The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With The Strict Nat Thingey

Cliffdove

Question

18 answers to this question

Strict nat type is on your end, not the systems. It's based off of your internet and usually comes around when you have a whole bunch of devices connected to one router or some carriers only allow strict nat types. Look up a tutorial on how to adjust your settings accordingly or try disconnecting unused devices. It goes like this

Open nat

Moderate nat

Strict nat

• Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
  • Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
  • Strict can ONLY connect to open.

^

This is where your connecting to other players problem comes in.

Edited by Miose

If you know how to access your router settings, a lot of routers also allow you to disable NAT completely. If you would like me to help you try this, drop me a PM.

Dropping NAT type completely is also a very bad idea for security reasons. This basically opens your router to everything. Not a good idea

Dropping NAT type completely is also a very bad idea for security reasons. This basically opens your router to everything. Not a good idea

Incorrect. NAT has very little benefit on the security of your connection. Most, if not all routers feature a comprehensive firewall, and accompanied with an updated OS (W7/W8, etc) toggling NAT should never be an issue. It's highly obsolete and not recommended at all for hosting/playing online games.

Edit: Referring to the NAT-toggle option that most routers have, which still leaves firewall up, and I do believe a basic NAT.

Edited by Churpy

Umm help would be appreciated. Also if I could get the instructions?

Alright, well I can try help in here if you want to tell me the make and (if possible) model of your router. You have to log into your router and disable NAT. It varies greatly for different routers.

Edited by Churpy

Type/paste "192.168.1.254" into your browser without the quotation marks. This should connect you to your router..it will ask for a username and password, which you should check the bottom of your router for. If you can't find anything there, guessing is always fun (don't be discouraged, I do it all the time successfully). I ran a quick internet search and you should try:

Username: admin
Password: 

Password: admin

Password: password

And yes, the first password is blank. Let me know if it lets you in or if you have any issues.

Edited by Churpy

Hi guys I hope you are well my friend and I have been having this problem for weeks now luckily we fixed ours today. Here is a link I used to get it to work I just followed the tutorial. I'll just paste the details below I hope it helps. Here's the Link : http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Warframe/

Port Forwarding Guides for Warframe

Please select your router's manufacturer from the list of manufactures below.

If you do not feel like figuring out how to forward ports manually, we have a simple software solution called PFConfig that can forward your ports for you automatically. We offer complete support for our product and will help you get your ports forwarded.

If you do not know exactly what you are doing or are having problems, Start Here.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Warframe/

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Altarisace

Note that even after configure your ports properly and you still get this error, the only remaining reason could very well be your ISP blocking port forwarding (as is in my case).

You can try to contact them to get it sorted out.

Thing I hate, is 90% of the time I don't have this NAT issue, then randomly one day I will. Next day I won't and it will be fine again. (No one else lives here, no other access to router), So I think the game itself also has issues reopening/closing ports after use when connecting. Damn coding bugs.

Note that even after configure your ports properly and you still get this error, the only remaining reason could very well be your ISP blocking port forwarding (as is in my case).

You can try to contact them to get it sorted out.

^This

Last ditch would be to DMZ it to test. If it works, you just need to look for the settings.

If it doesn't, check you ISP as Tul said.