Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constructive criticism for my builds?

Howl4Me

Question

http://imgur.com/a/My9Nb

Obviously, I would alternate elements depending on the faction I'm fighting at higher levels, but otherwise these are the builds I'm using. I realized I mostly haven't asked for feedback on them at all, and so I figured I'd take to the forums and ask if anyone has any advice on how to build better. Note: I don't own Argon Scope, and Hammer Shot is just a placeholder for a D-polarity Cernos riven I have (Cernos Lexi-gelitis, +1.9% punch through +78.8% crit damage and +62.6% cold) for which I am not the appropriate Mastery Rank. 

Edited by Glyphicall

5 answers to this question

For your galatine prime, while crit damage builds are good, they do struggle at higher levels (85 and up you start to notice a significant draw back.)  Raw damage or status will do wonders at those levels, and will still hold the same at lower levels.  Mine does 2,000 base damage, and has a 55% status chance with corrosive and body count.  

that's all.

Pretty much solid builds, that could be improved by simply maxing mods or getting primed mod (target cracker, pressure point and primed fury)

Am in love with hybrid crit/bleed proc recently, I recommend for you to try it out for galatine prime. Just swap body count for drifting contact and elementals with relentless combination and weeping wounds. Relentless combo will build up combo multi quick while bleed proc from weep wounds will do its work no matter how target is armored. Scales pretty well into late game, but its little specific gameplay, since you dont need to kill with a weapon, just hit 2-3 times and switch to other target waiting other to get maimed.

Edited by RobWasHere

19 minutes ago, Glyphicall said:

http://imgur.com/a/My9Nb

Obviously, I would alternate elements depending on the faction I'm fighting at higher levels, but otherwise these are the builds I'm using. I realized I mostly haven't asked for feedback on them at all, and so I figured I'd take to the forums and ask if anyone has any advice on how to build better. Note: I don't own Argon Scope, and Hammer Shot is just a placeholder for a D-polarity Cernos riven I have (Cernos Lexi-gelitis, +1.9% punch through +78.8% crit damage and +62.6% cold)

If I don't comment on a weapon, that does either mean I wouldn't change anything or I don't know enough about that weapon:

Rakta Cernos:

I would not use Cernos as a status weapon, but use the raw elementals instead (especially Primed Cryo Rounds), but if you really want to use it for status, this build is pretty much optimal. Don't worry about Argon Scope, in most cases Bladed Rounds is better.

Soma Prime:

You could consider exchanging Bladed Rounds with Vile Acceleration if you don't have a problem with a bullet hose. Vile Acc is better DPS-wise but does weigh heavy on the ammo consumption.

SS:

People usually build it for crit, but it does not change much in your build. Question: Do you really like/use punchthrough on SS? Because if you never shoot through enemies (like me), exchanging one elemental and Shred for Point Strike and Vital Sense will increase your damage a bit.

Ignis:

I would definitely fit in Vile Acc (again, if you have no problem with the ammo consumption) instead of Firestorm (because I haven't noticed a big increase in range) or Malignant Force (higher fire rate will increase your damage and status per sec more than a dual stat mod).

Akstiletto P:

Exchanging Sharpened Bullets with Pathogen Rounds or Deep Freeze will give you more damage and an increased chance of proc'ing Viral instead of physical elements (mainly Impact). And against Grineer I would definitely use Corrosive over Viral on Akstiletto, shreds lvl 135 Bombards in seconds.

Galatine P:

I think that one attack speed is enough in the Galatine as it is a fast heavy sword. Consider using True Steel or Buzz Kill instead of one of the two attack speed mods. And another idea would be to exchange Body Count with Drifting Contact (if you have it) to get a few extra procs in.

eb1d138a09.png

This is personally my build for the Rakta cernos with 4 Forma, you may want to switch out an elemental mod for your Riven if you want to use it. I wouldn't reccomend hammershot anyways. Status is rather subpar because most of the time you'll be dealing impact. 

Also you don't need both fury and beserk on your galatine. 

Edited by Unholyrequiem

6 minutes ago, Unholyrequiem said:

eb1d138a09.png

This is personally my build for the Rakta cernos with 4 Forma, you may want to switch out an elemental mod for your Riven if you want to use it. I wouldn't reccomend hammershot anyways. Status is rather subpar because most of the time you'll be dealing impact. 

Also you don't need both fury and beserk on your galatine. 

As I said, I'm not actually proper MR for the Riven yet - which is why I was using Hammer Shot. However, I accordingly adjusted my build with a previous poster's advice that I use raw elemental instead of dualstats, so I am now using Cryo Rounds in that slot for a combo viral-heat damage or corrosive-cold. 

9 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

If I don't comment on a weapon, that does either mean I wouldn't change anything or I don't know enough about that weapon:

Rakta Cernos:

I would not use Cernos as a status weapon, but use the raw elementals instead (especially Primed Cryo Rounds), but if you really want to use it for status, this build is pretty much optimal. Don't worry about Argon Scope, in most cases Bladed Rounds is better.

Soma Prime:

You could consider exchanging Bladed Rounds with Vile Acceleration if you don't have a problem with a bullet hose. Vile Acc is better DPS-wise but does weigh heavy on the ammo consumption.

SS:

People usually build it for crit, but it does not change much in your build. Question: Do you really like/use punchthrough on SS? Because if you never shoot through enemies (like me), exchanging one elemental and Shred for Point Strike and Vital Sense will increase your damage a bit.

Ignis:

I would definitely fit in Vile Acc (again, if you have no problem with the ammo consumption) instead of Firestorm (because I haven't noticed a big increase in range) or Malignant Force (higher fire rate will increase your damage and status per sec more than a dual stat mod).

Akstiletto P:

Exchanging Sharpened Bullets with Pathogen Rounds or Deep Freeze will give you more damage and an increased chance of proc'ing Viral instead of physical elements (mainly Impact). And against Grineer I would definitely use Corrosive over Viral on Akstiletto, shreds lvl 135 Bombards in seconds.

Galatine P:

I think that one attack speed is enough in the Galatine as it is a fast heavy sword. Consider using True Steel or Buzz Kill instead of one of the two attack speed mods. And another idea would be to exchange Body Count with Drifting Contact (if you have it) to get a few extra procs in.

I adjusted all of my builds in accordance with this advice; all of it makes sense to me. I thought the Synoid Simulor was no longer as good with crit because of the nerf to explosions/crits, but I'll test it out nonetheless.