Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested weaponry for beginners

EdwinHunter585

Question

So you've joined a clan and you've gained access to these amazing new weapons and you just so happen to want to make an infested loadout and are picking your weaponry, but what do you choose? there's so many options and choices available but which one will suit you? I'm here to give you a little guidance on this in lameman's terms from one "noob" to another to help get you sorted.

primaries:

phage, this is a shotgun of sorts for people wanting the shotgun experience but with the infested look. However this does act a little more like a laser weapon so maybe learn with a laser type weapon first before buying into this.

Torid, This is a gas based rpg. There isnt a ton to say but it may take some getting used to if you haven't used any grineer weapons which is the base of this weapon

Acrid, this is a slow firing acid rifle similar to the boltor so maybe get comfy with it or a bow before taking on the acrid. Fun fact this weapon was temporarily in the grineer research bay but was moved over

Hema, this is a toxic burston rifle that you reload with your own health so don't reload it willy nilly like you might with other guns. It gives some pretty good damage and even returns a player's health for headshots so learn to start picking off people with headshots before picking this one up. 

mutalist quanta, this is a machine gun for the infested but it still has that corpus feel to it and gives you the ability to launch masses of infested into the air. Not a lot to say its a pretty good crowd controller though

paracyst, a fully infested version of the mutalist quanta design wise but that's where the similarities end. This weapon can fire a harpoon much like some of the melee enemies in the game can damaging the opponent and reeling them back to you for easy murder from a melee. It also still has the rapid fire mech too still so you can either drag enemies to their doom or just unload on them, a nice difference.

synapse, an odd rifle though it appears as a sword when you first see it, this lightning rod rifle seems to mirror some corus weapons or volt's first ability except in a continuous stream. The odd part is reloading the rifle where your warframe will hold it over their head almost like they're trying to get it struck by lightning to repower it. Corpus laser weapons are a must before using this one.

secondaries:

toxocysts, these pistols are a very interesting set of guns to use and are personally a favorite of mine. When you're just firing them they feel very heavy and damaging almost like a set of aklex dealing massive damage at a slow rate, however after a headshot you get access to a form that feels less like the aklex and more like the boltace. The barrels split and the pistols glow and they fire infinitely as fast as you can pull the trigger for a few seconds. These might not be for you though if you aren't used to a weapon having multiple firing types as the switch is a very jarring thing to experience

embolist, think of a hand held flamethrower here. this pistol is another good crowd control weapon and fires an AOE effect of poison and handles very well but its range leaves something to be desired. Good for being stuck in the middle of a horde on a survival but dont rely on it for everything and bring a good high fire rate DPS rifle with you.

Pox, these are kind of like throwing knives or kunai only they strike and explode giving off gas to attack a small area. These are strong against small groups and solo enemies but unlike the embolist you aren't gonna be tanking a crowd of people with these in one go but they will handle well if your aim is good

melee:

Mios, the sword most people look at first from infested weaponry sports a whip to strike out at enemies while you finish them with the blade. Not too game changing

scoliac, personally I have not use this weapon yet but from reviewing it this appears to be a toxic edged whip with a pretty skin.

Dual ichor, these are a set of hatchets with a poison effect and a reskin; not really worth it but to those players who wanted a little more from the grineer hatchets these are for you

Caustacyst, this is an infested scythe that lets you launch a rolling wave of acid towards your enemies, if you play overwatch think of it like Reinhardt's hammer effect and you should be fine. Also try to drop the wave of acid somewhere more contained to force enemies onto it for more damage

Cerata, this is an infested themed glaive, not sure what else to say

sentinels:

Djinn is a pretty standard sentinel but its definitely for those looking for a fighting based sentinel so dont pick him up lightly. His weapon is a dart gun which is ok but its recommended to pick up another sentinel's weapon that you may like more for him just in case. (NOTE: Picking up another sentinel weapon requires building that sentinel)

And that's all the current infested weaponry from the dojo, pick a set that suits you best and feel free to drop your own comments on these weapons here to help other players. Note that if I suggest training with another weapon before getting one of these it usually means that its mechanics are a little trickier than it seems from the description and you should probably at least consider before picking it up. Also expect updates should new infested weaponry drop. happy hunting!

5 answers to this question

Not sure if you are intentionally focused on clan tech weapons and leaving out the market ones, but the Tysis (from the market) should be a staple infested weapon in any player's arsenal.  100% status chance (with a couple of mods) and corrosive base damage make it a very useful weapon.  A much slower fire rate than the acrid but the same type of non-hitscan projectile.

Hey first thanks for everyone throwing up some info for other new players as well as myself. Firstly to Agent_CHAR No I did not mean to miss any non clan based infested weaponry and in fact plan to update this with those weapons I just haven't gotten 'round to it with school work and all that. Second apologies for mislabeling the Acrid I haven't kept all these weapons on my character since I dont have hundreds to drop on plat for weapon and warframe slots so yeah im sure a few are mislabeled for their slot type and I will also change this as well. And finally if you see something missing like I said feel free to add it on as a comment here. One of you mentioned the lesion and if you feel like it got shafted (is that a pun?) feel free to throw up a quick and simple description of it a new player can understand. Anyways thats all from me I'm currently fighting school, a splitting headache, hunger and probably some Noro virus so I'm going to go lay down now. And thanks for commenting

Important sidenote:

The toxocyst is THE weapon for Mesa. It is not only a well balanced, dual-wieldet secondary and thus gains a fire-rate bonus trough her passive but you also get a pretty significant bonus to peacemaker while the headshot-passive is active. It's the only secondary in the game to do so.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108