Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rapid Pulse - New Mod Acquired For Laser Rifles

DreadScourge

Greetings, Tenno.

We have uncovered an ancient module card that taps into raw energy resonances and super charges them.

f945.jpg

The Orokin have stored this module in massive amounts, so there are plenty to go around - should you trek the void yourself to obtain it.

09s8.jpg

Installing this mod will greatly increase the speed of laser projectiles from the Dera, Supra, and Lanka, as well as any energy-pulse rifles we may discover in the future.

That is all.

Oh - and happy hunting Tenno.

Artist's Note

Hey again guys!

You may remember me from the "Underclocking Mods" thread. It almost reached 300 thumbs-ups thanks to you guys! I don't expect the same response for this creation but I would greatly appreciate feedback, even if this mod is rather straightforward. Thank you for your time!

Edited by DreadScourge

Yay let's make the super OP weapons in this game even more super OP!

The idea is that, to make it less like punching the baby in the face and eating the candy from its unconscious hand before throwing it out of the window, you need to think about where you're aiming, at least. As much as all the elitists complain that they can't handle projectile prediction, these guns do not need improving.

+1 for art though.

Greetings, Tenno.

We have uncovered an ancient module card that taps into raw energy resonances and super charges them.

f945.jpg

The Orokin have stored this module in massive amounts, so there are plenty to go around - should you trek the void yourself to obtain it.

09s8.jpg

Installing this mod will greatly increase the speed of laser projectiles from the Dera, Supra, and Lanka, as well as any energy-pulse rifles we may discover in the future.

That is all.

Oh - and happy hunting Tenno.

Artist's Note

Hey again guys!

You may remember me from the "Underclocking Mods" thread. It almost reached 300 thumbs-ups thanks to you guys! I don't expect the same response for this creation but I would greatly appreciate feedback, even if this mod is rather straightforward. Thank you for your time!

Way too expensive, noone would use this (same for penetrating bullets, metaul auger etc.). You could get 2 lvl 9 elements instead of double projectile speed.

a touch expensive but, I would forma my Dojo weapon 4 more times to get it on!

and grind Xp for another week to do this, WHILE SPENDING MONEY ON AFFINITY BOOSTERS..

MONEY THAT GOES TO DE!!!.......    CASH   MONEY.....

Edited by Tatersail

a touch expensive but, I would forma my Dojo weapon 4 more times to get it on!

and grind Xp for another week to do this, WHILE SPENDING MONEY ON AFFINITY BOOSTERS..

MONEY THAT GOES TO DE!!!.......    CASH   MONEY.....

Yeah I wanted to make it much more expensive than I originally had it because this changes how the weapon works on a grand scale. Since Metal Auger is so expensive but doesn't work on laser weapons, I figured this could take the place of that, but of course be more expensive.

The idea is that, to make it less like punching the baby in the face and eating the candy from its unconscious hand before throwing it out of the window, you need to think about where you're aiming, at least. As much as all the elitists complain that they can't handle projectile prediction, these guns do not need improving.

Little harsh there. Also I've made the mod cost more since it's a game changer, so hopefully that makes it seem less OP?

+1 for art though.

Super OP? Lmao the Supra sure, but its accuracy is garbage so projectile speed would be slightly pointless. However the Dera could use something like this and the Lanka really needs it as its current speed is quite pathetic for a "Sniper" weapon (And after 4 formas into it I should know).

+1 for art though.

Dera OP? Lol.

I've covered this elsewhere: "Projectile prediction" i.e. leading isn't a problem; I know how to lead targets - I use pretty much every weapon in the game that has travel time. The Dera's round is so incredibly slow that a stationary enemy has time to duck into cover or sidestep the round after it leaves the weapon; at typical rifle ranges, your lead distance on a moving target needs to be greater than some rooms... good luck hitting a target that isn't blind, oblivious to the fact it's being shot at, or drunk.

If you take the wiki's figure on its projectile speed (50 m/s) as being accurate (my own testing pegs it somewhat lower), That means you're looking at a full second of flight time for the round to reach 50 meters... it takes less time for someone to acquire you as a target, fire an aimed round and duck back into cover at that range, I know because that's the standard I and a few thousand other guys were held to at Ft. Benning.

It's a case where a mod shouldn't even be necessary.

This is so awesome! I want one! :D

It's so hard hitting enemies at long range with the Dera because enemies move so much. Makes its 100% accuracy and zero recoil a bit useless on that part.

Yeah it really is a big pain in the &#! at times. Especially with the enemy AI making Grineer run around, turning on a dime instantly.