Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Team-Oriented Abilities

PirateTrade

So we have now a squad buff for weapon damage, movement speed, and melee attack speed.  Doesn't this leave Saryn's contagion out?  What if Rhino's roar of awesome only applied to gun damage and Saryn's contagion turned into a squad melee damage buff?

Thoughts?

i for one, wouldn't mind, but, i do like Rhino Roar affect my melee damage, since one of my cell members is a Rhino user. And i tend to be more melee oriented than gun :p

But... i would, suggest, double mod. for example

Saryn Contagion - single player 60%

Saryn conatgion 2 - cell 30%

not sure why one needs to be limited to allow for another.

i also dont see a need to get an already powerful frame more power.

rhino and volt where lagging behind, they got some buffs to compensate.

raw damage output is more than reason enough to take saryn. altho that is not to say im against more team friendly skills. just that saryn wouldnt be the first place id look to add them.

I can agree that Saryn is definitely not one of the lesser frames, but I do hardly ever use Contagion unless I'm just messing around and it seems redundant to me to have a frame with a group buff to all weapon damage and another frame with a single person buff to only melee damage.

@PirateTrade

Contagion adds a new element, poison, to your melee attacks which ignores armor and any other damage resistances.

With a maxed focus and contagion a Saryn will deal 108% of the weapons base damage against anything she hits, gaurenteed, even if the enemy she is attack would normally have taken no damage at all from her melee attack due to resistances.

The Rhino Roar on the other hand just gives a 50% damage boost, meaning that if the enemy has high enough resistances to your weapons elements you might not be dealing much, if any, damage to them.

Further Roar and Contagions poison damage do not stack.

not sure why one needs to be limited to allow for another.

i also dont see a need to get an already powerful frame more power.

rhino and volt where lagging behind, they got some buffs to compensate.

raw damage output is more than reason enough to take saryn. altho that is not to say im against more team friendly skills. just that saryn wouldnt be the first place id look to add them.

I don't see how Saryn will become more powerful than what she already is by boosting other player's melee. She already has that ability, why not share the benefits of it? It is not as if she will get an extra buff other than what the ability itself does already.

• 3 weeks later...

Having team oriented abilities seems to be where the train is taking us, but why stop at looking at abilities?

The power system focuses on 25, 50, 75, and 100 energy abilities. (Okay, not ALL Warframes follow it, but it's the basic formula we're seeing)

If we're looking to add some diversity to the game so people can play two Warframes without the monotony of being the same, minus perhaps a helmet.. Why not suggest something similar to the Aura system?

A fifth power slot that can house one of two or three abilities. The slot is made specifically for a temporary boost to party effectiveness. For instance, take Rhino Roar and make it either melee, ranged, or power strength. Same ability, one of three uses depending on your play style.

BEFORE YOU COMMENT THAT IT'S WHAT AURAS DO

I did mention a temporary boost. Think of it as an Ultimate Alternative - you can either use your 100 energy to kill things around you, or use your 100 energy to give your party a boost. (this would also cut down on volt spamming speed. It's nice, but also friggin annoying.)