Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space...

kageshi1

So, is it me or do warframes breath in space or can survive in space?

There is two things that contradict, yet, support this new lore...

First is the fact that at the end of each mission, tennos strap themselves to a escape pod, however they are on the out side and exposed to the vaccum of space.

Now the contradicting part is when you break glass in a space ship and you loose health/shield for exposing yourself to the vaccum of space, you can die...

Am I the only one, that find this strange?

If there is some supporting factor here that tennos CAN survive in the vaccum of space and can explain why they are externally escaping using a escape pod that can only be escaped VIA riding on the outside. Then the possibility of having tiles or missions where you have to get from point A to point B VIA walking on the outside of the ship, might be an interesting gameplay feeling.

However, the idea of this dmg from vaccum of space, and the escaping into the vaccum of space might need to be thought out a little more...

lets us assume that warframes when in a breathable atmosphere use the air around them, such as on a ship. and when they are departing they close thier breathers and are then in a sealed suit with its own oxygen supply. we can assume that if this is the case that they can only hold a limited amount of oxygen so its best to not be wasteful on ship and in breathable atmospheres. this is why you have to secure the ship so you have enough oxygen to survive the space flight out.

on a side note we can assume that when they "strap in" they have a source of oxygen being supplied to them from the underside of that ship.

we can also note that when the ship leaves it "closes" and we cannot see if the warframe is then brought inside (which makes more sense).

all of these are suitable explanations, otherwise yes it is bizarre but i have thought my way around strange logics.

think of the warframes as a space suit because almost any suit that completly covers your body(witch has no holes or openings) can also protect you from the vaccum of space since your body fluids can't be sucked out but if this is so. how do the tenno breath under their suits?just as Zhoyzu says they might be able to store oxygen in their suits witch might be possible 

Edited by Rawmelon789

think of the warframes as a space suit because almost any suit that completly covers your body(witch has no holes or openings) can also protect you from the vaccum of space since your body fluids can't be sucked out but if this is so. how do the tenno breath under their suits?just as Zhoyzu says they might be able to store oxygen in their suits witch might be possible 

If this is true then why does a tenno get hurt from a toxin enemy, or when the space window is broken?

The Vaccum of space hurts the frame.

I think if a frame were to just be in sapce its would survive fine, its the suction of the air rapidly escaping the compressed ship into space that hurts.

That said, Gas poisons can apparently penetrate a Warframe. The fact that they can implies the warframes aren't entirely sealed, and theres no oxygen supply for you in space.

Edited by Oizen

The Vaccum of space hurts the frame.

I think if a frame were to just be in sapce its would survive fine, its the suction of the air rapidly escaping the compressed ship into space that hurts.

That said, Gas poisons can apparently penetrate a Warframe. The fact that they can implies the warframes aren't entirely sealed, and theres no oxygen supply for you in space.

Except you're forgetting that poison hurts people in the first place because its damaging to organic matter. It just enters the body through respiratory systems in the form of a gas. So while tenno probably dont breathe in poison. the poison itself may actually be acidic or caustic. Which means it can eat away at organic materials through corrosion. (Or even synthetic materials if potent enough.)

Given that tenno make no sound. Even when struck or knocked down or even in pain, i would imagine that tenno are completely sealed inside of a suit. It just makes sense.

The whole idea of space hurting a tenno is silly and needs to be removed, imo. The whole thing doesnt make sense. If the vacuum is so strong that it can hurt you, (and not even the enemies themselves.) Then it should be strong enough to pull you off the ground along with everything else in the room.