The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restless Shadows Quest (Acolytes, Erebos, The Stalker and more!)

Almighty_Jado

:stalker:Restless Shadows:stalker:

-Requirements: Once Awake, The Archwing

In addition, this quest becomes a requirement for The Second Dream, as it introduces the Stalker in a more fleshed out way in order for players to have a better idea of who he is before starting TSD. It also hosts the return of the Acolytes.

This quest is obtained after a player encounters the Stalker for the first time.

Quest Begin Dialogue:

Lotus: "Tenno, are you alright? I can't believe what just happened."

"You were just attacked by the Stalker, a revenge bound warrior who fights to settle ancient grudge."

"His sole purpose is to oppose the Tenno way... he will mark you for death every time you take a step on your path. Perhaps it's time to repay him for the lives he has taken."

Mission 1: Draw out the Stalker (Apollodorus Survival)
Opening Dialogue:
Lotus: "We need to draw out the Stalker in order for me to get a lock on his signature. Continue to fight here at this location until we can get his attention."

A Grineer Survival mission then ensues. After surviving for 10 minutes, a yellow waypoint directs the player where to proceed.
Lotus: "I've triangulated the Stalker's energy sequence.... he's about to strike."
"Prepare for combat."

After reaching the yellow waypoint, the Stalker appears as he normally does in missions. Typical Stalker dialogue and combat follows.

Stalker: "Your sentence is death!"

After defeating him, he drops the Shadow Coordinates.
Lotus: "Well done Tenno. Return to your ship and I will process this information. It may give a key as to where the Stalker can be found."

The player must then extract.
When back in your ship, the Lotus gives you more details.
Lotus: "Tenno, these coordinates are heavily encrypted. I will need access to deep space scanners to try and pin point its exact location."
"The Corpus have a powerful satellite array we can use, but we will need the access codes. Infiltrate Corpus Data Vaults to secure the codes."

Mission 2: Obtain Corpus Scanner Codes (Shklovsky Spy)

Opening Dialogue:
Lotus: "This ship's Data Vaults contain the codes. Get in and find them."

A Corpus Spy mission is then engaged, with a minimum data extraction of 1. Once you've successfully hacked your first vault, the Lotus reveals she has the coordinates.
Lotus: "We've got the codes. Complete your mission and we can begin to search for The Stalker."

The player must then finish the rest of the mission and extract. Upon returning to your ship, the Lotus explains the next objective.
Lotus: "We now have access to the Corpus deep space scanner. You will have to defend the uplinks, as the enemy will attempt to override our control."
Ordis: "This is quite exciting! I wonder what other secrets we may find!"

Mission 3: Utilize the Corpus Deep Space Scanner (Aphrodite Interception)

Opening Dialogue:
Lotus: "You're at the main control center for the scanner. Defend the controls and prevent the Corpus from overriding the satellite array."

The first wave of interception occurs. Just before the second wave begins, the Lotus comments on her progress.
Lotus: "I will need to complete a final scan to verify the location of the coordinates. Protect the array one last time while I complete this."

A second interception wave occurs, with a 100% chance to spawn a bursa. Upon completing the wave, the Lotus speaks some more about the coordinates.
Lotus: "We have our information. Return to your ship and prepare yourself."

Upon returning to your ship, the Lotus and Ordis have some dialogue.
Ordis: "A dojo! I've never seen this one before. It looks LIKE A DEATH TRAP- quite ominous."
Lotus: "The Stalker's Shadow Dojo. This must be where he's been hiding. You will have to get aboard and find out what that place is."

Mission 4. Infiltrate the Stalker's Dojo (Shadow Dojo Quest)

Opening Dialogue:
Lotus: "Ordis will not be able to securely bring you aboard the Stalker's dojo. Use your archwing to navigate into the hangar and get inside."

You then begin to fly towards the distant dojo. Halfway near to the dojo, explosions of smoke appear and the player is confronted by 2 Itzal flying Acolytes.
Torment: "You should not have found us!"
Lotus: "Who are they? Tenno, beware. It appears the Stalker has trained others to fight alongside him...? Be careful, and don't let them stop you!"
Mania: "You will regret finding us!"

After defeating the 2 Archwing minibosses, you can continue to fly towards the dojo. Once you get near, you fly into an open door into a red lit room, where your archwing detaches, and normal control are resumed. You cycle through an air lock and enter a new tileset, the Shadow Dojo, comprised of the same tiles used to construct player dojos, except the colour schemes are red, black and grey. The player continues through the tile set until they reach a Dueling Hall, where they are locked in and attacked by Violence, Angst, and Malice one at a time.
Stalker: "You will pay Tenno!"
"My students fight for redemption, yet you spill their blood!"
"Our revenge is nigh!"

After defeating the acolytes, the doors unlock and you gain access to the next area, a clan Grand Hall.
Stalker: "You fool!"
"This is not over!"

Ordis: "HOW EXCITING- operator, be careful!"
Lotus: "Tenno, this is it. The Stalker is here, and this conflict must resolve in a battle."

The Stalker then explodes out of smoke from the center of the hall, prompting the player to engage in combat with the Stalker.
Stalker: "I am your reckoning!"

After defeating him, a short cutscene occurs, comprised of the Stalker clutching his bloody chest.
Stalker: "This.....isn't......over.......Tenno....."
With that, he vanishes into smoke, and the mission completes.
When back in your ship, the Lotus congratulates you.
Lotus: "Well done Tenno. The Stalker has been driven out of his place of refuge, and his followers have received the justice they deserved."
"There is still activity in his ruined dojo...... will you return to put and end to his legacy for good?"

NOTE: All acolytes encountered in the quest have their normal drops.

=quest complete=

Rewards: Stalker Beacon, Erebos Blueprint
Completion of this quest also allows the player access to the Shadow Dojo on the Star Chart. The Shadow Dojo only has a single mission type- Defense against Misery, similar to the final event from Operation: Shadow Debt. Reward rotation C of this mission has a chance to yield the blueprints for the chassis, systems and neuroptics of the Erebos warframe, while Misery himself will drop any of the Acolyte Mods, with a chance to drop Shadow Cores required for the Erebos warframe.

NOTE: After completing this quest, nothing changes from the game's current mechanics for the Stalker. He will still mark and attack as usual, and will be replaced by the Shadow Stalker after TSD.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Cptcuddlybuns said:

Not a bad concept, but I feel it should take place after TSD, not before. Also Stalker's probably going to get his quest when Umbra rolls around.

I guess my reasoning is that the Stalker doesn't have a nice enough introduction until TSD. This is my way of trying to help players (especially newer ones) understand who he is and what he's like.

16 hours ago, Cptcuddlybuns said:

Not a bad concept, but I feel it should take place after TSD, not before. Also Stalker's probably going to get his quest when Umbra rolls around.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have it occur BEFORE you find out who the stalker really is and all that, else I'd kinda not want to hurt the stalker. Plus, then you have to change him to the shadow stalker and all that. It's cool that you get to fight all his acolytes without the event btw, and the use of the archwing sections are nice.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mingcrusher said:

Acolythe archwing, fixed acolythe mission AND new tileset? I would be satified with this as the COMPLETE update 20. One thing I would like though is if you could fly in the landing craft yourself till the part where it gets too narrow and you need to further infiltrate using your archwing.

EVERYONE wants this flying landing craft thing. I'll admit it's a good idea, but I suck at pilot simulators