 2 of what also tend to make up the Top 5 Secondaries; Lex Prime and Akstiletto Prime.

In part because both are really good weapons (thus being in the Top 5) and also in part because- 

Lex Prime - it's base stats are pretty close to those of Mesa's Peacemakers so the best mods for it are also the best mods for them. 

Akstiletto Prime - really good stats so the mods match up well there again, and my own personal preference due to "functionality". Being dual wielded full-auto pistols I find transitioning back and forth between them to be very smooth. 

Other good options are-

Vaykor Marelok - sometimes called a "budget Lex Prime" but that Syndicate Proc helps boost up the difference in stats to keep them on par.

Dual Toxocyst - this one is, imo, very personal preference. It's mechanically strong in that when you get the headshot proc with it that proc carries over to the Peacemakers. Personally, I prefer the more steady and reliable weapons mentioned above.  To each their own.

Other than that it really would just depend on how much you plan to use the Secondary vs just being a "stat stick" for your Peacemakers. Because if you're not going to actually use the weapon it doesn't matter if mod-ing for Peacemakers is actually good on the weapon. 

Aksomati are good with those mods, I don't care for the bullet spread though.

Twin Grakata are good but are ammo hogs with a long reload animation. 

Staticor could use those mods although it really benefits being used for Status.

Sonicor is always hugely popular and Fun.

Rakta Ballistica works with those mods and again has a nice Syndicate Proc, it just depends on how you feel about the shooting animation. 

OK so that's probably plenty to consider there.

Cheers and Happy Hunting.
~R~

Thats a good list OP. Anything you would build for crits make sense.

Sancti and akstilettos are a little out of reach as a new player, I'd recommend a shotgun, preferably a Tigris, and a two handed pistol that you are willing to forma, Dex furis is alright, and for elements, I suggest corrosive for fast shooting regulators to shred all armor enemies will have.

2 hours ago, Cyanonic-Sniper said:

Sancti and akstilettos are a little out of reach as a new player, I'd recommend a shotgun, preferably a Tigris, and a two handed pistol that you are willing to forma, Dex furis is alright, and for elements, I suggest corrosive for fast shooting regulators to shred all armor enemies will have.

Sure Dex Furis would work just fine, if/when they give them out again in late March...