Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis and Heavy Calibur being weird

(XBOX)DancesInShadow

Question

Dear, Digital Extremes.
Hi!! Its me! Shadow!!

There was a tiny little bug or atleast I think its a bug thats going on with heavy cal and the ignis.

Now... In my clan Blast Damage is like... Bread and Butter. Its a must and everyone involved thinks its amazing, could use a touch to make it alittle bit more fun (Like when it procs the enemey ragdolls or something) But thats not why i'm bothering you here today. I'm bugging you because to particular memeber of this lil clan o mine love the ignis and have heavy cal on. Now one I modded myself since my gf's account is on my xbox and I tend to make things.... Kill. Quickly. It was brought up to me by the other guy that the Ignis' Accuracy had fallen off tremendously and not very according to the mod itself. 

You see... the ignis starts out 100% accurate and both of their heavy cal Mods are rank 8 which means a 45% drop off. Which on a typical day is fine. But the issue is It doesn't drop off at just 45%. The mod drops the flame thrower to 32.2% accuracy out of 100. now... I'm no genius at math but 100-45=55 Is there something I'm missing? Because that weapon is favored by the two and even have gone so far as to drop 5 and 6 forma into it to maximize the damage out put. COuld you guys please get back to me on whats going on? And if I should break their hearts and tell em to find a new main. Pleases and thank yous

9 answers to this question

The accuracy stat has multiple hidden variables and tends to affect certain weapons differently, It really should be clarified more though.

Also the spread actually helps the ingis's AoE capabilities, it fires in a cone, so you still always hit what's in front of you, the cone is just effectively widened.

Edited by rapt0rman

6 hours ago, mobilehacker said:

Making your post all red doesnt make it easier to read. On the topic - why would you want accuracy on a flamethrower?

It's a favorite color, I can't help it perhaps making it bold will make it easier on your eyes?

And as for why one would want accuracy on a flame thrower, I feel that if the stream hits the target more directly, the damage output would be a bit better. Maybe not to terribly but enough to be used for end game enemies, sorties and the like.

As said, it affects different weapons differently, but if you aren't seeing a massive accuracy loss on the ogris then that's weird, if you look at the arsenal it brings it's 100 accuracy down to a whopping 1.7. On the other hand the minimal accuracy loss on opticor is normal.

And also as said, the ignis fires in a cone, it doesn't have "bullets" that can miss, you're guaranteed to hit what's in front of you no matter what, heavy cal just widens the cone so you hit even more.

Edited by rapt0rman

6 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

As  said, it affect different weapons differently, but if you aren't seeing a massive accuracy loss on the ogris then that's weird. On the other hand the minimal accuracy loss on opticor is normal.

And also as said, the ignis fires in a cone it doesn't have "bullets" that can miss, you're guaranteed to hit what's in front of you no matter what, heavy cal just widens the cone so you hit even more.

Ah, see that right there makes sense. The Fire pattern of the Ignis always eluded me, I always thought it fired in a straight line similar to the rifles and what not. So if anything the drop is helping the weapon over the previously thought negative.