Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combative Pets

KnaveOfSwords

Question

Over-all, which pets (Kavats, Kubrows, Helminth Charger) are most effective for a pet to fight beside my Tenno?  It looks like the Helminth Charger has the best damage.  Raksa, Chesa, or Huras might have the best Precept mods for this sort of build (the Helminth aren't bad either).  Kavats suffer from lower damage, but get Pounce, Swipe, and Sharpened Claws.

I can theory-craft and number-crunch decently at this, but I have relatively little experience with any of them.  So, I'm hoping that people who've actually done more with their pets can help with which things actually work.

6 answers to this question

(Not this again) The best anwser i can give you is to try them for yourself and pick the one that suits you. You will have to get each of them at one time to get mastery points anyway. I personally prefer my Raksa over any other companion in the game.

Edited by Sketch065

Helminth charger has a good kill rate because of the 2 attack precepts, it also sometimes uses finishers on simaris targets holding them down for a second or 2, and the toxin is a nice bonus.
my personal favorite is the chesa, it can sometimes help save you with its disarm, also the added bonus of digging plants and finding resources.

Spoiler

And also the chesa can sometimes revive you if health orbs are near by. maybe unintended.

Edited by Trent22007

If you are looking for damage the most effective, I have found, is the charge attack. It sends the critter streaking through a straight line for some serious damage. 1 shotting Sortie 3 heavies. It will travel a set distance and hit everything on that path.

Kavats don't have this but swipe lets them take out groups of low level enemies in a single hit. Usually triggered when they jump off a vertical surface.

20 hours ago, Sketch065 said:

(Not this again) The best anwser i can give you is to try them for yourself and pick the one that suits you. You will have to get each of them at one time to get mastery points anyway. I personally prefer my Raksa over any other companion in the game.

Yeah, I figured that this is going to at least partly come down to me needing to find one that suits me, but was hoping to narrow things down a bit further before I started on that.

@KnaveOfSwords  As others have said, it's going to come down to personal preference.

Raksa are your tanks, and the "training wheels" for your fresh frames. Their taunt uptime is fantastic, allowing you just to sit back and deal with threats at your leisure.

Huras are for those who NEED stealth, before getting their hands on a stealth frame. Honestly, every spy vault has at least one walkaround that dodges the alarm system. Still, they're a nice rogue pet for melee frames.

Sunika are your pure DPS Kubrow. With their "VIP Takedown" mod, they shine in capture and assassination missions.

Sahasa are your badass bloodhounds, so to speak. Digging out every ammo/health/power/credit drop in a mission, while slaughtering anything that gets in its way. 

Chesa are the fearless jesters of Warframe. Nothing is more entertaining, than a room full of disarmed elites and a happy puppy with a medallion in its mouth.

Helminth Charger - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Helminth_Charger

Smeeta are loved for their charm mod. Though random (and nerfed), partnered with a Nekros for farming mission will prove bountiful.

Adarza raise everyone's crit chance. They're not replacing a correctly modded weapon, but they're a nice boost.

Edited by SkeinsOfFitzsimmons