Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Vandal Vs. Snipetron & Braton Vandal Vs. Braton

Namacyst

to be honest i don't think the braton vandal needs a buff i have it modded to perfection and i use it on every planet works just fine for me i just like using it and having people who didn't closed beta test from the beginning like me drool over it and want it makes me feel special knowing i have something for my hard work stress testing the game for the open testers and beyond

It did not need a nerf back then either.

@ Namacyst: Just say it out loud: All you want is an exclusive better weapon, which the majority of players will never get.

And don't even think about bringing up your standard excuse, that everybody could have bought it back then. The vast majority of today players didn't even knew warframe existed back then.

Edited by Nirnad

@ Namacyst: Just say it out loud: All you want is an exclusive better weapon, which the majority of players will never get.

And don't even think about bringing up your standard excuse, that everybody could have bought it back then. The vast majority of today players didn't even knew warframe existed back then.

Never said anything like that ever. All i want is consistency and fairness when it comes to Vandal balancing. Yes, i find the treatment the Braton Vandal got back then unfair and unjustified and in my eyes it was solely the result of jealous, griefing people who cried enough.

I like the Braton Vandal, i really do. Maybe it has something to do with it being the first "special" weapon i received so i tend to take things regarding it more personal than other stuff regarding weapons. I don't even use the Brandal anymore for a long time now because there are alot of non-exclusive weapons available that are just so much better.

Seeing now that the Lato Vandal was unchanged and is still an upgrade and the Snipetron Vandal was released as an upgrade i find it interesting that the Braton Vandal is not an upgrade but actually a downgrade compared to the normal Braton because people complained and cried only about that particular weapon.

Edited by Namacyst

Ah the Braton Vandal...

The living proof that it doesn't matter if items are meant to be exclusive or if you actually worked to get them, as long as someone cries loud enough, you can nerf anything to oblivion.

I personally had no issue with the braton vandal, and I never had one.  It was an exclusive weapon, get over it.  In all honesty, I can already hear the threads calling for a nerf for the snipetron vandal because the person didn't get it.  I hope the devs decide to stick to their guns this time on the issue.

You know, something funny.. I'm on vacation right now and missed the event and I'm not bitter about the Sandal (anyone got a better term?) being better. Maybe I would be if I was a sniper, Idk. I guess I might be upset if it was a Dera vandal or something.. regardless, consistency is needed.

So what's the lore with the Vandal?

Cause it still seems to be a Corpus tech weapon. I havent used mines but does it fire plasma shots or is it the same as the standard Snipertron.

Cause if it's the same..... they just messed their Lore even more.

The lore is that the Tenno seized a cache of the old model (original Snipetrons not yet turned into Lankas) and heavily modified them to their own liking, resulting in the Vandal.

Honestly I think the Snidal (Brandal was a good nickname, maybe this'll catch on lol) is more of an experiment. For the longest while Snipers have been considered basically crap, with the Lex and the Latron (prime) being what you turn to if you want to snipe anything.

While the Snipetron had good damage, you'd kill 4 things and then spend a couple of years reloading. The Vulkar was similar just with a tad more base damage in exchange for the innate AP (which basically made it worse long-term). This was the problem with snipers- you could kill 4 things, sure, but there's never only 4 things that need killing, and if you need more than one shot to kill something (which the heaviest of enemies often take without something like a Sonar Double Crit) you narrow your kill count even more.

Because of this, the Latron (which is a carbine) surplanted snipers in their field due to good damage and 15 shots per mag with a non-horrid reload speed. Yeah, lower damage, but it was still high enough to work, and it used the Rifle ammo pool (which is insanely abundant) resulting in effectively infinite ammo outside of HWD. The Lex also filled this role as it was a secondary, pistol-sniper, allowing you to still have a rifle as your rifle. What made it fall out some though is Kunai/Despair being such very good dps compared to everything else (until scaling immunities are replaced with scaling armor- or thrown out all together), and things like Twin Vipers being so damn fun to use.

The Snidal is not OP compared to the Snipetron, the Snipetron is UP as hell compared to the Snidal. The gun needed buffs to see real viability, the Snidal is just a test of what could be. Expect to see the Vulkar and Snipetron to see some buffs to put them more on-par with the Snidal.

If I were to guess as to lore stuff.... The Lanka shares a model with the Snipetron for a reason- it is replacing the snipetron as the "original". The Vandals are supposed to be the Lotus's modifications iirc. The Vandal will be the original (set) of modified Lankas, and the Snipetron will be reintroduced as a real thing, being a mass-produced version of the Lotus's modifications to the the Lanka. As to why it's a "Snipetron Vandal" rather than a "Lanka Vandal", well, that's to make it easier to understand when they re-introduce the snipetron into the lore.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Either way... DE should finally take a stand and decide what they want the Vandal gear to be. They have to take some whining from the community one way or the other but right now the Brandal just does not fit with it's UP'ness and that's not fair imho. Buff Brandal or nerf the other Vandal gear but do something.

Braton Vandal is just a big F*** up on DE's part, but who cares? No one's ever gonna get it again, and no one wants to use it either. It's like it never existed. Why would DE waste time on that?

Snipetron vandal get nerfed but who cares ? No one's ever gonna get it again, and no one wants to use it either. It's like it never existed. Why would DE waste time on that?

Oh wait i care cuz i have one !

I thought they were always meant to be upgrades. I have no idea what went on with the Braton Vandal.

Braton buff happened. Before that, BV had better ammo efficiency and a polarity slot so it was pretty much an upgrade.

I'm a collector tbh, my brandal, despite being a forma'd to heck death machine, simply cannot compare to my supra or even my boltor.

It looks really, really nice though.

I have hope that my gram vandal is still in the pipeline for that ultimate vandal look :P

Braton buff happened. Before that, BV had better ammo efficiency and a polarity slot so it was pretty much an upgrade.

Don't count Brandal's ammo efficiency as an upside because Braton has higher fire rate and therefor much higher DPS if you hit your shots which is not hard due to high accuracy. The one polarity slot was beneficial to the Brandal, sure... but not by that much people thought it was.

Now, after the Braton buff and the implementation of forma EVERYTHING that set the Brandal apart from the normal Braton is gone and the Brandal got worse and worse. No more higher base damage, they're even. No higher accuracy, they're both even in use and only different on paper. No polarity bonus because you can just forma the Braton and i don't count "but Brandal has one from the start" as a real argument. What's left is a mere 2.5% more crit chance which is just more RNG. The Vandal traits (Higher base damage and higher accuracy for lower fire rate) were just thrown overboard and the only reason for that are people who don't even own the gun and that is really poor decision making from DE.

When Brandal was released it was the better gun, it was intended to be an upgrade to the regular Braton and not a reskin which basically it is now... everyone could see it and everyone was ok with it, much like now with the Snipedal. Why? Because everyone got one.

So this leads me to just one conclusion: The Brandal was nerfed and the Braton buffed because people were jealous, unreasonable and whining enough. It had nothing to do with balancing but grief.. otherwise the Lato Vandal would have been nerfed, too.

Edited by Namacyst

• 2 weeks later...