Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Sands (Closed, IC)

bowiespoon

28 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The settlement was almost entirely low-tech, due to limited resources and a desire to avoid advertising the settlement's location. A single stray transmission could bring an entire grineer fleet down on them, so they tried to rely on technology as little as possible.

J'Taav strolled out of a nearby shack, whistling a strange tune.

Marking the hut's location as the pair continue to build a 3D map of the area, they began to trail the grineer over the rooftops.

35 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"With no law out here, there is a rather high amount of banditry going on. Salvage crews are getting attacked for their goods. Hence the need to hire security."

Zaben: "Fair enough, wasn't sure if there were other "hazards" on these jobs, but if it's just banditry, then we'll be fine. Now, when do we start, because if we have some time, I'd like to go visit the shops around here for supplies."

On 2/28/2017 at 10:46 PM, bowiespoon said:

At the edge of the settlement, there was a crudely painted sign that read 'Deadwood'. A few armed men were clustered together a block away, but there were no guards to the settlement.

Deadwood appeared to be a collection of hastily-constructed shacks made of nearby scrap more than any sort of town.

"Deadwood huh? I could make a joke ab-" 
Before the larger of the two could finish his terrible joke, his compatriot smacked him across the face. A metallic clang resonated across the arid landscape as the metal hand slapped against the metal face. His partner whined but stayed silent, getting the message loud and clear.

The two metal covered beasts walked into the town, hoping to find anything that could help them locate the ship they needed.

Edited by (PS4)SuperShadic445

18 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "Fair enough, wasn't sure if there were other "hazards" on these jobs, but if it's just banditry, then we'll be fine. Now, when do we start, because if we have some time, I'd like to go visit the shops around here for supplies."

"The crew doesn't leave for an hour or so. Just tell them that Arraz sent you." Arraz said, walking off.

16 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"Deadwood huh? I could make a joke ab-" 
Before the larger of the two could finish his terrible joke, his compatriot smacked him across the face. A metallic clang resonated across the arid landscape as the metal hand slapped against the metal face. His partner whined but stayed silent, getting the message loud and clear.

The two metal covered beasts walked into the town, hoping to find anything that could help them locate the ship they needed.

People stared wherever the two went, unused to seeing regular proxies, let alone whatever they were.

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

J'Taav stopped walking, continuing to whistle to himself.

The pair stealthily jumped off the rooftops and slunk between the walls closer to J'Taav.

Aria's mind however was elsewhere it seems, as her helmet sniffing out the air for anything resembling a clothing or outfitters store.

59 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

The pair stealthily jumped off the rooftops and slunk between the walls closer to J'Taav.

Aria's mind however was elsewhere it seems, as her helmet sniffing out the air for anything resembling a clothing or outfitters store.

J'Taav sighed loudly and glanced at a watch.

There didn't seem to be anything that might pass as a clothing store nearby, but perhaps a different settlement might have one.

Zaben: "I guess that settles that, though I forgot to ask him where. Oh well, let's head over to a supply shop. To be on the safe size since we're mostly defending something, let's get explosives, and wire for trip-wire traps. What do you think, anything that we're missing?"

Rakan:"............."

Zaben: "Well… out with it you da*n mute."

Rakan proceeds to pulls out a detailed list that he was writing while Zaben was discussing the job with Arraz.

At least 8 fragment grenades

10 smoke grenades

2-3 thermite charges (should we need to blast through something)

Wire

Ammo (since we used a little too much on our last job)

Food & Water

Grappling hooks, cable, and launchers. 

Zaben: "Now that you mention it, we are low of water, and ammo, plus we need multiple ways of escaping should things go south. We should have enough money from the last job for the supplies, so let's go."

They proceed to go to any and all of the shops that could be useful before looking for the crew Arraz talked about.

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

J'Taav sighed loudly and glanced at a watch.

There didn't seem to be anything that might pass as a clothing store nearby, but perhaps a different settlement might have one.

Pushing the disappointment aside for now, Aria took a quick sniff around before burrowing behind a pile of debris, digging underneath the adjacent building. Shortly after, her helmet quietly erupts from the ground a meter away from J'Taav's feet in plain sight, though inconspicuous enough to not draw a crowd from the sight or noise.

5 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

People stared wherever the two went, unused to seeing regular proxies, let alone whatever they were.

The taller of the two, appeared to be a Mecha animal of some sort. It wasn't a charted breed before and was probably some sort of ancient feline. However, it's features from the neck down, were basically Human - like. However it still did have a tail. 

The metal was a painted a Deep silver  It covered the beast, head to toe. Small blue lines could be seen on the armor as well, indicating a sort of power being pushed through the suit. On the left shoulder sat a crest that contained two swords with a sort of tribal design swirling around it. The eyes in the helmet, just like the power circulating throughout the body, glowed a pale Blue color. The massive beast was huge, as it looked to be almost 7 feet tall, possible larger. 

His partner on the other hand, was smaller, probably around the 6 foot range. It's armor and body structure was similar to the feline, except for the fact that it had the head of a Wolf. It's eyes were glowing a blazing Red as well. It's armor was also less bulky. There were also pieces of Carbon fiber in certain places like the shoulder pads, claw and chest areas. It bore the same crest on its left shoulder as well.

Both beasts continued onward, ignoring the onlookers. They continued into a nearby bar.

8 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

Pushing the disappointment aside for now, Aria took a quick sniff around before burrowing behind a pile of debris, digging underneath the adjacent building. Shortly after, her helmet quietly erupts from the ground a meter away from J'Taav's feet in plain sight, though inconspicuous enough to not draw a crowd from the sight or noise.

"Took you long enough." J'Taav said, "Is the nyx around or is it just you? I've got something important to tell you."

Edited by bowiespoon

23 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "I guess that settles that, though I forgot to ask him where. Oh well, let's head over to a supply shop. To be on the safe size since we're mostly defending something, let's get explosives, and wire for trip-wire traps. What do you think, anything that we're missing?"

Rakan:"............."

Zaben: "Well… out with it you da*n mute."

Rakan proceeds to pulls out a detailed list that he was writing while Zaben was discussing the job with Arraz.

At least 8 fragment grenades

10 smoke grenades

2-3 thermite charges (should we need to blast through something)

Wire

Ammo (since we used a little too much on our last job)

Food & Water

Grappling hooks, cable, and launchers. 

Zaben: "Now that you mention it, we are low of water, and ammo, plus we need multiple ways of escaping should things go south. We should have enough money from the last job for the supplies, so let's go."

They proceed to go to any and all of the shops that could be useful before looking for the crew Arraz talked about.

The crew was at the bar - the only place that always seemed to be populated. They didn't look like much, just a bunch of ex-colonists trying to make a quick fortune. They were coated with dust from the road and rust from the ships, and were always glancing around suspiciously at the other patrons.

19 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

The taller of the two, appeared to be a Mecha animal of some sort. It wasn't a charted breed before and was probably some sort of ancient feline. However, it's features from the neck down, were basically Human - like. However it still did have a tail. 

The metal was a painted a Deep silver  It covered the beast, head to toe. Small blue lines could be seen on the armor as well, indicating a sort of power being pushed through the suit. On the left shoulder sat a crest that contained two swords with a sort of tribal design swirling around it. The eyes in the helmet, just like the power circulating throughout the body, glowed a pale Blue color. The massive beast was huge, as it looked to be almost 7 feet tall, possible larger. 

His partner on the other hand, was smaller, probably around the 6 foot range. It's armor and body structure was similar to the feline, except for the fact that it had the head of a Wolf. It's eyes were glowing a blazing Red as well. It's armor was also less bulky. There were also pieces of Carbon fiber in certain places like the shoulder pads, claw and chest areas. It bore the same crest on its left shoulder as well.

Both beasts continued onward, ignoring the onlookers. They continued into a nearby bar.

The bartender spared them a glance before turning back to cleaning a cup ((as all true bartenders do in westerns))

"Proxies aren't allowed on the premises." he said

44 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The crew was at the bar - the only place that always seemed to be populated. They didn't look like much, just a bunch of ex-colonists trying to make a quick fortune. They were coated with dust from the road and rust from the ships, and were always glancing around suspiciously at the other patrons.

Zaben: "Are you guys the crew Arraz was talking about? Your friend made us an offer to be bodyguards for you."

13 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

"Took you long enough." J'Taav said, "Is the nyx around or is it just you? I've got something important to tell you."

"They're everywhere~ They're nowhere~ They're an enigma~" Aria jests, in her usual gadfly way. As far as J'Taav should be concerned, he's not going to get a straight answer as far as if/where the Nyx is planetside at the moment.

"So what've you got to get off your chest~?"

33 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

"They're everywhere~ They're nowhere~ They're an enigma~" Aria jests, in her usual gadfly way. As far as J'Taav should be concerned, he's not going to get a straight answer as far as if/where the Nyx is planetside at the moment.

"So what've you got to get off your chest~?"

"One. Three. Seven. Don't forget those numbers, they're important." J'Taav said. His message delivered, he walked off, whistling cheerfully.

1 hour ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "Are you guys the crew Arraz was talking about? Your friend made us an offer to be bodyguards for you."

"If Arraz sent you, then yes, that's us. If you're taking over as security for today, then I guess you get his share. 10% of whatever we find, or something of equivalent value. Sound fair?"

2 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

The bartender spared them a glance before turning back to cleaning a cup ((as all true bartenders do in westerns))

"Proxies aren't allowed on the premises." he said

There was a hiss and a click as the helmet of the Wolf retracted to reveal a Jet Black wolf underneath
"Good think we aren't proxies" The animal smirked

The larger feline retracted its helmet as well to reveal its Snow White fur. 

"So you wouldn't mind helping a couple of people passing through would ya'?" 

30 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"One. Three. Seven. Don't forget those numbers, they're important." J'Taav said. His message delivered, he walked off, whistling cheerfully.

(back over to Dalton then I guess? ^^;)

Aria's helmet quickly recoiled back under the ground, not giving an acknowledgement either way.

Making her way back out of her tunnel, she meets up with the hidden Nyx who had sneaked her way back to the hut the grineer had come out of earlier. Pulling a remote observer out of of her void gear storage, Mia quietly pilots it through the door.

Tarnas walked through the streets of Deadwood, his Redeemer on his back. He shoved anyone in his path out of the way. He only came here because he had a feeling that someone was here. Someone dangerous. Someone he had to deal with.

He knew the easiest way of finding whoever he was looking for would be staying in plain sight. If they tried to ambush him, he always had his decoys.

(Gut feelings are always right. Most of the time.)

1 hour ago, bowiespoon said:

"If Arraz sent you, then yes, that's us. If you're taking over as security for today, then I guess you get his share. 10% of whatever we find, or something of equivalent value. Sound fair?"

Zaben: "I think you will find that 20% is much more reasonable."

27 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

(back over to Dalton then I guess? ^^;)

Aria's helmet quickly recoiled back under the ground, not giving an acknowledgement either way.

Making her way back out of her tunnel, she meets up with the hidden Nyx who had sneaked her way back to the hut the grineer had come out of earlier. Pulling a remote observer out of of her void gear storage, Mia quietly pilots it through the door.

Dalton was quietly disassembling and cleaning the pair of vipers, muttering to himself. His shack was rather spartan in terms of furnishing: A bed, a desk, and a chair comprised the entirety of his abode.

4 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Zaben: "I think you will find that 20% is much more reasonable."

"I think that 10% had best remain with us, friend. Otherwise, we might just forget which patches of sand are safe to walk on." the man closest to them said with a sly grin.

((I know I gave this RP a western-vibe, but I didn't think we'd be paraphrasing the good, the bad, and the ugly this soon!))