Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Game Trading Scam

Alsonza

Question

So as I left Warframe for a few months straight and because of educational reasons I wanted to get rid of warframe and own items for a game that requires less time to play with friends which is called CS:GO . I had 2,65 k of it standing there for a bit and I made my excuse for this to try to buy them and I saw this scammer.I didn't know that this was illegal and nobody told me about that when I started because I didn't wanted to read the pages long Terms Of Service like most of people do .Adding up the each single item I have choosen was resulted to own the price as same as the amount I own (1 plat=6,7 US cents). 

After chatting about the pricing a few days ago (1 or 2 maybe) we were out there in a dojo for the trade and he was lacking of credits. I waited for him for a while but didn't really check the amount he actually had. I don't remember about a warning written in red saying that a partner is lacking of credits at the second time. Even after he/she (whatever) spent all that time calculating the prices and farming those levels and credit and all those stuff the result was a instant block and chat ignore. Is there anything I can do about this ? 

Edited by Haldos
Post moderated.

5 answers to this question

So you tried to sell your account in order to buy stuff in other games? And you "didn't know this was illegal"? How, exactly, did you not know that? No games out there allow that, it doesn't need to be spelled out. And even then, it is, but you yourself already admitted to neglecting to read the terms. Lastly, you're naming and shaming, which is against the rules of the forum.

You're on your own, buddy.

1 hour ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

So you tried to sell your account in order to buy stuff in other games? And you "didn't know this was illegal"? How, exactly, did you not know that? No games out there allow that, it doesn't need to be spelled out. And even then, it is, but you yourself already admitted to neglecting to read the terms. Lastly, you're naming and shaming, which is against the rules of the forum.

You're on your own, buddy.

It wasn't the whole account. Just platinum. Nevermind

Just now, Alsonza said:

It wasn't the whole account. Just platinum. Nevermind

Same difference. Trying to sell in-game stuff for out-of-game goods isn't allowed all the same, and DE isn't responsible for whatever happens regarding transactions carried this way.

Trading/Selling accounts is not permitted in warframe for any reason and is against the Terms of Service. 

Furthermore, trading for promises is not something DE reimburses if the trade goes wrong. 

There is nothing that can be done in this case, but if you would like official word on the matter, I would suggest speaking to Support here:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Locking thread, as there is nothing more to be done in this situation.