Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Hate Worth It?

TrueSone

Question

I got the hate blueprint yesterday from the stalker, do you guys do think it is worth building? if so, can you give me some mod suggestions for it?

P.S: I got the Orthos and didn't like it, do you think Hate would be a good replacement?

14 answers to this question

That really depends on your playstyle. Are you looking to get up close and personal with the enemy?

Hate has a really short attack range, but it does huge damage.

It also lets you charge attack downed enemies.

Any standard mods for a heavy weapon would be fine, but you will be interrupted by enemies a lot, because unlike the other heavy weapons, its attacks have no momentum.

I personally regret potatoing Hate when I could have saved it for my dual zoren, which I use against Infested a lot because it strikes so fast the chargers can't interrupt me.

Edited by Destro6677

Destro gave the best answer, IMO.

I have mine potatoed, and at rank 27. It's got a good slam AOE range, and the knockdown can be further exploited with a well-positioned charge attack.

I love the normal attack, but I'm so used to Gram's length that adapting to a really short swing radius was rather difficult. But in a mass of Infesteds, normal attacks with maxed Fury would work just fine.

Well, I did forget to mention that it has insanely fast normal and charge attacks when modded, which makes it great for tearing through infested mobs. The only thing is, you'll need to watch out for the stagger that happens when they hit you.

Other than that, Hate is great vs both grineer and corpus.

I've been using both Hate and Gram with the exact same set of mods. Hate is superior in every way to Gram with the same set of mods, except for the very short attack range and the fact that the mobs stagger you more easily with Hate.

As for waiting for Reaper Prime to get buffed, its really up to you. It's your time and money. They don't even use the same resources.

People say that the Hate is a Scindo. Faster, but shorter.

The Hate is worth it, but I prefer Gram for the range. I believe the knockback of the jump attack is bigger with the Gram.

Knockdown > Damage since your damage comes from a gun anyways. That is why Orthos sucks.

But yes, the Hate is viable but seems to have lower DPS than a few other weapons.

I got the hate blueprint yesterday from the stalker, do you guys do think it is worth building? if so, can you give me some mod suggestions for it?

P.S: I got the Orthos and didn't like it, do you think Hate would be a good replacement?

It depends on your game-style, I just go Scino all the way. Most people like Stalker weapons for the Style, not the actual stats...