Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime: Heavy Caliber or No?

DEATHLOK

Question

I'm not seeing hall-clearing; I'm seeing a lot of misses unless I'm close enough to use a melee weapon.

Using Ratka Cernos at hand-to-hand ranges has been counter-intuitive. I see many builds for Cernos Prime forcing the same play style. So, I'm not even sure it's worthwhile.

Anyone getting satisfactory results without Heavy Caliber? I'm not talking about low-level stuff; you can take on an army with a wet towel at low level. I'm talking about enemies including high-level Sortie foes.

7 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I'm not seeing hall-clearing; I'm seeing a lot of misses unless I'm close enough to use a melee weapon.

Using Ratka Cernos at hand-to-hand ranges has been counter-intuitive. I see many builds for Cernos Prime forcing the same play style. So, I'm not even sure it's worthwhile.

Anyone getting satisfactory results without Heavy Caliber? I'm not talking about low-level stuff; you can take on an army with a wet towel at low level. I'm talking about enemies including high-level Sortie foes.

Heavy Caliber used to be perfectly fine on the Cernos Prime because up to the 19.11.2 it shared the same perk of Artemis Bow, being it was entirely unaffected by Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty.

That was fixed. Now Heavy Caliber makes the Cernos Prime completely unuseable for some reason, way worse than what happens with other bows like Paris Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos. I personally switched to Bladed Rounds. The damage increase is more or less the same if you can stomach the aiming part.

As far as its useability for higher end gameplay: in my experience it works, but it has some differences from conventional bows. I liked it way more for Volt shield camps for example. For mobile gameplay, i love how is interacts with Mirage's Hall of Mirrors - try it.

it's not the best bow in the game by far, but it works for "balanced" content, which is starchart, Trials, Kuva Floods and Sorties.

Don't expect to bring it to a proper endurance run though.