Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Squadmates starting a mission while others are still on the loading screen results in buggy behaviour

Eschenholz

It's possible for members of a squad to start a new mission with the timer function while others are still on the loading screen coming from a previous mission. Not only does this force them into another mission, it can also result in extremely long loading screens or inability to move and open the menu inside the mission.

Yeah, this isn't fun.

Bugframe%2020170212a.jpg

Forced into a new mission, stuck looking at the summary screen of the previous one, Alt+F4 is my only escape.

:(
Besides simply fixing getting stuck like this I'd like there to e.g. be an option to
auto-leave Squads right after Extraction and / or mission votes requiring everyone to actually, well, be present.

This sort of issue happens to me fairly frequently as my computer isn't the best. To add to this: if a vote is initiated (but the timer not started) while I'm in a loading screen, I become unable to vote on the selected mission and the squad UI sort of spreads out and some elements start overlapping. If the mission is started while I'm still loading into the orbiter, then when I do load into the new game I'm completely unable to do anything. Escape menu, camera and character movement, ability use--none of the in-game controls work. At best I'm able to use the chat and at least explain why I'm not doing anything.

Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with the latter a whole lot, as so far it's only happened doing boss speed-runs with a familiar squad, but the former happens on a daily basis, almost as often as the dreaded "Host Migration in Progress."