Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova fluctuating pwr% tactic usefulness?

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

so on many frames a stable % of power output is a desire

but now ive been on many missions were some criticized the slow rate of novas and  speed/slow have their uses 

now what if you could scale a nova to be a speed and or a slow with 1 build? 

i took this to heart in a desire to see feasibility and usefulness in testing it was ..well interesting experience

i did this out of curiosity 

now a nova with flat 100% damage is my control [yes i have multiple nova primes.. why ... testing is fun for me ...] 

using growing power with energy conversion scales the nova power to be within these ranges

100-125-150-175 

how does this work? [for those who do not know the mods] 

growing power with 25% on status application of enemies

energy conversion with 50% when grabbing an energy orb 

50+25=75  

now using what im calling the flux nova build control unit [high duration , and a cunning drift to slightly buff range] 

starting in sorties def for best test results i began saturating with a 100% 4 pwr cast

this made enemies 50% slow, not much really] but applied damage buffs of 4 

the first wave rushed, i then used weapons to apply status to then cast a 125% 4

then recast on 150 % and then recast on 175% 

[using a sentinal to grab pwr orbs is beneficial] 

the end result was mobs of the first wave being slaughtered relatively fast , and into the harder part of the waves they were more heavily slowed 

this created a good balance of slow rates intermixed

it was chaotic but it was simple to employ

using a glass cannon strategy with sancti tigris and anti matter absorb made quick work of enemies

so it came off as viable but im skeptical of the overal use  

6 answers to this question

Nice little experiment - you're not the only one, I have two Nova Prime that I switch between, one for speed, one for slow... I would love to know if this works to convert a speed nova to a slova - would growing power activate additively? Speed nova is down to 40% power, so if the upper range goes to 115% you would lose the speed when you hit with a status weapon?

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

Nice little experiment - you're not the only one, I have two Nova Prime that I switch between, one for speed, one for slow... I would love to know if this works to convert a speed nova to a slova - would growing power activate additively? Speed nova is down to 40% power, so if the upper range goes to 115% you would lose the speed when you hit with a status weapon?

basically with my slow experiment it can bring you up , but gp is easy to proc and energy is conditional

so in theory this could get a 40% to a 65% with gp  and then 115% with energy conversion theoretically making a slow nova into a moderate slow 

Just now, --Faiz-- said:

I'm pretty sure energy conversion is enough for slova as the speed reduction is capped at 75% (145% power strength).

it was a control test in all honesty, a growing power or  intensify is easier to proc if your going from a base of 100% 

as is aid its a control range of testign the buff 

[as i also was using the energy conversion buff to amp damage with anti matter and null stars] 

Definitely an interesting concept. The only main issue with getting it to work is having a group with GP, or finding a way to make energy orb more available. the latter is possible with a specific melee weapon

For further testing purposes, at least for EC, you can always use the Broken Scepter in Simulacrum vs Corpus. The MOAs should spawn energy orbs instead of health orbs.

2 hours ago, Ruby_Rose_ said:

Definitely an interesting concept. The only main issue with getting it to work is having a group with GP, or finding a way to make energy orb more available. the latter is possible with a specific melee weapon

For further testing purposes, at least for EC, you can always use the Broken Scepter in Simulacrum vs Corpus. The MOAs should spawn energy orbs instead of health orbs.

yes that worked well 

in terms of with machine enemies , i dont think equilibrium works , so one could also use the kubrow who can dig up the orbs or sentinels that can vacuum it 

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes that worked well 

in terms of with machine enemies , i dont think equilibrium works , so one could also use the kubrow who can dig up the orbs or sentinels that can vacuum it 

EQ will not trigger either Health Conversion or Energy Conversion. Because you have to specifically pick up that a " Health Orb or Energy orb", not "An orb that gives health AND energy"