Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding ammo conversion to Riven stats?

light-v

Question

Since Rivens are supposed give some hope to underused weapons why not adding ammo conversion stats in the pool? Bullet hoses are not so popular because we are forced to put ammo conversion on them I think it could be a nice QoL to have and I can see myself making use of +fire rate, +reload and ammo conversion Riven on some inefficient weapons and also use something other Carrier as well

6 answers to this question

Ammo Mutation is a rather flawed concept.

By using Mutation you're assuring the need for it by lowering the weapons DPS and using more ammo.

Some weapons just have an obnoxious or outdated ammo supply and  I don't really think we should cater to failures in design by patching it. If Bullet hose weapons had the comparable DPS of something like Aksomati which pulls 125k Burst DPS with a RIven then Ammo Mutation is justified but that's just about the only DPS based weapon who's numbers account for a used mod slot.

There's also flaws in the game design itself. By assaulting the player with 50+ enemies at once they've created a heavy dependency on AoE weapons that strike multiple targets with a single shot which DPS Assault Rifle type weapons can't compare to even with Punch-through.

....and we already have Primed Ammo Mutation. Putting that roll on Rivens just makes it harder to get other stats. You should not need both on any weapon.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Ammo Mutation is a rather flawed concept.

By using Mutation you're assuring the need for it by lowering the weapons DPS and using more ammo.

Some weapons just have an obnoxious or outdated ammo supply and  I don't really think we should cater to failures in design by patching it. If Bullet hose weapons had the comparable DPS of something like Aksomati which pulls 125k Burst DPS with a RIven then Ammo Mutation is justified but that's just about the only DPS based weapon who's numbers account for a used mod slot.

There's also flaws in the game design itself. By assaulting the player with 50+ enemies at once they've created a heavy dependency on AoE weapons that strike multiple targets with a single shot which DPS Assault Rifle type weapons can't compare to even with Punch-through.

....and we already have Primed Ammo Mutation. Putting that roll on Rivens just makes it harder to get other stats. You should not need both on any weapon.

Damage 3.0 isn't gonna be a thing anytime soon and they said in recent devstreams that they won't touch the staple mods. Mutation mods is another staple for bullet hoses which is not a good use for a mod slot. We only have 5 actual slots for secondaries and bullethoses only 4 with ammo mutation. Now look at the Aksomati with staples and crit mods you are left with 2 slots for elemental combination and only 1 with you add a Riven on top of that which just bad imo. 

40 minutes ago, lightvee said:

Damage 3.0 isn't gonna be a thing anytime soon and they said in recent devstreams that they won't touch the staple mods. Mutation mods is another staple for bullet hoses which is not a good use for a mod slot. We only have 5 actual slots for secondaries and bullethoses only 4 with ammo mutation. Now look at the Aksomati with staples and crit mods you are left with 2 slots for elemental combination and only 1 with you add a Riven on top of that which just bad imo. 

I don't use Ammo Mutation on anything. I simply swap weapons for a few minutes.

If you put Ammo Mutation on most weapons then they're no longer worth using because you're dropping it's DPS below the average of weapons that don't need it. 

As I mentioned the one Rare case is Aksomati where it's DPS output justifies the mod slot.  It really has nothing to do with the damage system. It's about flawed weapon design. If you drop the weapon's DPS by using Ammo Mutation then you need more Ammo. Bullet hose weapons don't do nearly enough damage/status by comparison to damage per shot weapons and so you're just blowing ammo on a single target regardless of Ammo Mutation.