The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Shouldn't Have Gotten The Snipetron

ZyloWolfzan

There was nothing special about the original snipetron in the first place, rather than thinking the world is against your opinion, read into some of these posts. It was removed because it didn't fit as a Corpus weapon, seeing as all Corpus weapons aren't bullet based, but rather something along the lines of laser guns.

Again, there was NOTHING special about the Snipetron, it was just your run of the mill shop weapon, that's why some of these guys think your thread is kind of asinine.

Elitism over a reg shop weapon? Come on guys.

glad that those who had reseted and got cheated out of the snipetron can actually have it now(not one of them, mine's been cherished a bit) they deserved it, as they had it but chose to reset and lost out of it soon after.

There was nothing special about the original snipetron in the first place, rather than thinking the world is against your opinion, read into some of these posts. It was removed because it didn't fit as a Corpus weapon, seeing as all Corpus weapons aren't bullet based, but rather something along the lines of laser guns.

Again, there was NOTHING special about the Snipetron, it was just your run of the mill shop weapon, that's why some of these guys think your thread is kind of asinine.

Elitism over a reg shop weapon? Come on guys.

That's just it though. It was removed because of lore. and now its brought back, just to be removed again?

Why bring it back in the first place.

just give all the people who had resets their snipetron back.

I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe, the next forum I join will be better, just maybe...

signed my hopes, they continue to be dashed.

Might want to consider the content of your own posts, if you are constantly disappointed with the responses you get in multiple forums.

Apologies for having an opinion apparently. I guess I'm not allowed to think my own thoughts?

I'll keep it in mind and stop expressing myself I guess, thanks for letting me know internet.

signed I appreciate it, really.

Zylo the Wolfbane

You don't have to apologiese for having an opinion.... you have to apologies for having an opinion that makies no sense whatsoever.

You argue the point that the original snipetron was some exclusive reward for those that happened to be around at the time of it's aviability.

a) As others mentioned, it wasn't anything exlusive or a reward (unlike some closed beta gifts for example). It was a (iirc) 50k credits shop weapon. The only problem making it somewhat exlusive was it's unnanounced and sudden removal. If I had known back then what would happen I would have bought one. Resetters are in the same boat.

b) Your entire point still stands! Now it IS a (somewhat) exlusive weapon. Now it's just fair that everybody that was surprised by it's disapearance had their chance to get it. Everyone starting the game after us will (probably) never get it. So what exactly are you arguing here? That an exlusive never again aviable weapon should be exclusive and never again aviable..... uh.... duh.

If you had taken the time to think your post through most people wouldn't have disagreed with you and there would have been no need for beeing so butthurt..... try growing up, you really need to get used to people disagreeing with you if that post is indicative of your abillity of making a point.

Apologies for having an opinion apparently. I guess I'm not allowed to think my own thoughts?

I'll keep it in mind and stop expressing myself I guess, thanks for letting me know internet.

Zylo the Wolfbane

You can have your opinion. Ours is that your's is wrong :P

This seems like a kick in the teeth for the people who got the original Snipetron. First, the Vandal version is BETTER? 

There are two problems here :

- Considering that people should be prevented from accessing the whole game because they were not here at the right time is not a great thing. It does not kick the teeth of no one. It's just solve a problem. I mean, they had their exclusivity a few months (even if it wasn't "exclusive" to start off). They also had it more easily than others.

- The vandal version should be an alternative, not an upgrade UNLESS the event come again each year or something like that.

Edited by Froh

Would it be accurate to say that much of this outcry from both sides could have been avoided if the original snipetron was handed out only to those who had it and unfortunately did an account reset (not sure if DE has the records to scroll back on to, or just use game join date as a gauge), while the vandel version an event exclusive reward?

That said, it still doesn't solve the problem of some ppl who will certainly see the increased vandel stats as something to rage on. 

Because everyone who has ever and will ever play the game just got both the Snipertron and Snipertron Vandal.

Don't worry elitist. There will be new players joining tomorrow and even more  when U9 is released, they won't have your special badge guns, and they'll envy you hard for having them.

Wait, nm, no one will care about what equipment you have, just like no one but completionists care about braton/lato vandals. 

I personally really don't think the original Snipetron was a "limited edition". In my eyes, the whole point of giving out the Snipetron Blueprint was to make up for the fact that many people never got to buy it since it went off the market without any warning and many people LOST it when they reset their accounts.

Apologies for having an opinion apparently, I guess I'm not allowed to think my own thoughts?

Zylo the Wolfbane

Aww, poor little fellow just found out that other people don't always agree

with the circus between his ears...

/welcome to the world outside of mommy's house.

Life lesson !!!

I think the entire community should be able to have access to every weapon that has ever been released.  Events like this are a good way to do so.  I hope to see the CBT vandal weapons available for all, as well, one day.  

No

Snipetron was taken away from us without any notice at all. The CBT weapons are what they are known for: CBT exclusive. Sure I wont mind adding new Vandal variants of weapons but the old ones are exclusive and shouldnt be rereleased.

No

Snipetron was taken away from us without any notice at all. The CBT weapons are what they are known for: CBT exclusive. Sure I wont mind adding new Vandal variants of weapons but the old ones are exclusive and shouldnt be rereleased.

DE can release/rerelease anything they want to...

No one cares if it makes 3 cry babies quit.

DE can release/rerelease anything they want to...

No one cares if it makes 3 cry babies quit.

You are not getting the point. DE makes promises in the past those promises they must keep and they normally do. Snipetron's disappearance was something that happened out of nowhere and a lot of people complained about it.

The difference with Snipetron vs Braton Vandal for example is: Braton Vandal was announced that it would be exclusive to that event only. Thus DE promised us it's exclusive. Snipetron was never exclusive so it ended up being rereleased in this event marked as "exclusive" so now it won't be available anymore in the future.

DE won't make the same mistake anymore as with Frost Prime. Where they announced he would be exclusive to that event only. In the end they broke that promise resulting in DE becoming unreliable in the eyes of the players. I'm pretty sure they won't make the same mistake anymore and give false information to the players because that has a huge impact on whether the players can trust DE or not.

"release/rerelease" including the exclusive content? No one will care? You don't know how very wrong you are with that.

Edited by R3leaZ

They took the snipetron off the market without any warning, and a lot of people still wanted to get it. This is just childish elitism. It's not comparable to the vandals in any way, which were special reward items for beta testers on set days marketed as limited time only.

I agree with many others here, the difference between the Snipetron and the Closed-Beta Vandals is that the Snipetron was removed without notice.

While I am glad to have the original Snipetron, I do feel bad for those who held fast to theirs, as the outdated relic of a sniper rifle is cheapened by the event giving out both guns.

As for the Vandal being better, I have no opinion on the matter.

Zylo the Wolfbane

No one ever said you couldn't voice your opinion. You voiced yours, we are voicing ours. You can't get all butthurt because someone thinks differently than you do.

Zylo the Wolfbane

You're allowed to have an opinion, what with free speech and all, but that doesn't mean other people can't point out that you're being dumb.

You are not getting the point. DE makes promises in the past those promises they must keep and they normally do. Snipetron's disappearance was something that happened out of nowhere and a lot of people complained about it.

The difference with Snipetron vs Braton Vandal for example is: Braton Vandal was announced that it would be exclusive to that event only. Thus DE promised us it's exclusive. Snipetron was never exclusive so it ended up being rereleased in this event marked as "exclusive" so now it won't be available anymore in the future.

DE won't make the same mistake anymore as with Frost Prime. Where they announced he would be exclusive to that event only. In the end they broke that promise resulting in DE becoming unreliable in the eyes of the players. I'm pretty sure they won't make the same mistake anymore and give false information to the players because that has a huge impact on whether the players can trust DE or not.

"release/rerelease" including the exclusive content? No one will care? You don't know how very wrong you are with that.

I get it, but I'm beyond the infantile need to base my fun on the exclusivity

of a nonexistent video game item.

I don't care who has what, and if you do I would suggest some introspection

or possibly professional help.

Good luck.

Ugh, these kinds of threads make me sick, always with people and this elitist mentality.

The Snipetron was not exclusive in an way, it was on the market for anyone to get at an time, then DE pulled it from the market for some lame "lore" reasoning and didn't even give players a chance at getting it before they pulled it, so giving people a chance a weapon that was never anything special and that people should have had a heads up about was a good idea in my book.

I got the original Snipertron, it was never advertised as a rare or limited weapon and I always asumed it was just taken off the market for some rework. If it's available again, great, more people can come and enjoy it. There is absolutly no reason to QQ about the reintroduction of a common weapon.