Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Highway robbery

dodorichard

Question

I was in trade chat and advertised my Loki Prime set for XXX plat, this guy [name withheld] said he would buy it but when we were about to conclude and pressed the "accept trade" button, he suddenly ignored me. I immediately got suspicious and am now less one Loki Prime set but I don't think I got my plat. Has this happened to anyone?

I have already submitted a support ticket to DE but I imagine they will say "sucks to be you", which is just not right. There must be a way to stop and punish such behavior, or am I just being naive? 

5 answers to this question

If you didn't get the plat from the trade, you must have accepted it with out it being there. It shows everything when doing trades to help prevent scams, still wait on support, they are the only ones who can help you.

I have been seeing some very strange trading post operations lately - It might just be my trading post - but the items stay forward of the accept trade button. It makes it basically impossible to see if the other party has locked in their side. 

I am hoping this is just mine and I will ask support - I will try to get a screenshot

I'm 99% sure it was human mistake ie. yours. Trade window in this game is designed to be almost foolproof but minimal effort on human side is still required. I saw few posts in days back warning of a player .... who tried to scam someone for loki switching 500 p for 50 before deal was concluded. Attempt is fairly easy to spot but if you succeed in fooling 1 person out of 10, it's too much.

Question is, what now? Trade was (in his eyes /story) concluded fair and square. I would report this individual for scamming hopefully DE can from his trade logs really conclude bad intent and ban this person permanently. Hopefully.