Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer (Not So Much) Army/military

TheStag

The Grineer; oppressive, evil, degenerate clones formed into an army/military, or so it is said. If the Grineer is an army, shouldn't it be like one? I have some suggestions for the Grineer to make them more military like.

-When Lotus says "I detect a large security force (or attack force) heading your way, its the grineer!", how about.....

"I detect a squad of grineer heading your way. Get ready for a fight!". A squad is a military term generally used for 9-10 soldiers, and that would make his much better.

-In some levels with large rooms, make there be a platoon of maybe 16 or more grineer practice marching around being led by an NCO. There could be like things the NCO could say such as "Left Turn!" "About Face!", and other various things. The platoon could be layed out such as from front to back....

4 shield lancers

4 heavy gunners

4 grineer lancers

4 grineer troops

Get what I am saying here?

-Bosses should be flanked by guards, not just standing out in the middle of the typical boss room in an asteroid base.

A boss such as Kela De Thaym could be flanked by two Grineer Bombard soldiers, because she uses a rocket launcher. Vor could be flanked by Flameblades or Heavy Gunners, and so on.

-Add in some grineer barrack rooms, with a BUNCH of loot ;D

-For some missions, Lotus should say something like..... "This is the flagship of a large grineer galleon attack ship. Destroy the reactor of this ship and you will render the entire armada useless!" or "Tenno, this ship has a company of soldiers. Kill them all.".

If the Grineer are to be a military, have them use military terms, strategies, etc. Normally in a grineer mission, there are some mobs of grineer and the rest mostly scattered thinly around the map. It would probably be more realistic if a player saw one guy on scout/guard duty and then organized squads and platoons patrolling the rest of the ship. 

Please, submit opinions and more suggestions on how to make the Grineer more military like!

(I thought of this while mowing. I was bored.)

I also think they need some formations. Not quite medieval style, but lancers with shields should walk out in a group of 2-3 to form a small wall, and others stand behind them. I think all Grineer currently have solo AI; there is no hive mind to their combat (and yet, they have a magical hive mind when becoming aware of your presence, slightly fixed in the last patch...)

I hope that one day, "Combat formation Bravo!" will actually mean something. Right now, combat formation bravo means to run around like idiots and rambo.

I think the grineer should deploy some defenses. Like as soon as you've been detected, they should prepare blockades and turrets to stop you or slow you down. Maybe some landmines too. The point is, would a real army, after discovering an enemy of unparalleled power just say, "oh yea this little cover will do!"

Also, can we possibly broaden the width of this topic by adding corpus/infested ideas?

This is mainly for Grineer and these ideas would not work for the others according to Lore. Infested is just like warframe's zombies and Corpus is greedy traders.

Also, someone mentioned the Bravo thing Grineer said. What if Grineer has differed things they said like Foxtrox, Bravo, Alpha, Gamma, etc. and for each one they did a different attack/defense strategy!

This is mainly for Grineer and these ideas would not work for the others according to Lore. Infested is just like warframe's zombies and Corpus is greedy traders.

Also, someone mentioned the Bravo thing Grineer said. What if Grineer has differed things they said like Foxtrox, Bravo, Alpha, Gamma, etc. and for each one they did a different attack/defense strategy!

okay maybe I will start one for corpus since I don't know what the infested could do other than be slightly smarter...

okay maybe I will start one for corpus since I don't know what the infested could do other than be slightly smarter...

If you are going to do that, you may want to suggest making corpus crewman seem a bit cowardly and the MOA's just be like overwhelming aimbot drones. Corpus run the trade around the solar system, and they shouldn't be very used to fighting a lot.

Grineer commanders should be actual commanders, giving these orders and perhaps change switch teleport to passive damage boost for nearby grineers. Grineer squads should be always leaded by grineer commander. Killing commander would make grineers switch from aggressive to defensive.

"Attack formation Omega"

3 grineer shield lancers followed by 3 grineer troopers charging at you

Grineer commanders should be actual commanders, giving these orders and perhaps change switch teleport to passive damage boost for nearby grineers. Grineer squads should be always leaded by grineer commander. Killing commander would make grineers switch from aggressive to defensive.

"Attack formation Omega"

3 grineer shield lancers followed by 3 grineer troopers charging at you

Great Idea! Also, when a platoon of Grineer are marching around, they could be led by the commander! That is a great. It would also be cool if commanders said something such as, "Tenno on your left flank!", "Heavy enemy fire incoming! GET DOWN SOLDIERS!".

You guys notice the Grineer have helicopters? What if you fight one as a boss fight for assassination missions or fifth wave miniboss in a special grineer defense mission.

Grineer dropship as a heavy unit. Drops squad of grineers, and starts to shoot you with machine gun. High damage and heavy armor, but easily killed if you aim pilot. Needs open area, so perhaps have special spawnpoints in corpus planets (grineers attacking corpus), and in upcoming grineer planets.

Grineer dropship as a heavy unit. Drops squad of grineers, and starts to shoot you with machine gun. High damage and heavy armor, but easily killed if you aim pilot. Needs open area, so perhaps have special spawnpoints in corpus planets (grineers attacking corpus), and in upcoming grineer planets.

Love it! Also, about the special defense missions, I think there needs to be some corpus/grineer special waves to make it more realistic. For corpus, they could have a pack of hyena's on every 10th wave, and more maps for Grineer so they could implement helicopters. It would be awesome is lotus said, "Tenno! Look out! The corpus have deployed a pack of hyenas!"

Edited by TheStag