Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"shotgun only" sorties bug/oversight

UncaIroh

I noticed that people can bring other weapons into a "x weapon only" sorties, and if it's defense, they can give their secondary to the VIP and it'll work fine, even if the sortie is "shotgun only."

Working as intended or are we supposed to go back to "you have to unequip the other slots?"

20 minutes ago, Coalfax said:

I dont think this really matters all that much as when you give your 5 forma Aklex to the op, they get the advantage of a 0 forma unmodded gun to fire.  May as well equip them with a wet noodle.

Are you saying in general or in this shotgun sortie case? Because in general the operator gets all your mods along with the weapon. Haven't seen it in shotgun only sorties though. I know I tried giving him a gun via my operator as usual but it wasn't possible. Didn't try with the frame though.

They get the gun, but while the mods are still operational on it, they do not activate.  This is easily seen by giving them the aforementioned Aklex after you skewer a few Grenner with is, and they then proceed to shoot a clip into another Grineer while it stares at them and laughs.

The only real sidearm that is worth giving to the hostage is the Sonicor as ragdoll is ragdoll, regardless of damage

1 hour ago, Coalfax said:

They get the gun, but while the mods are still operational on it, they do not activate.  This is easily seen by giving them the aforementioned Aklex after you skewer a few Grenner with is, and they then proceed to shoot a clip into another Grineer while it stares at them and laughs.

The only real sidearm that is worth giving to the hostage is the Sonicor as ragdoll is ragdoll, regardless of damage

Can't say that's my experience, they do get my secondaries fully modded and functional and proceed to murder with it. Easiest example is probably a concealed explosives hikou prime, they'll just carpet bomb the map with it - if the mod didn't work they couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spec-gineff said:

I thought the update 19.8.1 has fixed that issue

nope, that's the patch that created the issue. Not entirely sure if it's a bug or a feature though, after all the operative cannot equip anything but secondary weapons so it might be an intentional exception to the sortie rules. I have not seen an official statement about this.