Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Noobism Now! Educate Players About Exp Share Mechanics!

MattHarrigan

DE, please teach new players how experience in this game is shared between players. People - even with Rank 4 or higher - still don't seem to have grasped how or if exp is shared in this game at all. It's god damn annoying!

If you haven't noticed: new players seem to think that exp isnt shared and they actually need to make kills to level up, which even is detrimental to their own progress. This is why new players often act like jerks in missions - running off towards enemy spawn areas to get the most kills etc.

Having all players know how it works would make public defense much more enjoyable, cause they then would realize that they need to stay within a distance 45m (correct me if I'm wrong) of each other.

I think there are already hints about this mechanic but obviously it's not enough. Please, create some kind of how to, loading screen, or even a mastery rank test to check if they have understood this.

Loading screen tips/hints would be an invaluable addition to this game.

This^ x11^5. Let tooltips teach them everything. How to get BPs, how exp works, how to mod... the works.

I pretty much consider threads like "It's BS To Pay For So Much!" to be spam at this point.

I have seen rank 9 players soloing defense missions on the other side of the map XD. There needs to be an unskippable tutorial video that has to be watched at least once.

Shows how much you know about warframe, players solo farm the first 5 levels of defence missions like xini to farm rare resources, and now void keys. Most folks who group for defence do so to farm mods and want to get into the higher levels looking for the best reward they can v’s escalating difficulty. It is more time efficient if looting the cans and lockers in these missions if you only run the first 5 solo.

Edited by HexCaliber

Shows how much you know about warframe, players solo farm the first 5 levels of defence missions like xini to farm rare resources, and now void keys. Most folks who group for defence do so to farm mods and want to get higher levels, its more time efficient if looting the cans and lockers in these missions if you only run the first 5.

Shows how much YOU know about this game. Because those people whom I am talking about do not leave after wave 5 nor are they going for a void key when that is the reward. They solo because they think the exp is not shared, therefore they are soloing on the other side of the map. So hush if you do not know what you are talking about :)

Yes, please. I hate Rambos in Xini/Narcissus killing enemies down the hallways. Not only you don't get XP, but you have to walk all over the map for resources and mods.

@HexCaliber you don't know what you are talking about. Great for you if you only play with friends, at whatever pace you want, but a lot of people rely on the match making for co-op. For us, It's a valid complain.

I have not met anyone who thought they had to get kills in a group to get xp, frankly I suspect you are just butt hurt over folks who rush, nm their reasons for doing so. Run with a group of friends or do it solo if rushers bother you.

I'm talking about defense missions here, where this is really a problem since it's the mission type where you can level up fastest. You want the exp of all the kills of your squad.

Has nobody ever had a weapon level up on them when they weren't doing anything? Two days of playing and I found out right quick that XP was shared from kills... of course the numbers hovering over the corpses of those I didn't kill were a hint that I didn't pick up on right away.

Still, I find it rather hard to believe that anybody could have made it to mastery level 2 without having been told this, hearing about it, checking out the wiki, or just plain figuring it out themselves... the only excuse for this is if you only ever played solo, and if that were the case, I doubt you perform a defense mission so far from the objective... no, these people know about the shared XP, they just don't give a $h!T. They rush out by the spawn point to ensure they get kills and XP, relying on the others to keep the game running long enough for them to get what they want.

When I see this happen, I just leave. I tell the group I'm with I'm out, why I'm leaving, and anybody who isn't (insert douchebag's name here) is free to join me if they want.

Ranting aside, a more thorough tutorial that went over all the necessary basics of the game would certainly be helpful. Everybody can figure out how to run, jump, shoot, and crouch. But they may not know about the parkour aspect if they're newly introduced. XP sharing, weapon crafting at the foundry, the mod system. These need a more in-depth description of their usage and purposes. I found the polarities to be rather intuitive, but I checked the wiki to make sure.

In fact, there is a lot of stuff on the wiki that isn't included in the game that ought to be, especially when it comes to weapon stats: how are we supposed to know what weapons are the best to attempt a crit-build on if we don't know what the base crit chance is? What about abilities? How are we expected to know that the only mod that affects Excalibur's slash dash is continuity and not stretch? That doesn't make sense, the abilty is more or less instant and it moves the frame, you would thing that a range increase would have you dash further - not a time increase to dash longer.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Has nobody ever had a weapon level up on them when they weren't doing anything? Two days of playing and I found out right quick that XP was shared from kills... of course the numbers hovering over the corpses of those I didn't kill were a hint that I didn't pick up on right away.

Still, I find it rather hard to believe that anybody could have made it to mastery level 2 without having been told this, hearing about it, checking out the wiki, or just plain figuring it out themselves... the only excuse for this is if you only ever played solo, and if that were the case, I doubt you perform a defense mission so far from the objective... no, these people know about the shared Xp, they just don't give a $h!T. They rush out by the spawn point to ensure they get kills and xp, relying on the others to keep the game running long enough for them to get what they want.

When I see this happen, I just leave. I tell the group I'm with I'm out, why I'm leaving, and anybody who isn't (insert douchebag's name here) is free to join me if they want.

lol i wait for spawn campers to go down so I can ignore them and gloat about my passive revenge. "shoulda stayed near the pod noob"

a loading screen tip is maybe 1 of the good solution

but lets be honest some people will always think and care about the score boards and they think on whoever kills the most win in this god damn pve game even some few high ranked players think of that, so some doesnt even care about exp shares anymore which is pretty sad

I assumed the exp share was map wide instead of 45 arbitrary ingame distance units which led to my spawn camping. Faster kills = more exp for everyone. On another note the whole you have to stay within a certain distance of someone to give them exp/get optimal exp mechanic seems very constraining and frankly a pain in the rear.

Edit: There was no space after the period, that has been remedied now.

Edited by TastesLikeGoat

During the Defense event I had a Rhino on my team during one of the alerts vs Corpus, who just sat near the hallways on the left side of the map. He died like 3 times and the only reason he didn't die more than that was because I kept using Blessing every time I noticed someone taking health damage. I asked him repeatedly to move closer to the pod so that we don't have to split up to gather resources and he kept saying no and told us to just ignore that part of the map. Eventually he went down and my two teammates both left the Cryopod defenseless to go res him. I ended up saving the pod by myself but it went down to like 10% health.

During the same event, but a different alert and on a different Corpus map (the one with the bridges), my team not only stayed near enemy spawn points, but they kept moving around in a 3 Tenno clump near the enemy spawns, leaving me to deal with the entire swarm of enemies coming from every other part of the map. Thankfully I was Volt, so I could kind of deal with it.

Unless you are using VoIP, spreading out in a defense mission is a bad idea, because you have no idea what your teammates are going to do.

I assumed the exp share was map wide instead of 45 arbitrary ingame distance units which led to my spawn camping. Faster kills = more exp for everyone. On another note the whole you have to stay within a certain distance of someone to give them exp/get optimal exp mechanic seems very constraining and frankly a pain in the rear.

Edit: There was no space after the period, that has been remedied now.

You never noticed that you don't see xp numbers pop up when you're on the opposite side of map as the rest of your team, or that you have significantly less ending xp when your team is scattered? The point of limiting the range at which xp is shared is so you actually play as a team. Anyone who wants to do everything on his/her own can do so in solo mode.

Edit: +1 to OP

Edited by Karma_Ghost