The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE asked for feedback on the Helios and Euphona Prime

(PSN)SentientSickness

On 2/26/2017 at 3:10 PM, (PS4)SentientSickness said:

I will respectfully disagree with you here

i feel like on a proper two mode weapon like this benefits more from the Stratavar's mechanics than the Quanta's

Mode switching is good for people who want to use one mode, or want to use the other mode. You have a choice, but you will almost always run one mode over the other one.

Secondary fire is good for people who want to use both modes. You can fire whichever one you want by pushing a different button.

The Euphona Prime is apparently meant to be used by people who want to rapidly switch between normal and shotgun shots.

18 hours ago, AbbadonAlpha said:

A status buff for Euphona alt fire, from 30% to 40%, so it could reach 100% status with a hybrid build, and a real switch like the zarr for his 2 firemodes

The weapon is already extremely strong; it doesn't need more stats. And the "100% shotgun proc rate" thing is a bug.

Mode switching slows down the weapon dramatically for anyone who wants to use both fire modes in battle. It's only helpful for people who want to use one fire mode all the time.

On 2/26/2017 at 5:00 PM, TheDefenestrater said:

Didn't someone data mine the euphonia stats and show that the alt fire is actually all status (30%) and no crit (2%)?  It's pretty lame to make the gun require building for either primary OR secondary fire modes.  If you build for crit, the secondary will suck.  If you build for status, the primary will suck.  You can't even build it so that the secondary is nothing more than an armor-stripping status pumper while the primary does the real damage.  It's that crappy stratavar all over again.  

Just a couple of things:

Damaging status effects bonus from critical strike bonuses. Heat and Electricity are especially nice on the Euphona Prime, because both of them have stun effects in addition to their damage. This makes them good in both primary and secondary fire.

Corrosive type does amazing damage, and the proc doesn't benefit from critical strikes. This means that the primary fire is useful for damage, and the secondary fire is useful for "armor stripping", like you said. I don't know why you would think that it won't be able to strip armor, because it looks like that's what the secondary fire is intended to do.

Edited by nairaX

12 hours ago, nairaX said:

Just a couple of things:

Damaging status effects bonus from critical strike bonuses. Heat and Electricity are especially nice on the Euphona Prime, because both of them have stun effects in addition to their damage. This makes them good in both primary and secondary fire.

Corrosive type does amazing damage, and the proc doesn't benefit from critical strikes. This means that the primary fire is useful for damage, and the secondary fire is useful for "armor stripping", like you said. I don't know why you would think that it won't be able to strip armor, because it looks like that's what the secondary fire is intended to do.

If you want 100 status chance on the alt fire (which would proc multiple status procs per shot), you need to use all of the status mods.  Doing so prevents you from using all the crit mods you need to optimize the primary fire.  

If you use all of the proper crit and multishot mods, your alt fire status will not hit 100 and you'll average less than one proc per shot.  You cannot compensate for this with a riven, since this gun has a .3 disposition, one of the lowest in the game.

Crit fire or electric procs for damage are just alright, but nothing to write home about.  They don't stack like slash and they don't bypass or devastate shields like toxin and gas or cold.  Even blast is a better cc proc.  They're better off used in combinations almost always.

On 28/02/2017 at 2:27 PM, nairaX said:

The weapon is already extremely strong; it doesn't need more stats. And the "100% shotgun proc rate" thing is a bug.

Mode switching slows down the weapon dramatically for anyone who wants to use both fire modes in battle. It's only helpful for people who want to use one fire mode all the time.

No. It's not strong atm. The crit Primary is doing great raw damage, but it's totally useless against armor, and the Status Secondary shreds everything with 100% status ( You still need to do a build only for it, no hybrids builds allowed with this weapon, that's why it's stupid) but you need to be at melee range.

So, we have a weapon with 2 modes, that can only use one effectively at a time, and needs to be melee range otherwise it sucks.

Great weapon you say ? Meh

On 2/28/2017 at 7:27 AM, Xarian said:

This is only really true for PC players. Default alt fire for console is right thumb stick down... if you have never touched a controller right thumb stick is also used for camera control/aiming. In the heat of battle mashing down in the stick will jerk your camera around. While not entirely a problem, it means that strafing and firing this weapon simultaneously is a near impossibility. 

I know a lot of people are looking at Euphonia as a Status build.

As "Banshee's Signature weapon"  a crit build with slug fire seems pretty nice for Banshee.   The high crit multiplier, decent range, combined with sonar seems pretty devastating.  You can set your Banshee Power range about 100-115% and Silence will kick in just as the enemies enter your optimal range for Sighted Slug Fire.   Heavy Crit build +Sharpenned Bullets+ Sonar should be really nice.   I'll be testing later tonight after I Forma it one more time.

The Alt-fire mode is still nice for things getting up close, which isn't usually good for Banshee.

This could be replacing my Sonicor on Banshee

EDIT: Oops Typed in the wrong thing.  Meant Sharpenned Bullets not Bladed ROunds

Edited by VigilantX

• 1 month later...

Why is the Euphona not silent? Is this a bug? I've used Euphona for a good wile now. I got the prime package as soon as it came out. Wile using Ivara with the Euphona I still alert enemies and lose my invisibility (without losing a mod slot) even though it says it's a silent weapon. It even says so in the codex. 

Edited by (XB1)MediocrisGero2