Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account deletion or reset

fili2306

Question

I was wondering if what is written on the FAQ is actually real. It says that if I delete my account they can't assure me that I'll be able to create an account with the same email or username. Is this actually real? One of you guys that actually tried it and can tell me that I can? BTW please don't ask me why I want to restart or delete the account. Thanks in advance everybody.

9 answers to this question

I think you may be better off asking this question to support, who has the capability to actually review your account personally and find if they can or cannot let you use the same email. There may be specific factors in play that changes if they can or can't. It would be a wait for the reply, however.

Just now, Zrugel said:

well, I think he was asking if it was possible first. and to answer that question, I don't know, as I haven't tried but I'm a bit curious myself about the details involved.

Since the FAQ says " NOTE: This action is permanent and not intended for users who wish to continue to play or return to play Warframe. This is due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sign up for Warframe again with the same email address or username associated with your deleted account. " then they would in some instances let you reuse the email. Yes it is possible, the message makes that very clear. They can't guarantee it though, so the best one can do is ask them. Like I said, asking support would be the only way to get a sure answer since there are reasons why they can or can not, and they are the ones that could check the account in question and answer if could or could not.

Do notice the beginning of that message though. Account deletion isn't intended for use for people wanting to keep playing.

15 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Since the FAQ says " NOTE: This action is permanent and not intended for users who wish to continue to play or return to play Warframe. This is due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sign up for Warframe again with the same email address or username associated with your deleted account. " then they would in some instances let you reuse the email. Yes it is possible, the message makes that very clear. They can't guarantee it though, so the best one can do is ask them. Like I said, asking support would be the only way to get a sure answer since there are reasons why they can or can not, and they are the ones that could check the account in question and answer if could or could not.

Do notice the beginning of that message though. Account deletion isn't intended for use for people wanting to keep playing.

I know it's not intended for that but i have no choice since the account reset is a feature that isn't present at the moment. Anyway I contacted a friend that actually tried it. I'll tell you if it's possible or not.

2 hours ago, fili2306 said:

I know it's not intended for that but i have no choice since the account reset is a feature that isn't present at the moment. Anyway I contacted a friend that actually tried it. I'll tell you if it's possible or not.

This is because if someone else uses your email address to register an account, they then become the owner of that email & account and not you. Although, who would expect that someone else would get possession of your email address and then you would later try to use the same email address (now possessed by someone else) to register a new warframe account...

Just wow, that's some mental gymnastics right there.

The username makes more sense. If you delete your account/username, someone else can come along and squat on it. No 'same email address' required.

9 hours ago, fili2306 said:

We know it is possible. The message on the FAQ proves that... If it wasn't possible the FAQ would say flat out "No you cannot reuse your email," but it says "We cannot guarantee you can." If they can't guarantee it it means that now and then they are able to let you reuse the email but you should not expect it for every account. The only way you are going to know for certain is to ask support. Going off of your friend's answer would be a very easy way for you to not only lose your account progress but also lose the ability to make an account. The account reset feature is not coming back, DE removed it intentionally several years ago. Its not going to come back when they specifically removed it for security purposes.

rather than you delete your account and make new one, is better you change your nickname 100p

and remove all your friends from the firendlist

and yes you will be able to do so. same email same username after delete but you need to check with DE is there cool off period ( to register after account delete)

OR you can ask them wipe your accoutn to clean sweep

12 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

We know it is possible. The message on the FAQ proves that... If it wasn't possible the FAQ would say flat out "No you cannot reuse your email," but it says "We cannot guarantee you can." If they can't guarantee it it means that now and then they are able to let you reuse the email but you should not expect it for every account. The only way you are going to know for certain is to ask support. Going off of your friend's answer would be a very easy way for you to not only lose your account progress but also lose the ability to make an account. The account reset feature is not coming back, DE removed it intentionally several years ago. Its not going to come back when they specifically removed it for security purposes.

Thanks for the help, I'll contact DE support and see what they can say. BTW I know that going off my fiend's aswer is not a good idea and I'm not going to do that, but since they say that 'they can't guarantee' I just wanted to know if someone else did it before.