Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Players Even More Reasons To Use Only Charge Attacks

Hatr

Good job DE, really good job! Now even infested can stun-lock you. I picked up ether daggers because they were effective against infested, fun to use too.. but now that any runner and leaper can knock you down it is way too annoying, i can't even hit the runners when infested come in horders and they explode one after another keeping me on the damn ground till they kill themselves, going to take back my lovely GRAM and spam charge attacks like used to do,

people thought the game was too easy, now its gets more complicated. this is what  people wanted, albeit not in this manner but hey.

This is not a way to increase game difficulty.. to make some weapons unusable, nobody likes to get stun-locked anyway. I just get knocked down then i watch how they suicide in front of me.. that's all

...hwhat?

Instead of writing your oppinion, you troll.. good job mate

Edited by Hatr

There have been numerous posts regarding Runners in the past, the general consensus has been that most issues have to do with player ability and not the enemy itself.

If you're having issues dealing with Runners, keep in mind these strategies:

-get to higher ground

-knock them down (flying kick, jump attack, other knockdowns)

-bait their detonations

-use backflips, front flips, rolls, flying kicks, slides, or wall runs to avoid their blast zones

Leapers...I've hardly heard any complaints about them. They don't lead their leaps, so if you're running they'll hardly ever get you - even then, they're one-hit kills in mid-air and immediately after leaping, so Sentinels or abilities wreak havoc on them.

All 'frames have a good in-game kit to deal with all the enemies, it's just up to you whether you use it or go into the enemy mindlessly mashing the melee button.

There have been numerous posts regarding Runners in the past, the general consensus has been that most issues have to do with player ability and not the enemy itself.

If you're having issues dealing with Runners, keep in mind these strategies:

-get to higher ground

-knock them down (flying kick, jump attack, other knockdowns)

-bait their detonations

-use backflips, front flips, rolls, flying kicks, slides, or wall runs to avoid their blast zones

Leapers...I've hardly heard any complaints about them. They don't lead their leaps, so if you're running they'll hardly ever get you - even then, they're one-hit kills in mid-air and immediately after leaping, so Sentinels or abilities wreak havoc on them.

All 'frames have a good in-game kit to deal with all the enemies, it's just up to you whether you use it or go into the enemy mindlessly mashing the melee button.

then what's the point of that fast fire rate of daggers if not to take multiple enemies down, then any longsword could do the same job..

Would you rather hear my opinion of how good you are at games?

Instead of that, will you tell me the point of using ether daggers against infested if they aren't that usefull anymore? I could take any longsword to do the same job

I am a strong believer in the sentiment that a lot of the enemies in this game merely require a bit of player ingenuity to deal with effectively, and runners still fall under that category. I don't even have a problem that they can knock you down when you're standing on solid ground. I'd just like to ask that the visual effects for their self-destruct be a little bit more indicative of its actual range. I'm still unsure of just how far away I need to be from them to avoid being staggered, and the size of the explosion seems just a little bit on the ridiculous side for enemies that attack you in large groups. Help people know exactly how to avoid getting stunlocked by suicide attacks and they'll only have themselves to blame if the problem persists.

then what's the point of that fast fire rate of daggers if not to take multiple enemies down, then any longsword could do the same job..

The point of those daggers is pointed at one enemy at a time. They're made for taking down one enemy at a time. Taking down multiple enemies is for dual swords.

Instead of that, will you tell me the point of using ether daggers against infested if they aren't that usefull anymore? I could take any longsword to do the same job

Are they even 30 + Potato'd?

Enjoy your Skana.

Just don't use them on runners. I'm using Fang right now (though that's a bit different of a situation from Ether Daggers,) and they do fine against Chargers, Leapers, etc. I find that unless you've got a fast weapon with good reach, you're better off not charging into melee with runners. If you can't one-shot them, don't try.

Enjoy your Skana.

rank 20 potatoed, pressure point, molten and north wind maxed

If i'm going for 2-3 infested glaive should be enough too, i see no point in using daggers that are good only against infested.. and actually aren't

Enjoy your Skana.

Very constructive. You'd make an excellent teacher. /sarcasm

Whether or not a weapon is viable shouldn't come down to its performance at max level when equipped with a power booster, it should come down to its overall performance from when it just starts out to when it is completely customized. The OP is using the wrong weapon for the intended job, but that's beside the point. You've done an excellent job of completely ignoring the actually valid questions they've raised in favor of flaunting a condescending elitist attitude.

When you actually take the time to pay attention to the content of the thread, the OP is completely correct in their claim that making the Infested more potent melee combatants on account of their stunlocking capabilities simply makes normal melee attacks even more obsolete than they were before. This should hopefully be fixed with the advent of Update 9, but that doesn't change the fact that the effectiveness of normal melee attacks compared to the effectiveness of charge attacks is a significant issue. Especially in the case of daggers/dual daggers/longswords, which don't really have much going for them aside from attack speed. That's problematic when attack speed really only makes a significant difference for normal attacks, which are as mentioned above, obsolete.