Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven mod charts ?

Dark5eiD

Question

Good day all

Just wanted to know if there is a resource out there that has all possible outcomes for each riven mod. that way people would know if they want to invest kuva or not and if they have found their best case scenario roll for a mod so that they can stop putting kuva into it.

thanks

6 answers to this question

Just now, Trichouette said:

Since everything is possible because it's random, a chart would be... pretty big...

So big that even DE's server can't handle it :D

When they say its random, it is derived by an equation. Such an equation i am thinking can be put into excel or such. Knowing the community we have, I would not be surprised if someone made a chart displaying best possible rolls per weapon kinda thing. Or best possible dps roll per weapon....

19 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Since everything is possible because it's random, a chart would be... pretty big...

So big that even DE's server can't handle it :D

not exactly , say there are 3 stats on every riven out there , the stats that specific weapon can take are already limited , ie you got 4 elements 3 physical stats and some utility stats since the order of stats are displayed wont change the outcome it will limit the possible count even further so its totally possible to make a list :satisfied:

15 minutes ago, SilentManiaq said:

not exactly , say there are 3 stats on every riven out there , the stats that specific weapon can take are already limited , ie you got 4 elements 3 physical stats and some utility stats since the order of stats are displayed wont change the outcome it will limit the possible count even further so its totally possible to make a list :satisfied:

Not even close. There are about 1'900 different potential combinations out there between 2 plus, 2 plus 1 neg, 3 plus, 3 plus 1 neg. And that's only counting the combination of what the stat does and not the random nature of the % bonus / malus. If we assumed that each stat only had 10 potential values (they have a LOT more but that's beside the point), you'd have 1'900'000'000'000'000 - one point nine million billions potential combinations.
So, no. You wouldn't be able to do something like that.

What you could do would be something like figuring out the RNG algorythm and then figure the max/min numbers each mod can get.

Edited by Autongnosis

11 minutes ago, SilentManiaq said:

32 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

When they say its random, it is derived by an equation. Such an equation i am thinking can be put into excel or such. Knowing the community we have, I would not be surprised if someone made a chart displaying best possible rolls per weapon kinda thing. Or best possible dps roll per weapon....

Each mod can have 2 or 3 stats and have a malus or not. With the amount of different stats there are, the combinations are limited yes, but they are so numerous.

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Not even close. There are about 1'900 different potential combinations out there between 2 plus, 2 plus 1 neg, 3 plus, 3 plus 1 neg. And that's only counting the combination of what the stat does and not the random nature of the % bonus / malus. If we assumed that each stat only had 10 potential values (they have a LOT more but that's beside the point), you'd have 1'900'000'000'000'000 - one point nine million billions potential combinations.
So, no. You wouldn't be able to do something like that.

What you could do would be something like figuring out the RNG algorythm and then figure the max/min numbers each mod can get.

i dont know that much about rivens but ive only seen 3 or 4 variants of % of stats.But thinking and actually calculating it i started thinking you may be right but there has to be an algorithm to it, the possibilities cant be that much or we wouldnt see multiple copies of rivens but there are more than 1 of each riven i've seen it.