Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Glitching Out

Krumnaug

Question

I've been trying to do the War Within quest line recently, and I've run into several crippling glitches.

The first glitch happened right after the first encounter with the Grineer Queens, when you wake back up on your orbiter.  The sound and subtitles loaded just fine, but the graphics didn't - I was basically stuck at the loading screen while Ordis wailed, unable to actually do anything.  I had to force a restart, at which point the scene loaded successfully and I was able to move on.

The second glitch happened right after the vision in the cave, when you have to make your first dialogue choice, choosing between the Light, Dark or Neutral responses.  The responses themselves never loaded however - the camera just focused in on my Operator's face for about 30 seconds, then the game continued on like nothing had happened, without ever giving me a chance to choose a response or even giving me a hint of what response it had chosen for me.  Since this sort of thing is going to affect my Good/Evil ending, I'm a bit concerned about it.

The third and most troublesome glitch happened during the final leg of the cave, when you have to take control of the Golden Maw.  I'm not sure what the problem is, but the graphics for the cavern didn't seem to load correctly - the whole area where they're burrowing around is pitch-dark, with only faint glimmers of light that are too dim to see by (I've seen youtube videos of this leg of the quest, which show the cavern as much more brightly lit).  I can't even really see the Maws, let alone target them.  Even when I did finally manage to grab one by sheer luck, I couldn't see where I was going, and wound up burrowing into a wall and getting stuck.  When I restarted the game, I found myself back at the beginning of the cave area (right after the interaction with the Ayatan Sculpture), meaning I'd have to repeat the infuriating Maw rooms all over again (the controls for the Void Dash in particular are ungodly awkward on my computer, making that leg of things extremely hard for me to complete).

Has anyone else encountered bugs like these, and if so, is there a fix?   

6 answers to this question

Try to switch the HUD on in the options if you've turned it off. If that's not the case then i can't help you, When i was repeating the quest i wanted to make some cool screenshots, so i've turned it off. Simmilary to your situation this presented me with few glitches in the caves section.

First one was really anoying. Whenever i've died the respawn "cutscene" didn't want to show up causing the game to softlock. There were luckily checkpoints, but there were just too many Maws causing me to restart the game over and over again because of me dying a lot.

Second and third one was the same as yours second and third one. However at the last Golden Maw part i had bit of that red light from the choice cutscene, still, it was enought just to see one meter ahead of my tenno, so that transcendece thing was impossible to do.

All of these problems magically went away as soon as I turned the HUD back on.

24 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Have you tried to verify and optimize the game's download cache?

Reveal hidden contents

BUlfuVy.png

What will that do specifically?  I had to adjust my settings a while back because of the Host Disconnect bug.

My laptop is about 7+ years old, running DirectX 10.1.  Not sure if that's an issue, though I remember DE saying they'd been careful with the update to make sure it could run even on terrible machines.

2 minutes ago, Krumnaug said:

What will that do specifically?  I had to adjust my settings a while back because of the Host Disconnect bug.

That will fix any mistakes it finds with the game files, like missing or corrupted files, and if there happens to be any leftover files from previous builds that are no longer being used, it should also remove those.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:21 PM, NieZnaszMniePL said:

Try to switch the HUD on in the options if you've turned it off. If that's not the case then i can't help you, When i was repeating the quest i wanted to make some cool screenshots, so i've turned it off. Simmilary to your situation this presented me with few glitches in the caves section.

First one was really anoying. Whenever i've died the respawn "cutscene" didn't want to show up causing the game to softlock. There were luckily checkpoints, but there were just too many Maws causing me to restart the game over and over again because of me dying a lot.

Second and third one was the same as yours second and third one. However at the last Golden Maw part i had bit of that red light from the choice cutscene, still, it was enought just to see one meter ahead of my tenno, so that transcendece thing was impossible to do.

All of these problems magically went away as soon as I turned the HUD back on.

How do I know if the HUD is on or off?  The layout is different when it's just your Operator vs. when you're running with a Warframe, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for to indicate if it's off or not.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Have you tried to verify and optimize the game's download cache?

Reveal hidden contents

BUlfuVy.png

This seems to have fixed the problem!  I was able to play through the War Within the other night without issue.  Thank you so much for the help!