Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do clans work?

mosaickle

Question

Been thinking that I better join a clan since everyone benefits from doing so. In terms of the 'gains' from clans I'm only doing it for more Warframes, so how does that work? Is there set clans like syndicates? Or can you 'make' your own clan? If so, how does one decide what they 'gain' from clans and whatnot? How do I get recruited into clans and who controls them? Are there ranking systems in clans? Are the resources you can get from clans limited/shared or free for all to take? Does it take a certain amount of 'commitment' to gain access to certain things you can get from clans?

Yeah I'm new to clans and I'd like to know everything out there possible about clans :P I plan on (although being a casual player) being a benefit to the community (somehow, perhaps by maining Trinity and spamming EV I dunno)

8 answers to this question

you get access to clan only weapons and warframes by entering one. 

that's the in game benefit

the rest? specific to clan. 

but basically,  you can rob em blind of their tech for no negative impact on anyone if you want and keep going solo if you have aboot 5mil (?) credits and simply buy out every blueprint. 

ask recruiting channel and ignore ones demanding payment and/or having taxes. 

gut luck

Edited by (PS4)CelasVictor

Hello,

Not an expert but will try to shed some light :)

Clans are player organized, they have nothing to do with the Syndicates. When a clan is formed, a Dojo can be created which is practically a space station where the clan members can build their labs, train in PVP or parkour, trade (between each other or invite other tenno) or simply relax...

The ranking in clans depends only in the number of tenno it can get. So there are lower level clans or higher level clans. There is no difference except from the number of members they can get and the research requirements for some weapons (Hema :facepalm:)

In the Dojo, the clan can create research labs (Bio for Infested, Tenno, Chem for Grineer, Energy for Corpus) in which the clan can research projects that lead to blueprints of weapons, sentinels, warframes and gear (like energy restores). In each project, the clan members should donate resources for the project to initiate.

You do not need to do anything actually to gain access to these (afaik). But it would help a great deal if you contribute what you can in a research project. I guess no-one will ask you to give 1000 plastids for a research when you are MR4 but if you can spare some, it would help.

To join a clan, you can use the recruitment tab ingame or simply go to the recruitment threads in this forum. There, you will find various clan advertisements and you can judge which would be a better fit for you, and apply.

Hope I helped :)

Enjoy the game :)

49 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Or can you 'make' your own clan?

Yes, every player can start a clan. But if you have friends who already have a clan, it might be easier to join them.

50 minutes ago, Atylia said:

If so, how does one decide what they 'gain' from clans and whatnot?

That depends on the player and the clan. There are competitive clans, who strive to have the highest rankings in events, roleplaying clans, small clans with friends only, big social clans, ...

Are there ranking systems in clans?

Each clan can define 10 ranks which can get different rights. What rights a rank gets (hosting the dojo, building new rooms, starting research, ...) is up to the clan. Same goes for advancing ranks.

Are the resources you can get from clans limited/shared or free for all to take? Does it take a certain amount of 'commitment' to gain access to certain things you can get from clans?

Access to researched items is free for all and cannot be blocked or regulated by the warlords. However, they can set rules on how much you have to contribute to certain activities or you might be demoted or even expelled.

7 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Access to researched items is free for all and cannot be blocked or regulated by the warlords. However, they can set rules on how much you have to contribute to certain activities or you might be demoted or even expelled.

So in a sense you can take as much as you can and just dash for it?
I'm not gonna do that at all, but I'm just curious

1 hour ago, Atylia said:

So in a sense you can take as much as you can and just dash for it?
I'm not gonna do that at all, but I'm just curious

If the clan you joined give you the rights then yes, you could do that. That´s why I would allways set the rank of new ones to initiate.