Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constituion or Narrow Minded on my Wukong build?

Fuzzy6682

Question

I'm making a build off of these videos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJBvboJqPs (4:21)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpAm60NI_8 (2:13)

The only difference would be one is using Constitution, and the other is using Narrow Minded.

I would like to know which mod you would prefer, and if range really matters much on Wukong's fourth ability.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

Alright, so if I have power range at 40%, would primed reach make up for it?

It does seem so to me. Since you need the duration for his invuln and the efficiency of his 2 and 4, I would say that you should use Narrow Minded + Primed Reach and never look back.

Range really matters on Wukong's 4th.

However, there seems to be a cap on the maximum range. I use Primed Reach on the melee and Narrow Minded on him, since duration is so instrumental for his abilities. That seems to still get me to about the max staff reach, or at least close to that.

If you get something like 250% duration, then you only need like 130% efficiency for almost the maximum drain skill efficiency. That removes the need for Fleeting Expertise, which only makes things worse. 

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

I personally have never played Wukong, but after doing some research I came up with this video (Shown below). After watching it I am defiantly going to get around to building him, but back to the point. It all depends on how you melee and what your style is. Primal Fury is effected by power efficiency, strength, and range. It is also effected by your melee weapon that you have equipped. For me personally I prefer to go range and speed on my melee examples being Orthos prime with max fury and reach (Primed if you can), that is just me. So I would choose constitution if I was modding only for Primal Fury. Overall though, I would go for a duration build (Narrow Minded). My reasons being that Defy and Cloud Walker would be super helpful for higher level missions, remember not everything is about damage as frames like trinity show. But really in the end it is up to how you want to play him, do you want to tank or reach. Either way your power strength stays the same. My final answer is that I would use Narrow Minded. 

Sorry for the ramble :P :)

Best of luck - ReaperCrewGreen

14 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Range really matters on Wukong's 4th.

However, there seems to be a cap on the maximum range. I use Primed Reach on the melee and Narrow Minded on him, since duration is so instrumental for his abilities. That seems to still get me to about the max staff reach, or at least close to that.

Alright, so if I have power range at 40%, would primed reach make up for it?

I use narrow minded and constitution for max invincibility duration on defy and primed reach on melee when i use his 4th which is actually worse than the meta melee we have available.

His max melee range on 4th is capped. Any range mods will only affect initial reach before combi mult and how fast you will get to the cap.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

2 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I use narrow minded and constitution for max invincibility duration on defy and primed reach on melee when i use his 4th which is actually worse than the meta melee we have available.

His max melee range on 4th is capped. Any range mods will only affect initial reach before combi mult and how fast you will get to the cap.

Am I still able to reach his capped range, even after using a Narrow Minded?

Also... what meta melee? I play what I find is fun, that's mostly it.

9 hours ago, Fuzzy6682 said:

Am I still able to reach his capped range, even after using a Narrow Minded?

Also... what meta melee? I play what I find is fun, that's mostly it.

Yes because you get extra range as you get your combo up. Meta melee have lots and lots of weapons. What kind of melee do you prefer?

45 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Yes because you get extra range as you get your combo up. Meta melee have lots and lots of weapons. What kind of melee do you prefer?

6 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It does seem so to me. Since you need the duration for his invuln and the efficiency of his 2 and 4, I would say that you should use Narrow Minded + Primed Reach and never look back.

Thanks so much for your answers everyone!

I'm going to be using Narrow Minded then.