Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the most recent pvp event (and the extra points for winning system) is bad

watusaytomepnk

Hi,

So let me just say I do not hate conclaive, however I do hate this event for a combination of reasons.

First and foremost, the fact that the 1 point for loss 3 point for victory condition makes players who do not like the match, those with poor scores are forced to play more, but those with poor scores are also less inclined to like the mode, those with good scores who are more inclined to like it will continue playing regardless.

second, the nature of the mode, and especially the 1shot melee, it gives the host a HUGE advantage and a scaling disadvantage based on connection quality, making it exponentially harder for those with a poor connection to get points, and making them waste more time on this event rather then pve content which is less hindered by their ping.

essentially my problem is that this system causes players who do not want to use it to use it more to reap the rewards, and those that do are barely rewarded for it at all.

Well.. the Snowball fight was awesome... I didn't consider it a burden at all. We played it for fun.

But this "version" kills the fun part entirely... unless you're that good.. (which might still bore you in the end)
I don't even get why they had to change the current reward from 9 points up to 12 points... (12 matches.. what the fuck!?)

This "winning" part changes it to be a "lame" behavior game... by now, it's usually the best idea to just do 12 afk matches than to play for real (this is what I did when I knew I couldn't win anyway, why waste anymore time on it? Losing isn't fun and we all know it)
I mean.. it forces us to be good at PvP even though it rewards PvE stuff... (not that the line between those 2 is all that clear anyway)

And let me clarify it, I don't like people being afk... I didn't like it back in the Snowball fight days, and would certainly hate it in here even more (because it might mean that you're losing because a not-so-good player keeps killing afk people) But the Snowball event gave me at least a reason to play active, since I had nothing to lose and play for fun.. While this event only shows me what I have to lose (and most people will fall behind the 3rd place) so they'd rather stay afk to begin with.

I managed to finish the first part with 3 of 3 matches won and got my 9 points. And while I thought that doing 9 matches if you don't win can be quite a lot, it'll still be less than 10 matches so I didn't complain yet...
But for the 12 points it's a pain in the ass to complete if you're barely able to get into the top 3 (I did 4+4 matches, thus 8 and 4 more than I should have done)

ALSO: don't make PvP stuff mandatory! It's ok for holidays like Christmas if you can't really lose, but it isn't if you're doing it 20+ times a year.

16 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Don't forget the points drop as an orb that ANYONE can pick up rather than going directly to the person that killed them. 

he he.. I've been placed 5th once, even though I would have been 3rd by a distance if MY kills actually counted..

Edited by ShiroiTora