Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making utility mods more viable for more weapons.

(XBOX)RPColten

With update 17, the Exilus mod slot was introduced that allowed players the ability to install 'utility' mods to their warframe without using up a precious slot. These utility mods benefit the player by increasing sprint speed, faster knockdown recovery, increased aim-glide/bullet-jump. The list goes on.

• Drift mods
  • Handspring
  • Rush
  • Intruder
  • Mobilize
  • Thief's Wit
  • Various parkour mods
  • The list goes on...

When looking at the variety of weapons available, it always becomes clear that there is a large selection of mods for weapons that do not necessarily directly increase stats or effectiveness but rather provide some bonus function or utility value, such as:

• Terminal Velocity for flight speed
  • Adhesive Blast
  • Combustion Beam
  • Ammo mutations
  • So on and so on.

What if you could use an exilus adapter on primary/secondary weapons to unlock a utility mod slot similar to warframes?

Just a thought I had while talking with some friends.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
Grammatical correction.

I'm pretty sure I read that DE would not be putting exilus slots on weapons, not that I am against the idea. But, as it is, we are running out of mod points and without some change to the Forma/Polarity system we would be completely stuck on one build.

Rather than give us a dedicated slot, it would be nice to see some utility mods affect our weapons in more ways than just utility.
E.g. Flight speed affects the damage of projectile weapons too (not as much as a damage mod, but enough to make a difference).
Combustion beam could be improved to deal a % of the weapon's damage (as it falls off so hard), even a small %.
Recoil reduction comes with fire rate increase, or small damage buff (I can't see using recoil reduction on anything other than burst weapons, as full auto you can compensate for it easily, and burst fire need help with DPS compared with most full auto).
Adhesive blast could come with a reduction in self damage (as grenades arguably won't travel as far from you).

That's some recommendations. But you get the gist of what I'm suggesting. Because now there is an incentive over, it's easier to use. One (elitist) way of looking at utility mods, is they circumvent the need to "git gud scrub". And that is probably another reason they are largely overlooked.

Edited by Fansay
Typo