The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Opness

geninrising

Here's a thought. What are the highest base stats for Rhino? Armor and Shields correct? Why can't Iron Skin have base damage caps depending on mod rank, Rank 1 2 3 which it has. And this damage cap is then increased based on the amount of shields and armor the Rhino has. I really don't want to do math but why can't it just be that simple?

I dont know Rhino is pretty great even end game imo.

the stomp has a GREAT range, damage and stasis/stun. and the Roar is REALLY great to use against those tough Achent's/other units that take a good 5 min wailing to kill

charge is similar to S+D so nothing to complain about there. and the Iron Skin is great to use offensively and defensively....

I hadn't used Rhino for a while since I was busy leveling up other frames, but when I came back to him I remembered why I just LOVE to use him. the ONLY reason why I use frames like Frost more is because half of the time one is needed in some runs. Frost is easier to use.... Rhino requires more... finesse. and I like that.

So I was running FP in a game with two of my friends, a Rhino (maxed out with full mod cap, tater, forma) and an Ember (still working it's way up, tater, hasn't forma'd).

Then Raptor swoops down.  Rhino dies in a few hits.  Ember runs to ress the Rhino outside of my Snow Globe, takes a bunch of hits to the face, and is fine.

When the non-tank high DPS frame can tank better than the ACTUAL tank of the game, there is a problem.  'Nuff said.

Edited by Ithloniel

The issue is how things scale.

Ember can get up to 90% DR with proper mods but if Overheat isn't running she folds almost like paper.

Rhino while not invicible as he used to be (and every Rhino player I know won't shut up till he get's invulnerability back it seems). Without that though in most normal sectors of play he lasts far longer. T3 Defense is meant to be hard and maybe need Nightmare Mods to combat better.

I trust they will look into this but it's all about overall survival. The big issue I always see isn't the frames it's enemy scaling. The system seems to break down past level 100.

The issue is how things scale.

Ember can get up to 90% DR with proper mods but if Overheat isn't running she folds almost like paper.

Rhino while not invicible as he used to be (and every Rhino player I know won't shut up till he get's invulnerability back it seems). Without that though in most normal sectors of play he lasts far longer. T3 Defense is meant to be hard and maybe need Nightmare Mods to combat better.

I trust they will look into this but it's all about overall survival. The big issue I always see isn't the frames it's enemy scaling. The system seems to break down past level 100.

I don't think enemy scaling is the big issue, but rather the scaling of hard numbers on powers.  That's why having armor affect Iron Skin could fix the issue.  Hell, giving armor a good buff makes sense too, on top of that.