Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Nerfed Roar Timer

-BELLUM-

NOTE TO THE DEVS: IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE A BUG I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS POST. IF NOT... PLEASE HEAR US OUT.

There has been a severe reduction to Rhino's ROAR power that has rendered it unappealing to even use....

UPDATE- JULY 8TH, PST 11:33pm

Seems it was a bug people! It's all good and i stand corrected ^_^    Check it out.....    https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/75757-the-hotfix-borked-roar/?p=825004

Recently, i jumped into a quick game of IO defense to level my dread Kunai and noticed even with a fully leveled Continuity mod, the effect was only lasting .....5 seconds.

Thinking it could be a bug, i removed the mod only to discover the Roar power functioning at a even shorter time of about....4 seconds.....

I repeated these tests...and confirmed the timers.

Now, this was to Rhino's answer to the high level/ high defense wave battles, the first release of this power was perfect. Totally suited to the tank like play style. And made him a valued warframe to a squad not only for his ability to survive as an individual player....but to boost combat effectiveness of an entire team!

With the newly set time limit, this cant even be an worthwhile risk expending 75 energy to just buy enough time for a few melee swings, or at best a single rifle clip with boosted damage.

Please return the roar power to what it first was, there was no need for a change. At the very least compromise for a length of time that sits in the middle of the extremely low (4-5 seconds) and the starting (12-17 seconds).

Edited by -BELLUM-

In my first surge of frustration and slight anger...oh man you better believe that what i felt too my friend....but hey....lets boost this post, and let the Dev's eyes fall on it. I'm sure we can talk with them about it.

Who wants to spend almost 100 energy for 5 seconds (maxed with mods mind you) of negligible damage boost? Thats almost a stomp (which is pretty nice now) or an iron skin and a half (which is meh. better then before but still not suitable for epicness). Waste of energy. i removed a power polarization so i could use that slot for something useful. I was going to change it back with the introduction of roar but thank you DE for making that decision easier.

I really hope it is a bug, I just started to enjoy playing Rhino again and I want to keep it that way. Hopefully if its a bug it'll be fixed soon, I'd also like to see the movement leaning fixed soon too.

Amen to that, again i may have jumped the gun, but i heard people complaining that Rhino is OP... If so we'll find a compromise.

The only ones who complain a frame is OP are the ones who don't play it. Which is why nerf threads generally should be disregarded.

Totally agree, honestly in the past there were some warframe abilities i thought were maybe too potent...but i dint go around complaining about it openly. We're all players in the game that stresses co-op, in a "us versus them" setting. Don't gimp your fellow tenno with nerf complaints...cause in the big picture we all suffer for it.

It's like one stop forward and two steps back with DE more often than the other way around.

Can we get a side of hotfix, hold the "bugs" for once? One change at a time won't hurt. It's slow, but it's progress.

Edited by Aishi

I'd be happy to hear from them at the very least as to whether this is a bug and they're aware, or...if its intentional, which i really hope its not. Cast animation included 5 seconds isn't enough to get anything done in this game. This coupled with a new patch leads me to believe it is indeed a bug...but without conformation we can't be sure.

OH I hope it is a bug too cause, in some way i'll still use it, it's just that with the short timer you really cant do anything worthwhile

some people on my team made use of roar when it was on, even with it's shortness and it would barely last the time of their warframe ability

I noticed this as well, but I think this thread is the wrong reaction. If a nerf like this was intentional, or if it is a bug, it should still go in the bug forum. Simply because rather or not it was intentional it is still a bug. Just a question of what kind of bug it is.

Edited by liavalenth

I noticed this as well, but I think this thread is the wrong reaction. If a nerf like this was intentional, or if it is a bug, it should still go in the bug forum. Simply because rather or not it was intentional it is still a bug. Just a question of what kind of bug it is.

Well if it's a bug then you'll all see me stand corrected, but small price to make sure thats the case.