Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I build Ash Prime after rework?

LoneWandererZed

Question

7 answers to this question

How do you like using him? Fatal Teleport? Seeking Shuriken? Rising Storm?

Personally I find Fatal Teleport to be overkill and unnecessary. I usually use a Shuriken build with duration, range and strength to shred armor. Rising Storm build sacrifices range for maximum duration since Rising Storm is affected by duration mods.

Forma lets you add a polarity which reduces mod cost.. so of course people who want to get the most out of a frame are going to reactor and forma them.

Build for Duration,  Strenght and some Efficiency if you want a Bladestorm Build. You can lose some range with Narrow Minded, the default one for his bladestorm is 50m,  so you won't have too many problems targeting people at distance. 

While in Smoke Bomb, Bladestorm's cost is halved, so unless you run Zenurik or energy pads, it's much more useful than pure strenght like it was before. 

Edited by aligatorno

Personally, after the update I've switched to smoke bomb build with a lot of duration and I can't believe what I've been missing out on. I use a lot of duration with fatal teleport and movement utility mods (bullet jump/ constitution) since I don't use 1 and 4. A reliable bow to pick off anything in stealth, and if that fails, fatal teleport is there to finish the job.

Over-all, while the BS-spam set-up took a hit when the rework to Ash was put into place, I've found the following set-ups work well

Duration, Range, & Smoke Shadow.  Fairly solid duration invisibility (slightly worse duration/energy than Loki, but not by much) that also applies to nearby allies and staggers nearby enemies.  Run around being invisible and using your weapons (or other powers) to kill things, teleport when the mood strikes you, try to get close to allies when reactivating so that they get hidden too.  Can easily sacrifice power strength, as neither Smoke Bomb nor Teleport are affected by it.

Duration, Range, & Rising Storm.  More melee focused.  As with the prior set-up, you long-duration invisibility and broad area stuns on enemies.  Rising Storm with Blade Storm serves to buy you extra time to find more enemiies without losing your melee combo multiplier.  Trade-off between Range and Strength is a matter of taste.  More range lets you target enemies from further away - and gives a broader stagger on your smoke screens - but the hit to power from over extended may hamper BS's ability to score kills at higher levels.  Can easily combine with the prior set-up.

Range, Efficiency.  This is a shuffling of the first suggestion.  Trading duration for efficiency means you'll need to (and can afford to) Smoke Screen more often, trading more frequent lapses in invisibility for more frequent stunning.  The lower duration limits the usefulness of Smoke Shadow - you can still use it, but may find there's better uses for that mod slot.  This is also probably your best kit for Teleport.  If including Fatal Teleport, you may want to either put some points into not losing too much power strength, or build your melee weapon to take care of that for you.

Duration, Strength, & Seeking Shuriken.  Again with the long-duration invisibility.  Getting to at least 143% power strength (for example, from using Intensify and Power Drift, or simply using Transient Fortitude) will have Seeking Shuriken completely negate armor on the target, while the high duration affects both how long the armor debuff applies and your own stealth duration.  Shuriken can be used on any target you can see, though range will, of course, still affect other powers (I recommend skipping Narrow Minded).  With adequate range, the augments for the other abilities could also work here, though trying to fit everything you want in can be tricky.

Due to wanting to be able to make full use of both the upcoming HitsuSan Bai Hu TennoGen Skin and the DE-luxe Skin I went back and rebuilt Ash' non-Prime' to use in addition to my Ash Prime.

Whenever I level a freshly built Frame I always equip for survivability and then whatever powers I feel are fun or useful at the time.

And I gotta say that at the end of the day I enjoyed using this "non-min-max-ed" build I'll post below enough that I even slapped a Forma in it and did it all over again, hehe.

But you could totally do most of this build without Forma, Primed Mods or the Exilis slot.

So here's a link to a "basic" version using Ash Prime on Warframe Builder: Ash Prime Fatal Smoke Warrior build.

And then here's a cap of the one I used on "just Ash".

Spoiler

A3EAFCBD9B7DD4CA73AF344F0AB43BCB7C1B0957 (1680×1050)

- Alternate Mods -

One thing a lot of people would probably skip/replace is that Primed Vigor. There's a lot of things you could use instead.

To keep the durability you could use regular Vigor, Armored Agility, Redirection.

If you wanted to go the Primed Flow/Quick Thinking route that would totally work, you'd just need to add in a " - polarity".

Or max out Efficiency using Streamline and Fleeting Expertise.

Natural Talent would work to speed up the casting animation but, imo, it's fast enough already. 

- using the build -

Running both Smoke Shadow and Fatal Teleport is/was a lot of fun. 

Smoke Shadow allowed me to stealth cloak my party members, cover allies if they were grouped up doing a rez or cloak a Tenno and/or its Warframe when farming Kuva.

Fatal of course allows you to take down a high priority target very quickly. It's still a little buggy in that sometimes you'll teleport to the target but not auto-perform the Finisher. But you can just be ready for it and If/when this happens just quickly tape your melee button. 
-  generally, you don't even need to run this using a Covert Dagger as most melee finishers can take out quick a bit of the mobs you'll see for a long time.
- one fo the nice things about Fatal even if you don't care about the buggy auto-Finisher aspect is the energy refund it gives you on executing a Fatal Teleport.

It's a little hard to tell how well the durability combined with Rage went with regards to energy, but I never really felt like I was having problems with it and spent quite a bit of time in and keeping up Smoke Shadow.

One thing there is sometimes I toggle on Bladestorm and letting it target mobs eats up energy, which if they got killed before using it you just get all that energy back.
 Which I found happens A Lot.   
But I did find I managed to start getting off quite a few Bladestorms anyhow, mostly just as an "oh sh!t" damage avoidance move or a "taking out the trash" attack (or more generally just for fun, heh).

It seems to me that "post rework Ash" doesn't really seem to need Range or Strength and I sure didn't feel like I was missing them with that build.  
- Bladestorm and Shuriken just won't ever do "enough damage" to be meaningful at higher (Sortie+) levels.
- Solo mode he doesn't need Armor Stripping because you could just go Lethal Fatal Teleport (oh noes, he can have scaling damage, so cheese! =p)
- in a group situation, there's plenty of ways to get rid of high armor, the easiest most effective is to run 4 CP's, done and done.

I know there was a lot of grumbling and discontent by some long time Ash players post (nerf)/re-work, but I was never big on the Bladestorm Ash playstyle and am finding him to be a lot of fun currently. 

Well hope that is some help.

Cheers and Happy Hunting, Tenno.
~R~