Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Too Ez

EliteGamersAcademy

Perhaps DE should rethink equipment loadouts?

Perhaps 'Frames should be equipped with four weapons instead of three? (Long gun/side arm/melee weapon/equipment)

Weapons like the Ogris could be balanced as "equipment" and given very limited ammunition. Sniper Rifles could be given similar re-balancing?

Or not. (I don't like that solution much, but it's worth brainstorming.)

The reason I posted such a stupid 'difficulty' is to point out the fact this game can be made 'hard'.

Only reason why it can be "made" hard because it "is" easy.

Question is, does a majority of players like it easy. Do you like your game to be without much of a challenge?

"Needs differences in AI and such, not higher numbers."

No amount of AI is going to help a mob take damage several times its own health points.

The way that the game delivers difficulty is with overwhelming quantity of mobs, but that's to be found only in continued defense missions. In the rest of the game there is no crowd of mobs that a few AoE powers can't deal with.

Slash Dash and World on Fire are our win buttons.

"Level more frames and weapons. Build every frame and weapon. Try different things with different frames/powers/weapons."

Doesn't make the game any less easy, does it.

Edited by wfrawn

As for the weapon discussion, we don't need to destroy the weapon's damage. Its ammo reserves though are quite ridiculous for what it is capable of though. It should be viewed as a panic button, not as a -very- high damage weapon where using it turns the game's difficulty to mush.

An additional difficulty option would be splendid. That way individuals who like the current difficulty can do that, and if they wish to step up their game and have a challenge, there will be the harder difficulty. The extra difficulty could have each enemy have a new mechanic or two that makes them threatening.

Chess playing computers can be coded to beat world class chess players, which leads me to be puzzled by your statement that " I don't believe their is a difficulty that will ever match a players skill." You yourself stated earlier that AI is not smart, but rather the programmer is the one with the smarts. This means that you are never really going against the skill of the AI, but rather you are going against the skill of the programmer.

Alas, the developers of most games are never aiming to create a game that is impossible to beat. They aim to create a game that can be beat while giving somewhat of a challenge to the majority of players. If that is the aim of DE, then they should introduce various tiers of difficulty into the game(that are not simply an increase in health/damage/numbers). This different tiers are needed because there are players of various different skill levels out there, which means that different difficulty levels are required to provide a challenge and enjoyment to players of different skill levels.

On a sidenote, you should google "Critical thinking and arguments" in order to get a better understanding of critical thinking, reasoning, arguments, and fallacies.

Chess is easy to program for, there are few variable's, most of the rules are set in stone, and you can only have so many possible options based on pieces and positioning. So, a human player could think ahead say around 100-1000 possible moves, while a computer can go, with enough power, to almost infinity. This is mostly why a computer can, pretty easily, beat a person at chess.

Also,why do you feel the need to insult me? You know nothing about me. So that makes it OK to write something in a public format that you would never say to a live persons face.

As someone who plays about 4 MMOs that obsess over the "holy trinity" of tank/heal/dps, I hope that Warframe remains the same and that these mechanics you hope for are all about players smartly avoiding them. such as jumping over Jackal's pounds. The old Holy Trinity can be cool, but it is overused in RPGs already of the MMO variety and would make this game less unique and less appealing. Next we'll need targeting like TERA to heal directly, taunt/threat mechanics for tanks, and CC for dealing with "too many enemies".

I prefer the idea of high difficulties where we have to avoid mechanics from enemies that can deal heavy damage. Where we're encouraged to conserve our energy for certain moments rather than drown in energy orbs. Let the skill of the player be all that is required to get through a mission, not some tank/healer/dps set up where all the skill in the world wont save you without a healer or tank.

So much this, I can't agree with you more. I believe you've said exactly what I was thinking.......GET OUT OF MY MIND! *runs away screaming*

:D

So much this, I can't agree with you more. I believe you've said exactly what I was thinking.......GET OUT OF MY MIND! *runs away screaming*

:D

Our minds are one. We are the Hive, we are the end and beginning of all Tenno lifeforms. Join us and ascend.

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one who wants to have something like that too.

Edited by Sixnalia

DE should add...

Hardcore mode

All missions as normal, but all enemy's have 10x more levels

so Mercury would be 40-60   Pluto would be 380-520

then players would stop complaining about the lack of endgame, and Difficulty :)

Making enemies higher leveled isn't going to completely solve the difficulty issue. It would instead force players to use very high dps weapons or spend ages trying to down enemies because their health/damage scale higher and higher with levels. Adding new mechanics and abilities to enemies would be better, for the most part.

And @DeatH-ReapeR

It's good to keep some of this seen, perhaps they'll take note and incorporate some of it. Better to make sure you are heard now before it is implemented, than to complain after it is added.

Edited by Sixnalia

I'd say increase the AI difficulty.

A nightmare mode is coming soon anyway, speak again then.

I can not wait for the nightmare mode!!!

When they were talking about it in the live stream I was getting all giddy... :]

DE should add...

Hardcore mode

All missions as normal, but all enemy's have 10x more levels

so Mercury would be 40-60   Pluto would be 380-520

then players would stop complaining about the lack of endgame, and Difficulty :)

Because of damage and HP scaling, that level 380 Corpus crewman would instantly kill a maxed out toughness Rhino in a single shot. I mean all the survivability mods maxed, plus Iron Skin on.

It would have tens of thousands of HP: You'd need to use a maxed out Lex and run out of ammo 100% to kill one.

Level scaling in Warframe utterly breaks down past 60ish.

Because of damage and HP scaling, that level 380 Corpus crewman would instantly kill a maxed out toughness Rhino in a single shot. I mean all the survivability mods maxed, plus Iron Skin on.

It would have tens of thousands of HP: You'd need to use a maxed out Lex and run out of ammo 100% to kill one.

Level scaling in Warframe utterly breaks down past 60ish.

Which is why I hope DE's idea of Nightmare mode will involve new mechanics and possibly a wider variety of weapons on the faction.

Chess is easy to program for, there are few variable's, most of the rules are set in stone, and you can only have so many possible options based on pieces and positioning. So, a human player could think ahead say around 100-1000 possible moves, while a computer can go, with enough power, to almost infinity. This is mostly why a computer can, pretty easily, beat a person at chess.

Also,why do you feel the need to insult me? You know nothing about me. So that makes it OK to write something in a public format that you would never say to a live persons face.

I am sorry if you felt insulted by my comments, but I do not remember typing up anything that could be considered an insult. I also never said anything that I would be afraid to say "to a live person's face."

There is really no reason for me to counter any of your flawed arguments because you do not seem to have the skills required to actually be involved in a "debate," an activity that you yourself asked for. Below is something that I copy/pasted from wikipedia for you. I hope that you read it and that you go out and learn more about critical thinking and argumentation.

Key components of argumentation:

• Understanding and identifying arguments, either explicit or implied, and the goals of the participants in the different types of dialogue.
  • Identifying the premises from which conclusions are derived
  • Establishing the "burden of proof" — determining who made the initial claim and is thus responsible for providing evidence why his/her position merits acceptance.
  • For the one carrying the "burden of proof", the advocate, to marshal evidence for his/her position in order to convince or force the opponent's acceptance. The method by which this is accomplished is producing valid, sound, and cogent arguments, devoid of weaknesses, and not easily attacked.
  • In a debate, fulfillment of the burden of proof creates a burden of rejoinder. One must try to identify faulty reasoning in the opponent's argument, to attack the reasons/premises of the argument, to provide counterexamples if possible, to identify any fallacies, and to show why a valid conclusion cannot be derived from the reasons provided for his/her argument.

As someone who plays about 4 MMOs that obsess over the "holy trinity" of tank/heal/dps, I hope that Warframe remains the same and that these mechanics you hope for are all about players smartly avoiding them. such as jumping over Jackal's pounds. The old Holy Trinity can be cool, but it is overused in RPGs already of the MMO variety and would make this game less unique and less appealing. Next we'll need targeting like TERA to heal directly, taunt/threat mechanics for tanks, and CC for dealing with "too many enemies".

I prefer the idea of high difficulties where we have to avoid mechanics from enemies that can deal heavy damage. Where we're encouraged to conserve our energy for certain moments rather than drown in energy orbs. Let the skill of the player be all that is required to get through a mission, not some tank/healer/dps set up where all the skill in the world wont save you without a healer or tank.

This mechanics from rpgs do not necessarily have to adhere to the predominant "holy trinity" in which classes are stricly forbidden from doing anything but their role. Warframe could introduce those mechanics by creating warframes that can tank/dps, heal/dps, tank/heal, and so on. This is not asking for too much since DE has already created plenty of abilities that buff up the party in various ways.

The following are the mechanics that are used for the cleric in an mmorpg known as Neverwinter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Two basic "auto attacks." This are weak but important. They build up primary and secondary energy source. Used in between more powerful abilities.

*Multiple abilities with cooldowns based on how powerful they are. Only three can be sloted at a time. They are stronger than basic auto attacks and build a lot more of the primary and secondary energy source.

*The secondary energy source is used up when a class mechanic is activated. This energy source modifies all of the slotted abilities and each ability used when it is activated uses up around 33% of the whole bar.

*Two "daily" abilities that are built up via basic attacks and cooldown abilities. They can only be used when their tertiary energy source is filled up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cleric in Neverwinter is a class that can heal and do good damage. It can also give buffs to the whole party that can help the party both mitigate and deal out more damage. Oh yeah, in order to heal or do damage in that game you must actually aim a reticle. You do not just target/cast. /gasp

I know that there are currently some warframes that have some support capabilities, but I want to see a system in which people are constantly working to keep buffs up, heal up each others health/shields, and in which they build up to powerful abilities while having to deal with separate cooldowns. And of course, I want to see a focus on our abilities buffing up our primary/secondary/melee weapons by modifying what they do. An example of this would be having ember use an ability that makes her rifle in order to shoot out explosive fire bullets. Or for a support warframe to modify her weapon to shoot out "healing" bullets that are meant to keep up the tank that is trying to melee down hordes of enemies. 

Changes to the combat mechanics along with interesting boss/enemy/environmental mechanics would make this game a lot more interesting.

Edited by whitejackale

I'm really tired of joining defenses and seeing 2 out of 4 people with rocket launchers, 1 shotting everything. This defeats the purpose of using abilities, melee, or any other aspect of the game. Stand on high ground, spam rockets....

Nerf the rocket launcher, or increase the AI difficulty.

Stay tuned for the worst gameplay of the rocket launcher ever, and watch what is happening to this game.. Rendering now, and will be uploaded in the next hour.

Dude, if you want to make a point be ready to be challenge, don't just turn tail and pull a houdini by blocking me in your lame video channel. 

Btw, i watch your other video about warframe,i have to say they are lame.

A banshee not using a sonar on boss?

A 10 waves defense mission with clan members?

No wonder you think ogris is OP, you have the habit of stopping at wave 10.

You want to be an "ELITE" game reviewer? Go search kripparrian on youtube, maybe you'll learn something.