Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tile Compatibility

0nyxTheWolf

Hey all, vVvDARKWOLFvVv here, I'm normally long winded, but I will keep this short and sweet, my friend has a Dojo with Old-school Dojo Tiles. And certain tiles don't seem to be compatible in terms of size. Please allow this image to speak for itself. 

And before anyone asks, YES, this is a necessary thing that will later be essential to the flow of our Dojo.
16836242_1253080891394394_31828075875266

This is apparent on other tiles as well when building off of the OG pieces, but using the cross was best for demonstration purposes.

That is all for now!

Thanks for taking a look-see

SEE Y'ALL STAR-SIDE!!!

Edited by vVvDARKWOLFvVv

This is probably never going to be fixed, when they updated dojos originally they instructed you to delete all your existing structures (including the spawn) to reset it and make it compatible with they changes they were making (even though they didn't do much) so I'd assume they're done supporting all the old rooms if you chose to keep them.

The only way to fix it is for them to forcibly remove your old dojo tiles and replace them with new ones, which they wont do. They aren't going to rework an old unused tileset just for the few dojos that still have it, and they aren't going to change the existing tileset and ruin practically every single dojo in the game just to solve the issue. Design your dojo differently.

ehh, i figured it was worth at least a try since my friend is abnormally sentimental about the few tiles he has on from the old set. admittedly they do look much nicer IMO than the new tiles. and we are trying to figure out a way to preserve the cross sections without blocking off doors unnecessarily and maintaining a simultaneously... its actually becoming quite a hassle... T.T

Just now, vVvDARKWOLFvVv said:

ehh, i figured it was worth at least a try since my friend is abnormally sentimental about the few tiles he has on from the old set. admittedly they do look much nicer IMO than the new tiles. and we are trying to figure out a way to preserve the cross sections without blocking off doors unnecessarily and maintaining a simultaneously... its actually becoming quite a hassle... T.T

Do what I did, use an elevator and keep the old tiles on a different floor. Or make up a different design that doesn't loop on itself like in your image there.

9 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

This is probably never going to be fixed, when they updated dojos originally they instructed you to delete all your existing structures (including the spawn) to reset it and make it compatible with they changes they were making (even though they didn't do much) so I'd assume they're done supporting all the old rooms if you chose to keep them.

I suppose what i am failing to understand is why the outer dimensions cannot be tweaked, preferably on the older tiles, so that they match the newer ones and make building from them more consistent.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Do what I did, use an elevator and keep the old tiles on a different floor. Or make up a different design that doesn't loop on itself like in your image there.

tis truly unfortunate that the dojo looping on itself like that is actually part of the design flow we were going for as we were originally going to use the natural rooms (both too big and too small in regards to the two different sizes) and SPOILER ALERT, the outer dimensions of the smaller ones are the same as the cross sections x.x

The sizes of the old ones are not the same as the new ones, as you can see yes. The old tiles were not made with a modular mindset, parts didn't align when they should have. Then DE changed the entire aesthetics of the dojo and switched them away from orokin themed to tenno themed. And since these tiles aren't able to be used by people anymore, with no plans to change that any time soon, they aren't going to edit the tiles. If editing the tiles was enough to solve the problem, they would have done it before. Problem is there are dojos already built, and so changing room sizes wouldn't work. You would still have to rebuild the structure to reposition the rooms to the proper location. DE just decided to axe the old and make everything conform to the new, which has better sized pieces.

18 hours ago, vVvDARKWOLFvVv said:

I suppose what i am failing to understand is why the outer dimensions cannot be tweaked, preferably on the older tiles, so that they match the newer ones and make building from them more consistent.

Because they're not designed to work that way, that's why they made the new ones it's not as simple as changing their size because then that screws up the alignment of the entire dojo and messes with people who already have theirs set up just fine. Either don't build in that direction or get rid of your old connectors and replace them that's all you can really do.

Also since nobody can use them anymore they have no incentive to improve old tiles since they gain nothing from it and neither does 90+% of the playerbase.

Edited by -Amaterasu-